Edinburgh Festival/Fringe

kiddy

4 hours ago, HeWhoWalksBehindTheRows said:

Trainspotting or Skagboys? Can't mind begbie battering his wife in Trainspotting, not read it for a few years right enough 

The 'Inter Shitty' chapter of Trainspotting is first-person narrated by Begbie and contains a very graphic description of him assaulting June, his pregnant girlfriend.

Edited by Florentine_Pogen

6 hours ago, HeWhoWalksBehindTheRows said:

Trainspotting or Skagboys? Can't mind begbie battering his wife in Trainspotting, not read it for a few years right enough 

I bonestly cant remember which book its in despite having read Skagboys twice and Trainspotting a few times. 

On 22/08/2022 at 14:03, Florentine_Pogen said:

The 'Inter Shitty' chapter of Trainspotting is first-person narrated by Begbie and contains a very graphic description of him assaulting June, his pregnant girlfriend.

Nice one. There's a harrowing account of him assaulting his then girlfriend who has just had a miss carriage in Skagboys, its fucking brutal.

Frankie Boyle last night - very good as always.

Jordan Gray tonight - imo the breakthrough act of this years fringe.

My wife got the tickets, but I was popping my cherry on a trans comedy gig and I have to say it was genuinely excellent.

Overall a fantastic gig, and she wont be playing to audiences of 100 much longer.

On 26/08/2022 at 01:22, Leith Green said:

Frankie Boyle last night - very good as always.

Jordan Gray tonight - imo the breakthrough act of this years fringe.

My wife got the tickets, but I was popping my cherry on a trans comedy gig and I have to say it was genuinely excellent.

Overall a fantastic gig, and she wont be playing to audiences of 100 much longer.

Final reviews from last night - 

Baby Wants Candy were pretty decent, but probably wont see them next year as we have seen them before and it felt like we had "done it". 

My wife is really into dance and had booked us in to see Beats on Pointe - a mix of Street, Breakdance, Commercial, Ballet and old style dance. My son and I were "sceptical" but as we all know, the Fringe throws curveballs every time - this was amazing, these guys gave a solid hour of non stop entertainment, standing ovation at the end - if you get the chance, catch it - brilliant !

Bin Watch - no rats spotted, but hope you have a cold, in some areas its really stinking 🤮

9 hours ago, 'WellDel said:

Going to take a wee trip through to Edinburgh with the Mrs tomorrow. Bit last minute and nothing booked. Any recommendations for a comedy gig that we could just rock up to and pay on the door?.

Theres a fair few recommendations on here, however its the last night for many acts so you might be better to book online.

I suppose if you wanted to just take a flyer, head to The Pleasance and check the box office, there is always something available and even if its crap theres a bar !

On 09/08/2022 at 14:03, HeWhoWalksBehindTheRows said:

Tell me you sniff cocaine without saying you sniff cocaine. 

Screenshot_20220809-140251_Samsung Internet.jpg

Who is this creepy looking ginger freak?

On 15/08/2022 at 13:04, Arch Stanton said:

f**k off, that Adrian Gurvitz dirge is one of my all time most hated songs.

Anyway, here's the Fringe ad for this, check the blurb from Stewart Lee.

Screenshot_20220815-130257_Adblock Browser.jpg

Awful, toe curling idea for a show. Beyond pish patter. The sort of show that oddballs and outcast student types will find hilarious.

On 20/08/2022 at 14:05, Stu said:

John Robins was good although my wife, who is a GP, said if it was one of her patients she'd have been pretty worried about his mental health. Not sure how much of it was his act and how much was real!

My wife and I thought the exact same thing. A real bipolar schizophrenic vibe from the guy but genuinely unsure how much was an act and how much was the real him.

The Guardian misses the mark quite often for me, and provides absolute cannon fodder for "woke lefties" culture war wankers.

If fringe performers were 99% white, then that is a problem.

The audience is quite literally people choosing to go or not go with complete and total freedom to do so.

19 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

The Guardian misses the mark quite often for me, and provides absolute cannon fodder for "woke lefties" culture war wankers.

If fringe performers were 99% white, then that is a problem.

The audience is quite literally people choosing to go or not go with complete and total freedom to do so.

Exactly.

Scotland is 90 odd percent white then when you add in the tourists who will be largely white what does she expect?

• 10 months later...

Jerry Sadowitz and John Kearns for me so far. Will also have a day in with my son and go see some kids comedians and the circus tent in the meadows, Haven't made it to the circus tent with him so far but we saw a show in the EICC last year and he loved it so fingers crossed