Monarchy debate/discussion

Richey Edwards

46 minutes ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

Is it acceptable to hate a child? Because you can just tell that Prince George is a c**t.

He definitely looks like a spoilt little c**t. 

46 minutes ago, sophia said:

BBC Radio Scotland reporting the ceremony today was watched by hundreds of millions of people around the world

I Dont Believe You Will Ferrell GIF

Maybe not hundreds of millions, but I've got friends in the US and even Germany avidly watching this, and who are utterly horrified that I'm not.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2023/may/06/strong-bladders-required-for-interminable-faffing-of-king-charles-coronation

Near the end, Prince Andrew and Harry. Andy was allowed a cape from the dressing-up box, Harry was in civvies. The message was clear: you can be accused of being a sexual predator. But don’t dare marry a black woman and spill the beans in your autobiography. Huw could barely bring himself to mention either of them.

2 hours ago, sophia said:

BBC Radio Scotland reporting the ceremony today was watched by hundreds of millions of people around the world

I Dont Believe You Will Ferrell GIF

Someone a few years back (around the time of one of the royal weddings) actually dug into the figures routinely trotted out, and found (unsurprisingly) that they were completely invented. The initial culprit back then was a “source” at the Daily Express who predicted (based on nothing) that something like 95% of the TV-owning population of the planet would be watching. Needless to say, the fantasy figure was repeated until it became a fact. I only hope viewers in the more remote provinces of China and states of Mexico enjoyed the big day - because according to the UK tabloids, everyone there must have been watching.

5 minutes ago, Antlion said:

Someone a few years back (around the time of one of the royal weddings) actually dug into the figures routinely trotted out, and found (unsurprisingly) that they were completely invented. The initial culprit back then was a “source” at the Daily Express who predicted (based on nothing) that something like 95% of the TV-owning population of the planet would be watching. Needless to say, the fantasy figure was repeated until it became a fact. I only hope viewers in the more remote provinces of China and states of Mexico enjoyed the big day - because according to the UK tabloids, everyone there must have been watching.

Aye, that's something like I recall.

Add on time zone differences and whereas I've no doubt many will have seen clips, I can't believe sales in bunting have been boosted in Bolivia 

6 minutes ago, sophia said:

Aye, that's something like I recall.

Add on time zone differences and whereas I've no doubt many will have seen clips, I can't believe sales in bunting have been boosted in Bolivia 

Here’s an article rubbishing the figures for the royal wedding:

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/nation/2-billion-royal-wedding-viewers-really

But never mind - they’ll still get reported as fact anyway:

https://m.economictimes.com/magazines/panache/1-9-billion-people-watched-royal-wedding-report/amp_articleshow/64243728.cms

“According to a media report by the Daily Express” ffs. The Express are obviously well known as a comic, so it’s either sheer laziness on the part of other journalists who repeat these figures - or they have other reasons for spreading lies…

1 minute ago, Soapy FFC said:

Perhaps he can recommend a destination - where did he go and squat during the years the UK was an EU member and he couldn’t stand the smell of garlic and paella all them foreigns were infecting Mother England with?

5 minutes ago, Soapy FFC said:

I'm sure he's being perfectly serious.

I'm wondering about anti monarchists in Scotland.

Would we have to leave the UK as well?

Edited by ICTJohnboy

23 minutes ago, ICTJohnboy said:

I'm sure he's being perfectly serious.

I'm wondering about anti monarchists in Scotland.

Would we have to leave the UK as well?

From what I heard on 5Live about the crowd reaction when the national anthem was played at the start of the Liverpool match, there'll be plenty of surplus housing in that city.

Just seen a bit of the ceremony on the news and they are a shower of freak show inbred c***s the lot of them. So glad the rain pissed down on the lot of them and don’t get me started on the fuckers inside the church wearing the daft gowns and crowns.