UEFA Conference League 22/23

GNU_Linux

22 hours ago, Bonksy+HisChristianParade said:

Dutch fans quite often seem to behave like complete tits. Pleasing to see about 50 of the wee fannies battered by one big fatty.

Absolutely embarrassing, also shocked me as AZ aren't exactly known as a violent club, quite the opposite really. But with the shambolic way the Dutch (football) authorities approach this problem, this will keep going on. They often punish whole clubs & fanbases, but the ones actually causing the problems aren't really facing the consequences for their actions. Banning orders are a laughing stock & easy to evade. That PSV "fan" who attacked the Seville goalkeeper in their Europa League match was already banned several times but he managed to get to games easily anyway. 🤦‍♂️

My club (Excelsior) thankfully aren't known for causing trouble at all. But I don't really miss going to away games with Excelsior now I'm living here...

Bit of a strange one, as the fella Knollsy isn't actually the guy in the videos doing the rounds. Has a one hell of a black eye for his troubles though, and was applauded into the stand yesterday. 

AZ had their fans banned from travelling to Nijmegen yesterday, whilst UEFA looks into the whole situation. 

On 21/05/2023 at 12:51, Marten said:

Absolutely embarrassing, also shocked me as AZ aren't exactly known as a violent club, quite the opposite really. But with the shambolic way the Dutch (football) authorities approach this problem, this will keep going on. They often punish whole clubs & fanbases, but the ones actually causing the problems aren't really facing the consequences for their actions. Banning orders are a laughing stock & easy to evade. That PSV "fan" who attacked the Seville goalkeeper in their Europa League match was already banned several times but he managed to get to games easily anyway. 🤦‍♂️

My club (Excelsior) thankfully aren't known for causing trouble at all. But I don't really miss going to away games with Excelsior now I'm living here...

Correct me if I’m wrong, but was there not a period where away travel was banned for all Dutch clubs, domesticity anyway.   Does this mean that that stadium design and/or match day planning is unprepared in dealing with segregation?

Not that it should be necessary but i couldn’t see a group like that having much success in uk stadiums, which is partly why any hooliganism that now does occur here is nearly always away from grounds and often hours before/after the game

2 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

Correct me if I’m wrong, but was there not a period where away travel was banned for all Dutch clubs, domesticity anyway.   Does this mean that that stadium design and/or match day planning is unprepared in dealing with segregation?

Not that it should be necessary but i couldn’t see a group like that having much success in uk stadiums, which is partly why any hooliganism that now does occur here is nearly always away from grounds and often hours before/after the game

No, there never has been a blanket ban. There have been, and still are, bans on away fans for certain fixtures (like Ajax v Feyenoord). However, the rules regarding visiting away games have become more and more restrictive. It does nothing to address the actual problem though, really just makes it worse as away fans find their ways into home ends. And the ones looking for trouble are often good in evading restrictive rules...

Obviously I want my club to do well and I'm happy Excelsior just secured safety in the Eredivisie. But for fans who like to go to away games, the second tier  is much more enjoyable (except for the odd game, including those against B-teams). 

41 minutes ago, Marten said:

No, there never has been a blanket ban. There have been, and still are, bans on away fans for certain fixtures (like Ajax v Feyenoord). However, the rules regarding visiting away games have become more and more restrictive. It does nothing to address the actual problem though, really just makes it worse as away fans find their ways into home ends. And the ones looking for trouble are often good in evading restrictive rules...

Obviously I want my club to do well and I'm happy Excelsior just secured safety in the Eredivisie. But for fans who like to go to away games, the second tier  is much more enjoyable (except for the odd game, including those against B-teams). 

Thank you,  Sounds is it more just looking for the easy options,  there's trouble, so we'll restrict sales rather than looking at the bigger picture and provide the targeted resources required.

9 hours ago, parsforlife said:

Thank you,  Sounds is it more just looking for the easy options,  there's trouble, so we'll restrict sales rather than looking at the bigger picture and provide the targeted resources required.

Pretty much. I don't think Dutch fans are necessarily worse than German or English fans for example, but the Dutch (football) authorities handle it so much worse than their German/English counterparts that they make it worse.

11 minutes ago, Marten said:

Pretty much. I don't think Dutch fans are necessarily worse than German or English fans for example, but the Dutch (football) authorities handle it so much worse than their German/English counterparts that they make it worse.

The Conference and Europa finals are going to be free to watch. I know BT have always done this for the Champions League final, but I don't remember them doing it for the diddy finals before.

https://www.bt.com/sport/football/champions-league/bt-sport-to-show-free-to-air-uefa-champions-league-europa-league-final

On 21/05/2023 at 12:51, Marten said:

The Blues fan that That attacked Grealish was banned, but still went to every Blues (and Rangers) matches apparently. 

Free to watch on BT Sport YouTube and btsport.com if not a subscriber.

Could be a cracker. I'd favour West Ham overall but La Viola have some good players and are well capable of a goal or two.