Things You Learned Today

Miss Honey wasn't played by Sarah Paulson, but was in fact played by an actress called Embeth Davidtz. I was watching Bicentennial Man and was quite enjoying watching the lovely Sarah being her charming, Miss Honey-esque self when I decided to check the cast for the name of another actor. Genuinely thought that Sarah Paulson had changed her name in a Zowie Bowie to Duncan Jones sort of way. 

Embeth Davidtz

embeth_davidtz.thumb.jpg.787a352647ef8b25a80924da9b76264d.jpg

Sarah Paulson

images(6).jpg.4f5bd462ad9f08184289c35c84bd872b.jpg

Ok maybe they don't look quite so alike here, but I had just assumed they were the same person. 

Edited by velo army

When the new people were changing the name of Green's Playhouse in Glasgow to The Apollo, the new name was chosen based on the quoted cost of £250 per letter for the external signage.

Apollo was the most viable name which was also affordable.

1 hour ago, Dan Steele said:

The Count Zeppelin Pipe Band from Germany wear the Blue Fitzgerald tartan, woven in Forfar.

I hope Count Zeppelin didn't make the bagpipes or they'll need a f*ck of a load of puff to get going

12 hours ago, Central Belt Caley said:

I look far more like my dad than anyone ever realised 

I thought I looked more like my mums side of the family but my sister sent me a photo of my dad when he was my age and we’re almost identical 

I look very much like my grandfather. When he was my age - but he was thinner than me. 

Walked passed the Baptist Church yesterday and out of the corner of my eye I read the sign that sits out front as 'He is a kitten'. When I looked directly at the sign it read as it has always has done 'He has risen'.

It was on my mind for the rest of the day. Did I suddenly see things as they really are?

I mean cats watch us and the pass judgement on our behaviour all the time, God's own living security cameras?

Or should I just get a decent pair of glasses?

32 minutes ago, CityDave94 said:

Walked passed the Baptist Church yesterday and out of the corner of my eye I read the sign that sits out front as 'He is a kitten'. When I looked directly at the sign it read as it has always has done 'He has risen'.

It was on my mind for the rest of the day. Did I suddenly see things as they really are?

I mean cats watch us and the pass judgement on our behaviour all the time, God's own living security cameras?

Church attendance has been rapidly declining for years. Maybe the good lord was playing mind games to see if you'd end up feline like popping in?

1 hour ago, CityDave94 said:

IMG_2568.gif.222580c96a71abfbc9f4364a49a39f76.gif

7 hours ago, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

Six degrees of Kevin Bacon.

I've seen the EE adverts but never knew the back story until I listened to the programme on Radio 4Extra.

Kevin Bacon's Game of Fame - Kevin Bacon's Game of Fame - BBC Sounds

Recommend looking up the Erdős–Bacon number as well.

That combines a person's degree of separation from Kevin Bacon with their degree of separation from mathematician Paul Erdős.