The General Ross County Chat Thread

Tried a panoramic shot of the stadium today, although it didn't quite work out perfect, but it gives you a good idea of how the Stadium looks - Taken from above the Tunnel

545024_406241232759915_1895637671_n.jpg

That's quite class actually. Strong work Jailender smile.gif

Warming to the jailend, still doesn't look right without the terracing, but I am looking forward to getting up for a game in such a tight stadium.

On a tangent to the stadium, are folk expecting signs over the next week or so? I thought people's contracts would be up end of June so we could name some more names, but I may be being optimistic... unsure.gif Been a bit out of the loop last few weeks.

From the likes of images of Del's beep test sheet, shirt numbers given in media shots, etc we still seem to be looking for a first-choice RB. I imagine most of us would have been very surprised if we hadn't been, but it's good to see things pointing towards that. Mark Wilson is available ph34r.gif

That's quite class actually. Strong work Jailender smile.gif

Warming to the jailend, still doesn't look right without the terracing, but I am looking forward to getting up for a game in such a tight stadium.

On a tangent to the stadium, are folk expecting signs over the next week or so? I thought people's contracts would be up end of June so we could name some more names, but I may be being optimistic... unsure.gif Been a bit out of the loop last few weeks.

From the likes of images of Del's beep test sheet, shirt numbers given in media shots, etc we still seem to be looking for a first-choice RB. I imagine most of us would have been very surprised if we hadn't been, but it's good to see things pointing towards that. Mark Wilson is available ph34r.gif

I would hope we'd be making some soon! We're remarkably short on defenders, not just the fact that we lack a proper RB.

Stadium is looking cracking, just get the advertising boards on to complete the look. Can't wait for my first visit.

Looks good. I asked earlier in the thread but don't see a response - the new seats in the stand opposite from where that photo has been taken look like the temporary type seats that we have. Is that right? Indeed, it looks like that's the case with all the new seats that have gone in.

Not slagging them off incidentally, they serve a simple purpose although the Jailend looks very odd with seats in there! Looking forward to the first derby game there.

Edited by RiG

Looks good. I asked earlier in the thread but don't see a response - the new seats in the stand opposite from where that photo has been taken look like the temporary type seats that we have. Is that right? Indeed, it looks like that's the case with all the new seats that have gone in.

Not slagging them off incidentally, they serve a simple purpose although the Jailend looks very odd with seats in there! Looking forward to the first derby game there.

All the new seats are a similar version to both of your end stands. yes.

All the new seats came fixed to metal frames and were installed over the existing concrete terracing, so the new seating areas will have that "hollow" feeling to them that the North and South Stands at the TCS have.

Tried a panoramic shot of the stadium today, although it didn't quite work out perfect, but it gives you a good idea of how the Stadium looks - Taken from above the Tunnel

545024_406241232759915_1895637671_n.jpg

Cracking pic, are the white buildings on the right the cadet training centre? stayed tghere for a week a couple of years ago -cracking time (it was when the staggies beat celik in the semi !! , heard the whole town roar when the first goal went in !)biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Cracking pic, are the white buildings on the right the cadet training centre? stayed tghere for a week a couple of years ago -cracking time (it was when the staggies beat celik in the semi !! , heard the whole town roar when the first goal went in !)biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Nah, they're just some newly built flats. The bloke who owns/rents the flat with the window that you can see, sometimes watches the games from there while sitting on his bog. :lol:

The cadet training centre will be the white building you can see just behind the flood-light column, or maybe thats the hospital (where many great people were born :D ) in which case the cadet centre is just next door. Great memories of that place after army cadet pipe-band weekends in my youth, that's where I basically learned to drink :lol:

Edited by StuartTaylor

All the new seats came fixed to metal frames and were installed over the existing concrete terracing, so the new seating areas will have that "hollow" feeling to them that the North and South Stands at the TCS have.

Is that a good or a bad thing? (I've not been to the Tulloch Caledonian Stadium since it was refurbished).

The cadet training centre will be the white building you can see just behind the flood-light column, or maybe thats the hospital (where many great people were born :D ) in which case the cadet centre is just next door. Great memories of that place after army cadet pipe-band weekends in my youth, that's where I basically learned to drink :lol:

I mind o the caretaker they had at the centre .... bit of a strange un ...say no more laugh.gif

Just out of interest, what colour are the metal frames?

Are they fixed to the concrete at the base or onto the vertical face of the terrace behind?

Just out of interest, what colour are the metal frames?

Are they fixed to the concrete at the base or onto the vertical face of the terrace behind?

Here are pictures of the seating while it was still being installed. The Jailend and the first few rows of the Away Stand appear to fixed directly to the old terrace. The upper rows of the away stand appear to be supported by the "arena" style seating, similar to TCS.

Jailend

10hmude.jpg

Away Stand

AwJ2FG_CEAA6W-w.jpg

DSC_0004.jpg

What was the result in the Brora game?

If you asked the Jailender he might say:

"A very solid first half display in which we dominated, with Vigurs running the show.

Stuart Kettlewell took his goal very well, placing the ball into the left side of the goal from around 20 yards out.

Second goal was scored by Sam Morrow when he headed in from around 6 yards out, it looked to be a goal bound shot by Richard Brittain that Morrow just diverted past the keeper.

Brora then scored with their only attempt on goal of the first half, a header by their No 13, following a corner.

But County restored their two goal lead with another header from Morrow.

Second half Brora made more of a game of it, but this was maybe more down to the fact we started with only two recognised defenders - this maybe highlighting the fact we need more cover in defence.

Only Boyd and Munro were the familiar defenders, although Archie McPhee was at left back where he has played before, but Paul Lawson was moved to right back for the start of the second half.

As is usual with friendlies, there were a lot of substitutions, so the game never really got going, County had several chances but the Brora keeper made a string of good saves.

Glenn looked good and he, Craig and McMenamin linked up well together - especially given it's their first game together!

A bright start to pre-season I would say!"

But I wouldn't say anything as I wasn't there.

I have been told we have sold over 1,800 season tickets so far. I am sure we will break 2,000.Great news IMO.

I have 3 to buy myself, but want to have a look around before deciding where to go.

I think I will go into the East stand as the view will be so much better, but it could be very quiet in there. Any noisy beggers in the East stand?