The General Ross County Chat Thread

53 minutes ago, Matty-RCFC said:

I see the newly formed Supporters Club are offering £5 tickets for the away bus to Hibs. Whilst I encourage anybody trying to get bums on seats, I feel for the Black Isle Supporters Club who have supported the club by putting on hundreds of buses over the years - often with little-to-no help in terms of advertising from the club. I don’t understand why the two couldn’t have worked in tandem with each other? 

Is this not what happened before - quite a few noses were put out of joint. 

7 minutes ago, Sonam said:

With Dhanda injured, what a game it would have been for Kyle Turner today! The damage Adams during his short spell may end up with us being relegated. 

I’d say it’s more an indictment on Khela, Sims and Henderson, all of whom were signed to play in a formation not unlike that one.  

Sheaf is going to have to step up today.  

47 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

I’d say it’s more an indictment on Khela, Sims and Henderson, all of whom were signed to play in a formation not unlike that one.  

Sheaf is going to have to step up today.  

Was that sheaf that had that miss early on? What a miss!! Thankfully Brophy is on it today.

Out of jail!!!

Terrible performance that 2nd half. I moved from the West stand to the jailend. Didn't see much play up towards there 2nd half until the winner. Thank F*** 

Jordon White needs to train harder, FAR too slow with that chance towards the end. Should have sent White out on loan and kept Samuel (and Turner...) 

At least Brophy has ability! Even if not fully fit. 

Edited by Sonam

May be an unpopular opinion, but thought we were a lot better without Dhanda today. Midfield 3 and Forward 3 all worked their socks off. 

I feel like Dhanda is too much of a luxury that we can’t afford atm. 

Edited by StoneThrowAway

53 minutes ago, StoneThrowAway said:

May be an unpopular opinion, but thought we were a lot better without Dhanda today. Midfield 3 and Forward 3 all worked their socks off. 

Dunno, we still need someone to take corners and free kicks. Was odd seeing Murray take a direct free kick.

25 minutes ago, Pete the Jakey said:

Dunno, we still need someone to take corners and free kicks. Was odd seeing Murray take a direct free kick.

Agree, but there are others that are decent at set pieces too… I just think work rate > flair atm. 

23 minutes ago, Pete the Jakey said:

Dhanda has superb delivery for free kicks, corners, one of the best in the league. Well at least outside the old firm. County will need him for the play off/ relegation battle IMO. Too good.

While I do think he hopefully, only temporarily, appeared to have taken his foot off the pedal a bit. Perhaps being overly keen to join Hearts before his contract ended? Just speculating of course.

Just hope when he returns to the team we see the quality that he undoubtedly has. If he wants to be considered for starting Hearts matches next season, it is in his interest to play well right up to the end. No player wants relegation on their CV as said before.

Murray as our top scorer needs to be in the box, not taking the free kicks I reckon.

I really hope to see Don Cowie, a Dingwall Academy lad do well. It's nice hearing a Dingwall accent during his interview there, hehe :) Every match is huge now. St. Mirren at home on Tuesday is a difficult prospect and County for sure will have to defend better than they did today if they want anything from the match. Great to see a victory today, to turn around the form. Onwards & upwards

3 hours ago, StoneThrowAway said:

Well I agree I think the team played better through the midfield without him he clearly has talent but we seemed to have a better balance today for me

38 minutes ago, roth08 said:

Well I agree I think the team played better through the midfield without him he clearly has talent but we seemed to have a better balance today for me

A better balance? Really! 1st half maybe, definately not in the 2nd though! Livi were all over us in the 2nd half. 

As much as I'm delighted with the win, pleased for Don Cowie, County were not winning the midfield battle for the majority of that 2nd half! Would you be saying the same if it had ended 2-2?

It was a lucky win in the end, equal 6 shots on target, but some of those Livi shot off target were damn close!  18 to 13 in favour of Livi... for a home game against the team that are bottom!

Let's not play Dhanda then for the remainder of the season if that's yer thoughts...

Is Wickens a better keeper than Laidlaw? In my opinion yes. He kept us in that game yesterday, in particular saving the shot that was going into the top corner. From my seat he stretched every sinew in his body to reach that. A good signing by DA and we are lucky to have him. He will go on and do well in the game.

8 hours ago, Sonam said:

A better balance? Really! 1st half maybe, definately not in the 2nd though! Livi were all over us in the 2nd half. 

As much as I'm delighted with the win, pleased for Don Cowie, County were not winning the midfield battle for the majority of that 2nd half! Would you be saying the same if it had ended 2-2?

It was a lucky win in the end, equal 6 shots on target, but some of those Livi shot off target were damn close!  18 to 13 in favour of Livi... for a home game against the team that are bottom!

Let's not play Dhanda then for the remainder of the season if that's yer thoughts...

If you think they over ran us yesterday in the second half because Dhanda wasn’t playing then you know heehaw about football. 

They changed at half time to play with more width (Mackay RW, Double LW), Cowie kept us playing narrow. Stevie Wonder could see they were outnumbering us in the middle/their forward position. That’s nothing to do with personnel and solely to do with the number of bodies. 

Edited by StoneThrowAway