Monarchy debate/discussion

Richey Edwards

She will get the best of treatment that our money can buy and be prioritised.  I feel sorry for those "plebs" who are diagnosed after a lengthy wait and get treatment often miles from home. They still have to carry on with their lives and manage their families as best as they can despite the addition pressures now imposed upon them.

Ten pages of boo hoo in the paper today would make you boak.

3 hours ago, Hard Graft said:

She will get the best of treatment that our money can buy and be prioritised.  I feel sorry for those "plebs" who are diagnosed after a lengthy wait and get treatment often miles from home. They still have to carry on with their lives and manage their families as best as they can despite the addition pressures now imposed upon them.

Ten pages of boo hoo in the paper today would make you boak.

Bet she won't have to wait in the bloods queue at the Beatson

23 minutes ago, sfha said:

People with money getting treatment quicker than the rest of us makes my blood boil...

We have a poster who regularly signs back up to seethe about bloody paupers getting the same treatment as people who pay absolutely loads of tax, donchakno. Jury's still out on their big legal action against P&B through the Free Speech Union, which I bet they've been denied Legal Aid to pursue. Terrible shame.

Normal Island has always been a land of lunatics - saw an (unrelated) documentary a while back that played a clip of the VE Day celebrations, and it was full of "this has all been so stressful for the royals" quotes in the voiceover. Here's a sample:

"Well, the crowd, I can watch them up The Mall, they're pouring into this great space in front of the forecourt. And there's a trumpet playing now, somewhere down below me. And as the crowd swirls, eddies and waits we must take our last look at this wonderful scene; this great tribute to the King and Queen who have so nobly born the hardships and trials of their people in this civilian war. And so we take our last look at this occasion on this most historic night."

Millions dead, their families living in ruins while they mourned, and people were concerned about the wellbeing of an incredibly privileged family who sympathised with the enemy. Pretty certain it'll be the same when it all kicks off again too.

31 minutes ago, BFTD said:

We have a poster who regularly signs back up to seethe about bloody paupers getting the same treatment as people who pay absolutely loads of tax, donchakno. Jury's still out on their big legal action against P&B through the Free Speech Union, which I bet they've been denied Legal Aid to pursue. Terrible shame.

My post was concerning all the wealthy who bypass us plebs, royalty or not.

• 4 weeks later...
23 hours ago, Hiram Holliday said:

We should all know our place in life’s pecking order. God bless Her Royal Highness,Katherine Princess of Wales..God bless His Majesty King Charles 111. Long to reign over us!🇬🇧

You do know that the actor who played Hiram Holliday was Wally Cox ?  Seems you've chosen well.

5 hours ago, pawpar said:

Royals give awards to royals ?????????????????

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-68882308

Do the titles actually mean anything?

They must have gotten jealous watching GoT & hearing: "Daenerys of the House Targaryen, the First of Her Name, The Unburnt, Queen of the Andals, the Rhoynar and the First Men, Queen of Meereen, Khaleesi of the Great Grass Sea, Protector of the Realm, Lady Regent of the Seven Kingdoms, Breaker of Chains and Mother of Dragons"

Uganda was run by His Excellency, President for Life, Field Marshal Al Hadji Doctor Idi Amin Dada, VC, DSO, MC, CBE, Lord of All the Beasts of the Earth and Fishes of the Seas and Conqueror of the British Empire in Africa in General and Uganda in Particular and the Last King of Scotland.

Meanwhile in Britain: "I say Wills, fancy being the Great Master of the Order of the Bath?

10 hours ago, Venti said:

Do the titles actually mean anything?

They must have gotten jealous watching GoT & hearing: "Daenerys of the House Targaryen, the First of Her Name, The Unburnt, Queen of the Andals, the Rhoynar and the First Men, Queen of Meereen, Khaleesi of the Great Grass Sea, Protector of the Realm, Lady Regent of the Seven Kingdoms, Breaker of Chains and Mother of Dragons"

I don't know about dragons, but according to some conspiracy theorists, some female members of the Royal family are mothers of lizards.

19 hours ago, pawpar said:

Royals give awards to royals ?????????????????

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-68882308

14 hours ago, BFTD said:

Uganda was run by His Excellency, President for Life, Field Marshal Al Hadji Doctor Idi Amin Dada, VC, DSO, MC, CBE, Lord of All the Beasts of the Earth and Fishes of the Seas and Conqueror of the British Empire in Africa in General and Uganda in Particular and the Last King of Scotland.

Meanwhile in Britain: "I say Wills, fancy being the Great Master of the Order of the Bath?

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2024/apr/24/royals-william-kate-camilla-honours-monarchy-archaic

"Then there are the military honours and decorations. Charles himself has accumulated dozens of medals, enough almost to sink one of the battleships under his command as a five star admiral. Oh, and he is also a five star general in the army and a five star air chief marshal in the RAF.

What stupendous military service or acts of bravery have led to this avalanche of medals? Well, he did captain a coastal minesweeper several decades ago for a short period. And he has only crashed a plane once.

The royals in fact have amassed between them over 100 military medals and decorations, and for what? Prince Edward, the Royal Honorary Colonel of the Royal Wessex Yeomanry, has never seen active service and even dropped out of his Royal Marines course because he couldn’t hack it."

Apparently Nonce Andrew, the Puke of Pork will be bestowed with a special award:-

SAVILE.jpg.3ff312af61b2f4855d48bb6aeeba52bf.jpg