Monarchy debate/discussion

Richey Edwards

25 minutes ago, GTG_03 said:

I’m on The Mall where people have been queueing for hours overnight to get a good spot - many are bleary-eyed but excited to have made it through.

But others have been left disappointed after not managing to get through, following some confusion around which areas would be open to the public.

Tracy Taylor, who travelled down from the Midlands and has been queueing since 8pm last night in the hope of getting access to a space near the Buckingham Palace end said: “We were told that the gate would be opened, so we’ve been stood there basically all night”.

She said they have since been told that they will not be let through, leaving her and her group of five looking for somewhere else to stand.

“It’s shambolic,” said another in the group, Ian - who described himself as a seasoned royal event-goer, having attended the late Queen’s funeral last year, as well as Diana’s funeral.

Totally normal behaviour.

Screenshot_20230506-090717.png

"Move along Tracy you peasant. You can bend the knee for us way over there."

And Tracy will.

It's all a bit odd this. I think generally a lot of royalists and those who seek to appease the critics of the Royal.family would point to imminent modernisation and calming it all down a a bit to reflect the times we live in.... I think was maybe fair to assume folk expected that once the Queen went. But I think we are seeing the absolute worst of their entitlement now and specifically Jug Lugs Charlie. He's not having anything less than his fill of the pomp because he bloody well waited long enough for his own mother to peg it. 

None of us were alive to know if the Queen showed similar levels of entitlement, but it absolutely rips out of this seething p***k of a man. 

53 minutes ago, GTG_03 said:

I’m on The Mall where people have been queueing for hours overnight to get a good spot - many are bleary-eyed but excited to have made it through.

But others have been left disappointed after not managing to get through, following some confusion around which areas would be open to the public.

Tracy Taylor, who travelled down from the Midlands and has been queueing since 8pm last night in the hope of getting access to a space near the Buckingham Palace end said: “We were told that the gate would be opened, so we’ve been stood there basically all night”.

She said they have since been told that they will not be let through, leaving her and her group of five looking for somewhere else to stand.

“It’s shambolic,” said another in the group, Ian - who described himself as a seasoned royal event-goer, having attended the late Queen’s funeral last year, as well as Diana’s funeral.

Totally normal behaviour.

Screenshot_20230506-090717.png

Not only are they clearly ones for the watching but I'm barely interested in the slightest yet still managed to see a graphic on the BBC website showing which areas were for public viewing and which areas were reserved for invited guests. 

57 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

It's all a bit odd this. I think generally a lot of royalists and those who seek to appease the critics of the Royal.family would point to imminent modernisation and calming it all down a a bit to reflect the times we live in.... I think was maybe fair to assume folk expected that once the Queen went. But I think we are seeing the absolute worst of their entitlement now and specifically Jug Lugs Charlie. He's not having anything less than his fill of the pomp because he bloody well waited long enough for his own mother to peg it. 

None of us were alive to know if the Queen showed similar levels of entitlement, but it absolutely rips out of this seething p***k of a man. 

Rather than going for any kind of modernisation (which is a contradiction when it comes to aristocratic privilege anyway), the approach of both the monarchy and its sycophants has been to double down on it all - they seem unaware that they’re furiously polishing a turd with Charlie.

This emperor clearly has no clothes - but both he and his fans seem keen not just to have him parade through the streets regardless, but to helicopter his genitalia as he goes. And forget laughing - they expect us all to swell with joy at the very sight. 

For those of us not watching the London poshfrockfest, how are we proposing to spend the day? 

So far I've done 2 Duolingo units, and will do some more later, I've scanned the Politics Forum and am just about to make bacon rolls. Mrs Salt and Vinegar will, sadly, be watching the telly, so at least if something interesting happens, such as an asteroid strike, or a pissed-up female geriatric streaking across The Mall, I'll get to hear about it. Later on I'll be giving the garage a much needed clear out. 

Anyone got plans for a coronation-free day? 

16 minutes ago, Blootoon87 said:

That's the police started arresting protestors as expected. Just a completely normal, not at all fascist country.

We are just supposed to pay for it, not protest it apparently.

2 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

The arrests are grotesque. Really troubling. 

Hell mend this ridiculous fucking island. 

Nah. Its ok. I'm sure that His Most Britannic Majesty will pardon them all, in the spirit of national reconciliation. 

Aye, right. 

3 minutes ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

Nah. Its ok. I'm sure that His Most Britannic Majesty will pardon them all, in the spirit of national reconciliation. 

Aye, right. 

Thing is, they won’t be charged with anything. Because they’ve literally done nothing. 

1 hour ago, Leith Green said:

One of these is not far from my house, saw it last night on the way out.

These people are pretty skilled to make Charles and Camilla look vaguely human.

This is the one round from me

image.png.f375c7d260a193b249b32175a8e78f5e.pngimage.png.2961bec7df07a7a5a8c0ca586de6cf22.png

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-65494424

That's genuinely impressive work. Tragic that it's to glorify people who wouldn't piss on them if they were on fire, but still.

When did wee auld women decide to stop knitting jaggy-arsed jumpers for their grandchildren, and instead make bodywarmers for inanimate outdoor objects in a notoriously damp country? Seems a tremendous waste of time to make all this stuff, only for the sodden mouldy rotten mess to go to landfill after a few weeks.

I've just seen my former MP, Lord John McFall of Alcluith, Speaker of the House of Lords, make his way to the Beano, his gown tails held by a flunkey.

Aye, the Dumbarton Labour boy has done well, even if a swathe of his former constituency has increasingly come to resemble downtown Chisinau.

Wow, its taken 3 days for these new powers to be enacted in anger.

What a country England is - stop and search with no requirement for suspicion, arrest people protesting legally, release them after the ceremony has finished and then tell us all this is perfectly reasonable.

1 hour ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

For those of us not watching the London poshfrockfest, how are we proposing to spend the day? 

So far I've done 2 Duolingo units, and will do some more later, I've scanned the Politics Forum and am just about to make bacon rolls. Mrs Salt and Vinegar will, sadly, be watching the telly, so at least if something interesting happens, such as an asteroid strike, or a pissed-up female geriatric streaking across The Mall, I'll get to hear about it. Later on I'll be giving the garage a much needed clear out. 

Anyone got plans for a coronation-free day? 

Spread two bags of grass seed on the back lawn last week. Looking forward to settling down in my comfy garden chair to watch it grow.