Next temporary leader of the Conservative Party PM

Granny Danger

Next Temporary Leader of the Conservative Party PM  

84 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

It's always difficult to know when Johnson is lying (although all the time is a fair guess) but if he's just returned from another holiday, the face to face discussions will just be getting underway. It'll be interesting to watch the numbers change as things heat up.

1 hour ago, BFTD said:

Conservatives being ashamed of their voting history. Fancy.

There might be an element of that going on.

If you're supporting either of the other two, you'll probably be more likely to say so.  Anyone thinking of backing Johnson might be more reticent about admitting it, because it's such a loaded stance, given recent history.

I think the fact that the known Penny Mordaunt numbers are staying fairly low, maybe suggests Johnson does have a chance of collecting lots more.  Whether it'll be enough though, remains in doubt.

8 minutes ago, AFCDannyFTH said:

Sunak and Boris tearing each other to shreds is going to be box office stuff. This is going to get very nasty, very quickly. 

Lbc already having Tory callers saying Rishi isn't even British 

https://twitter.com/LBC/status/1583836182781517830?t=Vb2QchHjnwfB--w-UbX8nw&s=19

Edited by doulikefish

7 minutes ago, doulikefish said:

Lbc already having Tory callers saying Rishi isn't even British 

https://twitter.com/LBC/status/1583836182781517830?t=Vb2QchHjnwfB--w-UbX8nw&s=19

Jesus, you actually can't spell British without 'rishi'. Check out my Susie Dent chops. Also if there's any Tory PR guys reading this, no, f**k off. 

42 minutes ago, Elric said:

Just watched the news there and an astonishing, but not surprising, comment from a female " Boris is trustworthy".  How stupid are these people?

That’s what happens after years of underfunding education and a general dumbing down of society in general in the UK especially in England.

The one positive thing that I took out of the 2014 referendum was that it got a lot of the population in Scotland engaged in politics in a way that they hadn’t before and in the run up to Sept 18th you could hear many people having conversations about it from both sides of the argument. 

I listened to an Irish podcast talking about the current situation in the Uk and they said that the Tories seem to love 3 word phrases and give soundbites they will repeat enough times that many of the public take them as gospel and repeat them when asked about BJ; ‘got Brexit done’  ‘vaccine rollout’ ‘led the way helping war in Ukraine’

As Renton once said ‘it’s a shite state of affairs!’

6 minutes ago, Dunfermline Don said:

That’s what happens after years of underfunding education and a general dumbing down of society in general in the UK especially in England.

The one positive thing that I took out of the 2014 referendum was that it got a lot of the population in Scotland engaged in politics in a way that they hadn’t before and in the run up to Sept 18th you could hear many people having conversations about it from both sides of the argument. 

I listened to an Irish podcast talking about the current situation in the Uk and they said that the Tories seem to love 3 word phrases and give soundbites they will repeat enough times that many of the public take them as gospel and repeat them when asked about BJ; ‘got Brexit done’  ‘vaccine rollout’ ‘led the way helping war in Ukraine’

As Renton once said ‘it’s a shite state of affairs!’

That's 6 words but f**k it. it's my soundbite that is getting repeated till the cows come home

2 hours ago, The Skelpit Lug said:

It's always difficult to know when Johnson is lying (although all the time is a fair guess) but if he's just returned from another holiday, the face to face discussions will just be getting underway. It'll be interesting to watch the numbers change as things heat up.

It’s actually dead easy, if his lips are moving…

51 minutes ago, Binos said:

It's undoubtedly the reason the membership voted for truss first time round 

RS still got 42.4% this summer, I can't see many of them switching to BJ which would leave BJ needing to get 85-90% of Truss supporters.

Tory party members seem a pretty extreme bunch and I suppose the Truss segment are the extreme of the extreme, but Shirley Nott?