St Mirren v Motherwell 31/07/2022

The "normal bit" as you call it has been "shut" ever since the Motherwell wee fannies invaded the pitch during the 1-1 game last season. Your support were c***s then and you reap whaf you sow.
As for your drivel that there was only single seats left, see the post I made about half an hour after ko.
Are you aware the St Mirren wee fannies invaded the pitch at the season and were over nearer the away stand? Neither of these pitch invasions including going on the pitch but I know what you mean. I was up the far end of the stand so didn't see what went on but the stewarding at St Mirren has been heavy-handed and a bit of a joke for a few years now. The length of the queue outside was a nonsense for starters.

11 hours ago, Torfason said:

Saw about 25-30 young lads all in black running past the family stand as we walked back to the car, then a couple of minutes later about 15 cops went running that way. 

Guessing something kicked off?

Are you sure they were wearing black? Sounds like it could’ve been the Motherwell team heading back to the bus having just robbed 3 points. 

2 minutes ago, stu92 said:

Are you sure they were wearing black? Sounds like it could’ve been the Motherwell team heading back to the bus having just robbed 3 points. 

Should have got the tannoy announcer to do the same as ours did a few seasons ago when Killie did a similar number on us.

"And scorer for Kilmarnock was Dick Turpin"

Brought the biggest laugh of the day from both sets of fans.

At half time I thought the game had been fairly even with us having a worrying lack of threat. St. Mirren had less of the ball but had more going forward and should have done better with a couple of chances. Kelly's save was incredible as was his stop in the second half but, for all their second half possession and particularly after Lamie's horrible challenge, it wasn't as incisive. During the game I thought an equaliser had to come but, in the main, we defended well and St Mirren squandered the clear cut challenges they did get.

Although we didn't create much I thought both teams were a hell of a lot better than the last game I saw there (last season's 1-1). That would have got football stopped.

1 hour ago, santheman said:

Should have got the tannoy announcer to do the same as ours did a few seasons ago when Killie did a similar number on us.

"And scorer for Kilmarnock was Dick Turpin"

Brought the biggest laugh of the day from both sets of fans.

I forgot about that. 

2 hours ago, Archie McSquackle said:
9 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:
The "normal bit" as you call it has been "shut" ever since the Motherwell wee fannies invaded the pitch during the 1-1 game last season. Your support were c***s then and you reap whaf you sow.
As for your drivel that there was only single seats left, see the post I made about half an hour after ko.

Are you aware the St Mirren wee fannies invaded the pitch at the season and were over nearer the away stand? Neither of these pitch invasions including going on the pitch but I know what you mean. I was up the far end of the stand so didn't see what went on but the stewarding at St Mirren has been heavy-handed and a bit of a joke for a few years now. The length of the queue outside was a nonsense for starters.

I don't think you'll draw too much dissent from St. Mirren supporters that the stewards at our ground are utterly shite, aggressive and overzealous.

The big ginger boy in particular (think he's new) was spoiling for a fight all day, after he weighed in on the Motherwell boy getting huckled out the ground, he was placed on the halfway line in the West stand. Towards the end of the match. he got in the face of one of our supporters in the front row who jumped up and shouted something in the walkway. He aggressively told him to sit on his arse and when about 20-25 supporters behind the boy told HIM to beat it and sit on his arse, he wasn't quite so brave as he didn't have a squad of stewards around him and quietly shuffled off elsewhere.

Stewarding a football match should be the easiest couple of hours pay on the go, stand about, don't make a c**t of yourself by drawing attention to yourself and give a little leeway. Only get involved if there's a genuine incident or emergency. Young supporters like Well Bois and our set are always going to try and push your buttons, they are daft wee 15-17 year old laddies with too much testosterone, substances and bravado in them. You're a 43 year old guy with 3 weans and a job you despise...if you rise, you'll just encourage them and at the end, you always come out looking the bad one. So just leave it, take your money and go fucking home when the day is done, stop trying to be Rambo FFS.

Funnily enough, this level of heavy mob-handed enforcement is very much lacking when Rangers and Celtic come to town. Wonder why!

Edited by djchapsticks

7 hours ago, Kapowzer said:

Yet there was only one actual convicted thug on the park.

I know your on the wind up but still, it was a horrible challenge regardless of who did it or who they play for.

That sort of challenge could have ended his career just like Tokely did with Chris Kerr and I’m sure you have Motherwell examples, just not acceptable. 

14 hours ago, santheman said:

Exactly, these guys from all our clubs bring a bit of colour and passion into the game otherwise we would all be sitting listening to sweetie papers being rustled.

Yeah some of them can be a bit stupid but they are very much in the minority and I put that down to youthful exuberance rather than anything malicious.

Not any worse than when I was a boy in the 70's getting up to all sorts at games.

You see it everywhere, old guys moaning about youngsters but get nostalgic about rioting on the terraces and pissing down someone’s leg.

The fans ultras groups have done a great job in getting some atmosphere into grounds. The W7 guys have been great esp when were in the championship.

Seems a few boys are getting carried away and want some aggro but it's hardly the 1980s. 

I'm not sure what exactly went on yesterday with the boy getting lifted but the whole stewarding and policing seemed rubbish (nothing new there). Not sure what all the fans standing in the concourse at the front of the stand was about, or why the stewards didn't move that on earlier. 

I suppose it's easy for say because I'm generally not the one sprinting on the pitch or getting huckled out by the Polis but I've quite enjoyed the atmosphere at games against St Mirren since they came back up. It's probably the closest thing we have to a derby without Accies or Airdrie.

Seems Saints fans are going to be consumed by the actions of the visiting young team and their own in every match thread.

Wring your panties out because you’re gonna be on here every week with the same rant if you don’t

I suspect a good number of your fans in black will have been advised after the game Erhahon played well and Bacchus looks like a player. Same as ours.

Football is just the vehicle for pride, bravado and the gallusness that comes form being in a group for this element in most clubs now. The game is secondary.

57 minutes ago, Swello said:

Annoyingly - Gallagher was very good indeed yesterday - unrecognisable from the shambling wreck that played for Aberdeen.

Almost as if having a competent partner and not someone like David Bates is a good thing for players. 

41 minutes ago, SuperSaints1877 said:

Was he actually arrested as a result? Unless culprits are fined and banned then this will only continue to be an issue.

I think he was.  Some fat kid in a shitey looking shell suit got marched out straight after the flare went off. 

The boys in W7 gave him a lovely send off... 

1 hour ago, Swello said:

Annoyingly - Gallagher was very good indeed yesterday - unrecognisable from the shambling wreck that played for Aberdeen.

Looked pretty classy. Wasn't sure what we were going to get, I know he was brilliant for Motherwell at times, nearer the end though he was a bit of a liability. Maybe suits him not being the captain. 

Dunne on the other hand lost all composure when you went down to 10 men.