Scotland v Ukraine (21st Sep)

14 minutes ago, the snudge said:

Just cannot get motivated for this game at all tonight. I cannot be fucked with it. Its all a bit meh

I'm the same, I'm usually buzzing to go and watch Scotland, but I honestly think if I didn't work 2 minutes from Hampden I'd have punted my tickets.

The game in Ukraine in June was one of the worst performances we've seen under Clarke, from pretty much every player. We didn't have Tierney at left centre half and their front three pressed our central defenders really high which, when it's Cooper filling in that role, ends with the ball going long. McSauce was also hung out to dry a bit on the right hand side as Hickey was constantly out of position (which wasn't caught on the cameras quite as much).

Regardless I expect to see a better performance tonight particularly with Patterson in at RWB and Tierney back into the line up. If he does stick with the 5 I'd assume McSauce will be in at right centre half so that, if it is going the same way as June, we can change the shape. I know in attack/in possession we often see the shape change but I think defensively we might end up having to play 3 in the middle helping to protect a back 4 and to help the centre halves play out from their high press. 

13 minutes ago, lubo_blaha said:

Scotland v Ukraine: Tartan Army in 'no negative banners' vow over Queen tribute https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/62979743

The self appointed spokesperson for Scottish football fans has spoken. What a clown.

What an utter fucking walloper - it gets far worse than just thinking he speaks for everyone with the “no negative banners”comment.

What an utter fucking walloper - it gets far worse than just thinking he speaks for everyone with the “no negative banners”comment.

“it's been a minority of fans from mostly one club” is interesting. Genuinely want to know which club he’s referring to as I know of at least five sets of fans who disrupted the silences/applauses over the weekend.

1 hour ago, lubo_blaha said:

Scotland v Ukraine: Tartan Army in 'no negative banners' vow over Queen tribute https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/62979743

The self appointed spokesperson for Scottish football fans has spoken. What a clown.

Never heard of this guy before - has he hit his head?

but I would applaud our team for a minute before any match."

you can turn it around and say we are also applauding the athletes from Ukraine for coming to Scotland

Does he think it's a minutes applause to celebrate football? What a fucking walloper.

On 20/09/2022 at 11:37, an86 said:

The SFA are requesting to UEFA that we can have a pre-match tribute to the Queen. Requesting a UEFA fine, essentially. Ten days of enforced grief was enough. Gie’s peace. 

I honestly thought you were at the wind-up here. Apparently not. It’s one thing for an individual to suck up to the aristocracy, but for the SFA to indulge in this phoney mourn-fest outs them as a cabal of sycophantic creeps. Maybe a few future MBEs/OBEs are in the offing? Pathetic. A right royal booing is the only answer. Show these plummy voiced parasites what we think of them. I’ll still be cheering us on but this queen shite has undoubtedly diminished my enthusiasm for the match. Dear oh dear.

1 hour ago, Cardle is Magic said:

She's deed and couldn't give a f**k about what happens at the game.

Let the woman rest in peace and stop with the fake grief.

Couldn't give a f**k about the game when she was alive either.

The queen knew nothing about football, and certainly couldn't care less about Scottish football. None of the royal family do. Tax evasion and horse racing and their hobbies.

Absolute minter to have any sort of 'remembrance' but sadly it will probably still happen. No irony at all that our opponents are currently at war repelling an invasion from their larger neighbour.

I take it that the SFA don't want to damage their reputation in the eyes of The Rangers, which you can understand, considering the deep respect that demographic has for football's authorities.

1 hour ago, lubo_blaha said:

That's honestly breathtaking. Like he was literally born yesterday and has neither been to a Scotland game or met Scotland fans. I'm hoping that it's parody and that his mates on the supporters' bus will be rolling in the aisles at that.

According to a poll taken in Scotland in May this year only 45% of Scots support the monarchy. Over the last 2 weeks those that don't have been very respectful considering the amount of 'respect' we have to show that institutions and media have foisted upon us on a daily basis. The SFA now demanding yet another show when monarchists and anti-monarchists have been doing it for 2 weeks is foolhardy in the extreme. If people boo I think it would be more about the principle of being pushed into a corner rather than an insult. But rest assured the media won't paint it that way.

The funniest thing about protesting the rememberance is that absolute melts think you are spitting in the face of the family of the deceased.

Absolute laughable pish.

Pele, Dalglish and Alex Ferguson combined will have less remembrance in football than the Queen, it's embarrassing.