Monarchy debate/discussion

Richey Edwards

On 11/03/2024 at 12:13, Soapy FFC said:

I saw that picture yesterday and had absolutely no idea who the people were or what it was about. 

Do you live in a cave? I can understand and share disinterest, but saying you don't know who they are is bit of a stretch. You'd probably get diagnosed with dementia if that was true.

41 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Do you live in a cave? I can understand and share disinterest, but saying you don't know who they are is bit of a stretch. You'd probably get diagnosed with dementia if that was true.

I know who she is, I was just commenting on the picture that was posted. That picture was the first I'd seen about this whole thing and I didn't know or recognise who the woman was. As for the kids, I wouldn't be able to tell you who they were if my life depended on it. I have the same interest in her kids as I have for the kids of anyone else I've never known or spoken to. 

46 minutes ago, Soapy FFC said:

I know who she is, I was just commenting on the picture that was posted. That picture was the first I'd seen about this whole thing and I didn't know or recognise who the woman was. As for the kids, I wouldn't be able to tell you who they were if my life depended on it. I have the same interest in her kids as I have for the kids of anyone else I've never known or spoken to. 

You must live in a cave then. The story has been at the front of every news site since it came out. The kids are also the double of William, no-one could fail to notice.

On 11/03/2024 at 12:44, Richey Edwards said:

Not convinced any of the "royals" actually exist tbh. Has anyone actually met them or knows anyone who has?

If so, they met a paid actor like the people who are in Disneyland in Mickey Mouse costumes.

I had an encounter with the Queen and Prince Philip when I was about 15. Even as a committed republican it’s not one I’m particularly proud of.

They were visiting the town I grew up in, arriving in the back of an open top car. I happened to be at the right place at the right time to be standing at the side of the road as they entered the town, without anyone else standing particularly close.

As they passed they stood up and gave me a smile and a wave. I just sort of scowled back and gave them a little nod of my head as if to say ‘what is it?’  All a bit petulant and teenage, but they sat back down looking quite disappointed.

7 hours ago, Adamski said:

I had an encounter with the Queen and Prince Philip when I was about 15. Even as a committed republican it’s not one I’m particularly proud of.

They were visiting the town I grew up in, arriving in the back of an open top car. I happened to be at the right place at the right time to be standing at the side of the road as they entered the town, without anyone else standing particularly close.

As they passed they stood up and gave me a smile and a wave. I just sort of scowled back and gave them a little nod of my head as if to say ‘what is it?’  All a bit petulant and teenage, but they sat back down looking quite disappointed.

With all the turmoil presently around the royals it may well be that you will have witnessed the last of the monarchy before it's demise.

When my girlfriend was about 8 years old she was at Buck House with the Brownies. She kept telling one of the leaders she was desperate for a pee, but was told to wait. In the end she just pulled her knickers down & peed in the street. She says next thing was some big guy in a hairy hat pointing a gun at her and screaming in her face. Fair play to the surrounding crowd they all told him she was only a wee girl & to f**k off. No one was allowed to talk to her on the whole bus journey home. Her mum was beeling but her dad said he was never so proud.

On 15/03/2024 at 00:38, Adamski said:

Gavrilo Princip not found.

On 14/03/2024 at 19:57, Sergeant Wilson said:

You must live in a cave then. The story has been at the front of every news site since it came out. The kids are also the double of William, no-one could fail to notice.

In fairness to Soapy FFC, I don't know the names of the kids either.  One is called George and one is called Charlotte (?), the other escapes me.  I think you'll find that if you don't want to participate (or in my case actively avoid where I can) in the whole 'posh family from magic vagina' circus, then it can be done (to a greater or lesser extent).

So I know there is some hoo-ha about an edited picture, but I can't be ersed to divest much time in it.  Is it news*

Yours, down with the house of Saxe-Coburg!

aDONis

*I understand the irony of having bothered to post about an item/issue I'm not interested in, but the main thrust of my point is you don't have to live in a cave to not know much about the pseudo-dramas of the royal family.

19 minutes ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

Not saying there's anything sinister going on, but when Mrs Salt and Vinegar saw the photograph of the happy couple out and about, she said "who's that with William?"

Just went to find the picture after seeing your comment. Looks absolutely f**k all like Kate Middleton to me as well. Strange one 🤔 Doesn't even look like William either, is that not just a random couple? There's no one seriously claiming that's mean to be them, surely?

Kate was seen smiling as she carried a white shopping bag during a trip to the Wales's local farm shop in Windsor with William

Edited by Jives Miguel

6 minutes ago, Jives Miguel said:

Just went to find the picture after seeing your comment. Looks absolutely f**k all like Kate Middleton to me as well. Strange one 🤔 Doesn't even look like William either, is that not just a random couple? There's no one seriously claiming that's mean to be them, surely?

Kate was seen smiling as she carried a white shopping bag during a trip to the Wales's local farm shop in Windsor with William

The Sun are. So it would be fantastic if they've been duped by a couple of lookalikes. Don't see any bodyguards in the video either with members of the public walking alongside them. It's definitely not her.

26 minutes ago, D Angelo Barksdale said:

Clones take a while to reach their full form. 

It'll look more like her in a couple of weeks.

Probably very vulnerable at the minute. Like a soft shell crab. 

1 minute ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

There's a percentage of the population who think the royals are lizards... let's not bring crustaceans into it!

They have to shed the ultra hard protective layer that covers their neck to allow them to grow

12 hours ago, Jives Miguel said:

I don't think it looks like her either.