Monarchy debate/discussion

Richey Edwards

2 hours ago, Left Back said:

The government spent about £1.2tn in the last financial year according to the IFS.  £120m on the sovereign grant is about 0.01% of that.  Its the equivalent of earning £50k a year and getting your knickers in a twist for wasting a fiver.  Like I said, trivial.

It's anything but trivial. They are the apex predators in our society. Without the royals the whole structure of heredity transfer of land and power starts to fray. 

1 hour ago, Left Back said:

If Princess Anne is too busy filling in for chuckles at the weekend who gets dibs on her nice heated seat at Murrayfield?..

I'd rather go to Methil on a wet wednesday night than spend 80 mins in Princess Anne's Royal box.

Cancer is terrible and I wouldn't wish it on anyone.

However, what the media are missing is that no part of King Charles has been on the NHS - all of it has been private. All of it will be private. That's a massive slap in the face for someone who is supposedly our head of state.

In his recent coronation the new Danish king pledged to serve the people, in Charles' he asked the people to serve him.

All monarchies are parasites, ours is one of the worst (only Spain can compete with us on that in Europe).

He is in no sense qualified for the job he has now, or any job really.

The amount of countries this group of chancers 'reigns' over has plumetted massively in the last few decades. Their support is consistently lower than it ever has been, especially among younger people.

Even the previously sycophantic BBC now includes paragraphs about their popularity and opaque (read: massive scam) 'funding'.

The tide is turning, I have little doubt they will be done for in the next few decades.

Like the deposed Brazilian monarchs I'm sure their descendants will remain ridiculously wealthy for centuries to come, but at least their political influence and cost will be far less. I have no doubt they will try to continue avoid paying any tax or course.

Good riddance to them, they're a bunch of c***s. What a party it will be when they are sent packing.

14 hours ago, Left Back said:

Republic estimates the total cost as about £350m.  If you take that as gospel (and I’m not going to attack or defend their claims) it’s the equivalent of wasting £15 from £50k

When you are in a hole stop digging. 

Give up posting on here for a bit and go and read more on the embedded privileges and political influence of the monarchy.  A deep dive into the Duchy of Cornwall would be a good place to start.

The monarchy are experts at PR (well, not really, but the expensive firms they hire are) and by saying their funding is from the 'crown estate' and the 'duchy of lancaster' the implication is that it's owned by them as individuals (or their family).

It isn't, these are state assets. It's got f**k all to do with these people other than the fact we are stupid enough to give it to them tax free.

In Malaysia you have to pay the monarch (there is one per state) if you want to get married. It's a bit like that.

Anyway tldr, I'm looking forward to garnishing 5% of the salaries of everyone in fife. It's my money you know. I have even stopped laughing in the poor peoples face when I take it, it's because I'm a moderniser.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Quick squint at the BBC news website this morning...........whats the latest on Gaza?, hopefully the Ukrainians are still able to maintain their resistance to the advancing Russian army....has a General Election been called......has US politics become any madder?

However, all is good with the world...........the main news article in Scotland brings us the news that we have all been waiting for and quite frankly I cannot believe we have had to wait until his 60th birthday for this honour to be bestowed.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-68520949

35 minutes ago, HTG said:

High end cover up by the reptilian elite of incomer Kate's discovery of their dastardly plan and her subsequent disappearance

Or proof of how much mobile phones manipulate the images they take - hdr, redeye filtering, that Google auto-smile ability etc

I no wiCh I bELeev

Edited by orfc

Nah. Kate's offski in the Middle East negotiating peace, or charming Putin over Ukraine or maybe even sitting across the table with the descendants of Xenu chatting about the future of humanity in Scientology's Galactic Confederacy.