The General Ross County Chat Thread

Martin Scott has re-signed for you guys apparently. Struggled quite badly at Hibs last year.

It's been confirmed on the Facebook page. I'm underwhelmed by this signing. I was hoping that Adams could look beyond ex-players.

He's decent enough and will do a job when called upon, but he shouldn't be seeing too many starts. Not particularly improving our squad, but bolstering the numbers I suppose.

In other news, I see the problems with the Jubilee Stand have been overcome and it's almost finished (externally and seating wise anyway), and the drainage channels have been installed today and surfacing is due to be carried out tomorrow. It's going to be tight, but it looks like we'll make it.

The pitch itself is apparently 2-3 weeks away from being established enough to survive being played on... handily with 5 weeks to go.

ETA: I think I may treat myself to a site visit tomorrow, I haven't had the time to do one as yet.

Edited by Spain

Not worried about the stadium one bit. It looks really smart in my opinion.

With the turmoil surrounding the Scottish game we will have no issues. The pitch will be fine. In the pics I saw today it looked like it has come on well in a week. 5 weeks is bags of time.

Jimmy will be a squad player for us, and can play anywhere to be honest.

We have 3 or so signings left to get. They will make the difference if we can get the right players in.

two defenders at least are required.

Edited by Capital_stag

Unnofficial nod given today with regards the safety cert. They just have to finish off a disabled ramp apparently at the Jubilee End over the weekend and we'll get signed off first thing on Monday. Patching works being carried out on all the tracks on the way in tomorrow morning so parking/visiting the stadium may be difficult tomorrow.

(Again, despite my best attempts, I never made it in today. At this rate I won't see it till the opening match!)

I take it that the little gazebo is just to get the capacity over the 6000 mark?

No one is quite sure, but the general opinion is that the 6,000 seats rule refers to seats with unrestricted view. And given the Jailend has some pillars with seats near them, they put this structure in to make sure they were over the 6,000 mark.

But capacity is at 6,300 now - but not sure exactly how many seats have restricted views yet.

I can't wait to survey a packed ground on derby day from my regular standing spot. Excitement is seriously building now. Also, where I stand, I won't be able to see the gazebo so it'll look awesome to me. 8)

I take it that the little gazebo is just to get the capacity over the 6000 mark?

It's being used house the newly formed Wendy House Ultras. Gets them a bit closer to the away fans for abuse purposes. So I heard anyway.

what is this "standing" you speak of, grandad?

Young Les, I will still be "standing" for every game next season. I stand in one of the few places where I will always be allowed to stand, a place which is nice and warm (any time of year), where stewards can not touch me. I am easily recognisable as the tallest and most handsome man on the halfway line...