Hibernian v Rangers

50 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

There is a rumour that Barisic got sent off in the tunnel.

He was spitting - I witnessed it myself - at Hibs fans on his way off at FT.

Even if the sending off rumour isnt true, hopefully tv cameras captured it.

Utter scumbag, sadly only one of many there today........................

Poor stuff from Barasic. Clearly struggling with his demotion to the 2nd best Croatian left back in the SPFL.

Exactly, maybe keep your comments for events on the football park instead of talking about people abusing their wives.
Wind your neck in ya fanny. It was clearly a joke, no worse than the usual "Pray for the women of Govan" posts you see any time Rangers lose an old firm.

17 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

It's a match thread.  You have plenty of other opportunities to vent your spleen about Rangers/Rangers fans.

We can't revisit the same tired old arguments every week.

You are right, and I am utterly sick of it.

But, to summarise - all clubs have bams, mine included.

However, the sectarian singing - by what appeared to me the entire away crowd - started immediately after the tribute to Andy Goram ended and continued for most of the game.

Clubs who revel in this and encourage their fans to persist with that shite should be docked points and/or thrown out of competitions.

At that point, I will happily stop revisiting these tired arguments because the reason to revisit them will have disappeared.

Unless we lose this is always the tack.  It is tired, old and tawdry.
Today we saw a Ranger team who spent multi-millions being pegged back by a Hibs team existing on crumbs.  That's the big story.
Not in the mind of the predictable - and empty-headed diddies.  It's all about songs.

Your fans songbook is tired old and tawdry.

Why can’t the story be both rather than one or the other? Shall we just ignore the fans behaviour ?

Collum makes the mistake a lot of poor refs do; that being quick to make a decision is to be authoritative and shows him as strong and capable. He’d flashed the red at Lundstram before taking a step, and the same with Morelos.

Alfies was definitely a sending off, and he sold the team with it. He’s not an impetuous and necessary part of our play any more, and one of the biggest strengths of Gio has been to build the team away from its reliance on him. If Colak started every game to the winter break I wouldn’t be surprised. He had a mountain to climb with his fitness and learning to play with an injury anyway.

Lundstram’s was a mistake. Clearly a booking, and no worse than half a dozen other fouls he’d done the same with. Porteous on Lawrence was a similar example of a player being beaten and taking the man to stop a breakaway. A breath, a chat to his assistant, and he’d have made himself look less shit. As it is, I imagine they’ll appeal one and not the other.  

Whatever has happened to Goldson and the left side of the pitch needs sorting. It’s not enough to realise that Borna will play one brilliant cross on the overlap, it’s enough that he’ll play 99 more passes to the feet of Goldson or whoever is anchoring the base of midfield. teams can just park someone on the halfway line and it seems to block him from doing anything, kills all momentum. However unsure or unfit Yilmaz is, he’d offer something.

Kent seems to have become less sure of himself and cowardly in his play, the hospital pass that led to the Lundstram sending off was a prime example. I wonder if playing him off the right would do him some good, he’d be carrying that side less. 

Unsure what bringing Matondo off was for, unless the knock he took from the Hibs player was worse than the commentators had clearly missed.

Seeing as the Rangers songbook is being debated here, as a Catholic I should be offended by the FTP/Anti Catholic rhetoric from the hordes but, in all honesty I couldn't give a shit, I grew up a 'Wine Grape' in a 'staunch' wee Stirlingshire village called Fallin, it's water off a duck's back to me, if I had a fiver for every time ive been called a '****** b*****d' I'd be a millionaire..... and that's just off my father in law 😂

I concede that, although I'm not personally that bothered about it, that doesn't necessarily make it okay, let's be honest though, the Rangers fans will be singing that stuff for generations to come, when we are long gone.  No amount of statements or box ticking initiatives from the club will change that.

What I do find vile and repulsive though is the creepy sinister fascination they have with the sexual abuse of children, or more to the point instances of it connected to Celtic, the fact that grown adults rejoice in this, somehow insinuate it is a Catholic/Celtic issue whilst completely ignoring other instances, including allegations surrounding their own club around that period is utterly reprehensible, imagine being a victim or close to someone who suffered such abuse and hearing football fans constantly singing about it at games and randomly bringing it up on social media and in general for point scoring purposes when losing a football match or even a debate about football in general, the fact that it is taboo to even mention it in the mainstream Scottish press and media, never mind the football club itself speaks volumes, as far as I'm  concerned this is the elephant in the room of Scottish football, not some daft songs about battles 300 odd years ago. 

Edited by Flybhoy

It's a match thread.  It's about Rocky being thrown to the ground by Tavernier for 'no penalty' then Rocky pulling Colak jumper for a penalty.  That should be the discussion.

I know that the diddies love to blether about the songbook and others love to post about our attitude to child abuse but we really don't have to have these issues reprised every fucking time.

Just for the record I appreciate that the Rangers fans on this forum don't come out with the child abuse point scoring shit but it's a huge and noticeable problem with a large swathe of the support in general and one that makes decent people's skin crawl.