Monarchy debate/discussion

Richey Edwards

1 minute ago, Sonam said:

Can't stand the monarchy, for so many reasons I don't have the time to list. However, despite his greed I wouldn't wish cancer on my worst enemy.

Just the thought of William being King this soon and going through another funeral & coronation doesn't bare thinking about! 

I don't know. Being retired, public holidays mean nothing to me (smug-faced) but the thought of Tim-Nice-But-Dim as King is comforting - the monarchy would be gone in a couple of years.

I don't really care for royalty and I completely understand people that couldn't care less about their health but I do think cheering on anyone diagnosed with cancer is pretty deplorable patter. 

1 hour ago, gannonball said:

Sadly I'm not entitled to those extra days off. My sister who's a doctor in an NHS hospital also said the extra holidays were a nightmare to schedule in at relatively short notice when targets weren't already being met and hospitals already stressed with lack of staff.

Tough shit you don’t get the extra days off.  The rest of us won’t give you a second thought while we’re enjoying ours.

4 minutes ago, Left Back said:

Tough shit you don’t get the extra days off.  The rest of us won’t give you a second thought while we’re enjoying ours.

I don't even work half the year so Im sure I will live but getting a day off  to supposedly celebrate a  person getting a hereditary title is taking the piss more than I do.

34 minutes ago, RuMoore said:

I don't really care for royalty and I completely understand people that couldn't care less about their health but I do think cheering on anyone diagnosed with cancer is pretty deplorable patter. 

F*ck off with your concern trolling, Stormzy, It was only last night that you were celebrating a dog dying of cancer.

As I've said before, you really are a piece of shit.

Crazy to see all media outlets spinning this as the Royals going public to raise awareness. There is zero awareness to be had when no one actually knows what type of cancer it is they need to be aware of. Cancer is multi formed each with their own specific red flags. To say be aware of "cancer" is massively unhelpful to an NHS alredy unable to cope !

1 hour ago, Musketeer Gripweed said:

What a waste of money printing all that cash with his face on it.

At least I won't need to learn new words to a song this time.

Thoughts and prayers obviously etc

"God save our pegging king......."

I’d give up any bank holiday to get rid of the monarchy. Form of bribery to get you to care, like them changing licensing hours for jubilees/coronations in England. f**k that. 

I will likely be disgusted by the coverage this gets, but not because I wish any actual ill upon him. The anger will be directed solely at the media and the idiot public outpouring of faux grief. 

God I hate this farce with such a passion. 

1 minute ago, Dons_1988 said:

I’d give up any bank holiday to get rid of the monarchy. Form of bribery to get you to care, like them changing licensing hours for jubilees/coronations in England. f**k that. 

I will likely be disgusted by the coverage this gets, but not because I wish any actual ill upon him. The anger will be directed solely at the media and the idiot public outpouring of faux grief. 

Morning.

1 hour ago, Dons_1988 said:

While I agree fully with your sentiment, I’d gladly accept two monarchies if it meant more back holidays and double time.  

13 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

While I agree fully with your sentiment, I’d gladly accept two monarchies if it meant more back holidays and double time.  

Two monarchies sounds like healthy competition, they might feel the need to actually do something. 

17 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

4 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Two monarchies sounds like healthy competition, they might feel the need to actually do something. 

Two groups with massive entitlement, sycophantic media coverage, and arsehole fans could be a good idea?

Are you sure you two are Scottish football fans?

11 hours ago, Billy Jean King said:

Crazy to see all media outlets spinning this as the Royals going public to raise awareness. There is zero awareness to be had when no one actually knows what type of cancer it is they need to be aware of. Cancer is multi formed each with their own specific red flags. To say be aware of "cancer" is massively unhelpful to an NHS alredy unable to cope !

Absolutely spot on. The awareness he could raise by actually saying what it is would be massive. As it would if they would confirm his maw's cause of death if it was, as is rumoured in Brandreth's book, Myeloma. 

11 hours ago, Musketeer Gripweed said:

What a waste of money printing all that cash with his face on it.

At least I won't need to learn new words to a song this time.

Thoughts and prayers obviously etc

I guess if he is a very short-lived monarch one positive from it could be that if you have some cash with his face on it, it might end up quite rare and be worth some money some day.

16 hours ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

So if they found it during a prostate surgery so its likely Bowel or Bladder cancer. Dont wish the guy any harm, but if he dies wouldnt this be a time to ask if we actually want a monarchy?

Bladder cancer certainly a possibility. I also wonder about a haematological malignancy like a lymphoma/leukaemia that was picked up on his pre-op blood tests. Would fit with him "starting treatment" so soon.

34 minutes ago, Alan Twelve said:

I guess if he is a very short-lived monarch one positive from it could be that if you have some cash with his face on it, it might end up quite rare and be worth some money some day.

It's worth money now.