Monarchy debate/discussion

Richey Edwards

3 hours ago, Lucyintheskywithdiamonds said:

Am I the only one wondering why the story that is headlining the news tonight is “Prince Harry and Meghan in a two hour car chase” there is more important things going on right now than focussing on an ex royal and his Hollywood wife. I think the story is extremely over exaggerated from what I’ve seen/red. A two hour long car chase around the streets of Manhattan is highly unlikely.

For context, this one is only ten minutes long.

3 hours ago, HibeeJibee said:

Sonny' Singh was driving his yellow taxi through Manhattan on Tuesday night when he picked up an extraordinary fare. He tells BBC News that a security guard hailed him and "next thing Prince Harry and his wife were hopping into my cab".

He says that as they travelled a block, they "got blocked by a garbage truck and all of a sudden paparazzi came and starting taking pictures". He said the group were just about to tell him the location they wanted to be taken to, but then told him to go back to the police station... where he dropped them off.

Asked about the description of a "near catastrophic chase" he said "I don't think that's true, I think that's all exaggerated". He said he didn't feel in danger and that the police weren't following - "they only helped when we were blocked by the trash truck they honked and then they went their way we went our way".

catastrophe-what-a-catastrophe.gif

Racism.

Prince Harry is a weirdo fantasist clearly deeply unhappy with his life.

Royal families around the world produce losers like him on some rate of knots, centuries of pretty intensive inbreeding can't have helped.

Not a single intellectual amongst them.

Is this really the best of Britain? An absolute car crash (an expression, not the made up incident Harry is referring to).

This is a guy daft enough to be caught cheating in an art exam.

13 hours ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

Is Anderson actually this thick or is it all an elaborate act?

I don't think that's particular evidence of his stupidity. He has amply demonstrated that elsewhere. 

What this is is pure cynical self promotion and probably quite cleverly done. He's got some publicity by spouting reactionary shit that will resonate with Tory voters and other thickos. Thick people like thick arguments, even if they don't actually make sense. 

I'd be completely unsurprised if he's the next leader of the opposition. 

I think the catastrophic line was more for an innocent bystander than them directly as apparently the cars following them were driving on the pavement and running red lights.  

10 hours ago, Lucyintheskywithdiamonds said:

Exactly if they were wanting a “private life” like they claimed they were why would you do a tell all interview with Oprah,film a Netflix series about your lives and then realease a tell all book and start appearing for guest appearances on the likes of the jimmy kimmell show it’s a load of nonsense. 

They have no other source of income. Although this source may be starting to dry up now.

2 hours ago, coprolite said:

I don't think that's particular evidence of his stupidity. He has amply demonstrated that elsewhere. 

What this is is pure cynical self promotion and probably quite cleverly done. He's got some publicity by spouting reactionary shit that will resonate with Tory voters and other thickos. Thick people like thick arguments, even if they don't actually make sense. 

I'd be completely unsurprised if he's the next leader of the opposition. 

It'll be Braverman. She's been at it for quite some time and would've long since been removed from any government that wasn't resting on an increasingly-dwindling base of sand. 

30p Lee has a high chance of losing his seat and is auditioning for a prime slot on GB News. 

3 hours ago, KingRocketman II said:

Harry and Meghan do seem to be able to effortlessly trigger a lot of people - of course they trigger Royalists, but also equally those who hate or claim not to care about the Royal family. Hats off to the pair of them. 

I especially love it when someone like Farage or Morgan says something like "I preferred him when he wore Nazi uniforms" - good clean fun, he was one of us then.

Edited by btb

1 minute ago, Michael W said:

It'll be Braverman. She's been at it for quite some time and would've long since been removed from any government that wasn't resting on an increasingly-dwindling base of sand. 

30p Lee has a high chance of losing his seat and is auditioning for a prime slot on GB News. 

If  30p is no longer an MP, will GBeebees still be interested in having him on the channel?

8 minutes ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

If  30p is no longer an MP, will GBeebees still be interested in having him on the channel?

He'll be fine alongside a few other failed politicians in their ranks tbh. Another yer da type to fight the culture war. 

2 hours ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

The BBC will use him as a subject expert, in the same way they use other failed or ex politicians like Farage and Ann Widdecombe.

7 hours ago, Jacksgranda said:

They have no other source of income. Although this source may be starting to dry up now.

Don't think he particularly needs a source of income feel sure his carve up from the will of his gran Lizzie will be a not inconsiderable sum, and what he got from the his great granny too.

As a family they don't pay inheritance tax and the state just paid £162M to bury the QEII,

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-65636772

Bunch of state benefit scroungers.

6 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Its weird that people have such strong opinions on how much publicity Harry and Meghan are allowed to court

No issue with them being publicity whores - I do have an issue with them wasting police time to try and back up their vacuous lies.

9 hours ago, Michael W said:

It did occur to me that he might be parachuted into a safer seat and become another Farage, if the big Tory beasts think he might be useful like Johnson. The world is so awful that I wouldn't bet against it.

Patel seems to be positioning herself for the next leadership election right now; imagine her and Braverman in a debate.

"I deported hundreds of furriners"
"Well, I went to their arrests and rubbed myself off in their faces"
"So? I sent my parents on holiday, then had their passports cancelled"
"I had my children sterilised to avoid further contaminating the Great British gene pool"
"I replied to five consecutive posts without using multi-quote"
"...you monster."

3 hours ago, MEADOWXI said:

Don't think he particularly needs a source of income feel sure his carve up from the will of his gran Lizzie will be a not inconsiderable sum, and what he got from the his great granny too.

As a family they don't pay inheritance tax and the state just paid £162M to bury the QEII,

Aye, but the rule is that they must never, ever spend any of the money they've hoarded. That's what HMRC is for.

You can boff as many of the staff from the colonies as you want, but never diminish The Firm's power and influence by reducing their finances.

5 hours ago, MEADOWXI said:

Aye, but that’s only £2.50 per UK citizen, if you just divide it by the rough number of living human beings in the UK - you know, the way all departments of government and legitimate economists work out financial costs.

I well remember MPs’ expenses being widely justified in that they only cost £2.70 per living human in the UK, and because tourists just love Big Ben.

Oh wait - the lunatic method of dividing costs by the entire population and then bringing up tourists only applies to bottom-feeding bootlickers defending the Windsor clan, doesn’t it?

9 minutes ago, BTFD said:

It did occur to me that he might be parachuted into a safer seat and become another Farage, if the big Tory beasts think he might be useful like Johnson. The world is so awful that I wouldn't bet against it.

Patel seems to be positioning herself for the next leadership election right now; imagine her and Braverman in a debate.

"I deported hundreds of furriners"
"Well, I went to their arrests and rubbed myself off in their faces"
"So? I sent my parents on holiday, then had their passports cancelled"
"I had my children sterilised to avoid further contaminating the Great British gene pool"
"I replied to five consecutive posts without using multi-quote"

"...you monster."

Aye, but the rule is that they must never, ever spend any of the money they've hoarded. That's what HMRC is for.

You can boff as many of the staff from the colonies as you want, but never diminish The Firm's power and influence by reducing their finances.

You've officially lost the plot.

On 18/05/2023 at 13:53, KingRocketman II said:

Harry and Meghan do seem to be able to effortlessly trigger a lot of people - of course they trigger Royalists, but also equally those who hate or claim not to care about the Royal family. Hats off to the pair of them. 

They make total arses of themselves on a regular basis.

Not sure that's "triggering" people.