The General Ross County Chat Thread

Well, that's sure some team United are bringing to Victoria Park! Bebe, Macheda & Petrucci were about the only names I recognise.

Squad: Sam Johnstone, Joel Castro Pereira; Liam Grimshaw, Tom Thorpe, Scott Wootton, Marnick Vermijl; Larnell Cole, Ryan Tunnicliffe, Andreas Pereira, Charni Ekangamene, Ben Pearson, Davide Petrucci; James Wilson, Tom Lawrence, Bebe, Federico Macheda, Jack Barmby.

We played United three years ago for Alan Mains testimonial and they played pretty well against a strong Saints team, winning 3-2. Their current youth squad is seemingly better so it should be a decent game. The squad that played us was...

United: Alan Main, Dudgeon, Fryers, Wootton, Gill, Possebon, Norwood, Morrison, King, Eikrem, Ajose
Subs: Johnstone, Tunnicliffe, Blackhouse, Brady, Lingard.

Well, that's sure some team United are bringing to Victoria Park! Bebe, Macheda & Petrucci were about the only names I recognise.

Squad: Sam Johnstone, Joel Castro Pereira; Liam Grimshaw, Tom Thorpe, Scott Wootton, Marnick Vermijl; Larnell Cole, Ryan Tunnicliffe, Andreas Pereira, Charni Ekangamene, Ben Pearson, Davide Petrucci; James Wilson, Tom Lawrence, Bebe, Federico Macheda, Jack Barmby.

i recognise 12 due to football manager lol

I'm looking forward to the game. There are some real wildcard players in that lineup.

Is Bebe Fergie's Worst ever signing?

Are Cole and Barmby the real deal, or do they just sound like it?

Truth be told, I know a wee bit more about some of the Man U reserves than County's signings from the Nether regions.

I didn't go to the Man Utd game, but apparently the starting line up had:

Brown

Kovacevic Boyd Munro Micic Gordon

Sproule Brittain Quinn Maatsen

Luckassen

I genuinely don't remember Adams starting with three centre-backs before. There might have been a game late in 09/10 but I'm clutching at straws.

The setup isn't that unlike what Hamilton and Partick Thistle did when County were last in the First Division, with it quickly going to a 3-4-3 in attack. The biggest difference between those teams (especially Thistle) and County is that the others had a central defender who could step up to be a midfielder, to make a back four as it suited.

I wonder if this particular formation is a prototype of what will happen at Celtic Park, wide midfielders excepted. The last visit there was a thumping and I think Adams would strongly value an unbeaten start if he could get it.

On a separate point: that Derek Adams Twitter parody account is rotten. Poor patter and a tendency to spout nonsense at the ICT wums; it's not worth it.

Edited by bunglebonce

I found this thread on the third page!

There was some torrential rain in Dingwall yesterday, I hope the pitch absorbed it without issue.

Here is my Stuart Kettlewell interview that I hinted at on a previous page.

http://www.tellhimhespele.com/stuart-kettlewell-ludere-causa-ludendi/

Edited by bunglebonce

I found this thread on the third page!

Place goes to the dogs just because most of us were in Holland. I blame yoda, who had no excuse not to be posting GIFs in here.

I think this thread was neglected due to the Richard Brittain thread having a brief and unwelcome resurrection while you lot were lording it up in Holland.

It seems that even in the wake of one of the finest results in their history, Captain Fantastic and Ross County were still foremost in the minds of quite a few Saintees.