Motherwell v Celtic

Flybhoy

6.15 kick off for television, that can get so far to f**k. 

Good to see Motherwell have been sensible with the ticket prices with this in mind. 

Hopefully a full strength team is put out here, the domestic cups are more important now than the dead duck of the Champions league campaign. 

3-1 to the holders, O'Reilly ,Hatate and Kyogo with the goals.

Looking forward to seeing about 450 Motherwell fans turning up and all the Celtic Twitter Da's going mental because we didn't give them a 43,000 allocation so it looks better on the telly.

Game to be finished by half time and I'll stick Emmerdale on.  What a ridiculous kick-off time for a game of fitba.

As said by everyone it's a ridiculous time of kick off. Football should never be kicking off at 6:15. I've got no hope whatsoever for this game if I'm being completely honest. I never thought I'd be saying this at the start of the season but we missed Efford at the weekend so I'm hoping he's back as his redemption arc continues. If he is back then I hope we start him and McKinstry and not Shields in place of McKinstry.

For anyone interested, Don Robertson is the ref for the game.

Edited by AdamMFC

The same team as Sunday but more tired doesn't fill me with any confidence TBH - there is little to be done up front unless Moult or Efford are back.

I'd like to see McKinstry get an extended run from this point in any case and - can't believe I'm saying this - Morris was reasonably good on Sunday by the standards that we've seen so far, so if he has to continue, so be it. My main concern is KVV having to run about chasing lost causes for another full 90 with no respite - I don't want him so tired that he can't get his customary goals against Aberdeen on Saturday, which has become a bigger game than this.

This will be standard stuff against Celtic - hope that we don't get blown away in the first 20 mins and see what happens. I think what will happen is a regulation defeat.

7 minutes ago, Flybhoy said:

Just go to the game, you've got the equivalent of the cold, people saw through this shite and stopped bothering some time ago.

I’m not well mate, passed it on to my wife now and she is confined to bed

Making it along tonight, no idea if I am looking forward to it. Celtic missing a few key players but they will just replace those with equally key players so not much to talk of there.

rotten kick off time, piss poor planning to squeeze two games into one night.

Mckinstry to start, Efford back would be nice and I hope Lamie is fit. Never thought i'd be saying those words 6 months ago.

Tierney to start as well, dropping him to go more defensive would be criminal.

24 minutes ago, Neil86 said:

Tierney to start as well, dropping him to go more defensive would be criminal.

As long as he's been coached on the cynical "take one for the team" yellow card challenge since the weekend.

12 minutes ago, Swello said:

As long as he's been coached on the cynical "take one for the team" yellow card challenge since the weekend.

Agreed, aside from Goss who is the only one we can let off given he was already on a booking, any one of Tierney, Mckinstry or Penney could have taken him down.

I remember a motherwell vs Rangers game in the league cup group stages a few years ago (2016?) and there was only about 2,000 Motherwell fans there that day. Tonight might actually beat that if the seat map is accurate.

Motherwell 0 Celtic 3, meh.

1 hour ago, ZX1886 said:

I remember a motherwell vs Rangers game in the league cup group stages a few years ago (2016?) and there was only about 2,000 Motherwell fans there that day. Tonight might actually beat that if the seat map is accurate.

Motherwell 0 Celtic 3, meh.

Just over 45 minutes to kick-off and the streets are dead. I left early thinking there might be some traffic, but got here in no time. You could be right.