Next temporary leader of the Conservative Party PM

Granny Danger

Next Temporary Leader of the Conservative Party PM  

84 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'm reaching the view that Johnson might not make the hundred backers.  
If b*****ds like Frost and Raab are saying it would be unwise, then I think he's struggling to get sufficient parliamentary support.  Any MP with reservations will know what will happen if Johnson gets as far as a members' vote.  
I'm not suggesting that morals are kicking in; but I think some pragmatism might be.
I'm not so sure. I would imagine the inboxes of the remaining Tory MP's who are still to back a candidate will be getting flooded by BJ supporting nutters. They'll be making there views well and truly heard that they either back Johnstone or there vote will go else where come the next GE

Edit Fucking hell he's got the 100

Will it not be a case of whoever gets the nod, it will be PM by committee? The 1922 committee namely, will the chairman of the party & Brady stand for Johnson’s ego? They can’t have another Truss (I know), the damage that’s been done to the party up to now seems nearly fatal if the polls are to be believed, I know they are a bunch of backstabbing charlatans, but at some point reason has to take over, even if just for self preservation of the party. I just can’t see Boris being allowed to lurch from scandal to disaster & back to scandal again. I mean, I hope the outcome is exactly that he does, I just can’t see the men in grey suits allowing it for the third time in 6 months or so…. I’ve been wrong before though! 

2 minutes ago, Brother Blades said:

Will it not be a case of whoever gets the nod, it will be PM by committee? The 1922 committee namely, will the chairman of the party & Brady stand for Johnson’s ego? They can’t have another Truss (I know), the damage that’s been done to the party up to now seems nearly fatal if the polls are to be believed, I know they are a bunch of backstabbing charlatans, but at some point reason has to take over, even if just for self preservation of the party. I just can’t see Boris being allowed to lurch from scandal to disaster & back to scandal again. I mean, I hope the outcome is exactly that he does, I just can’t see the men in grey suits allowing it for the third time in 6 months or so…. I’ve been wrong before though! 

If the men in the grey suits had wanted to disallow Johnson they would have done so when they set the election rules this time around.

If there are 100 MPs willing to back Johnson then that would be a lot of folk to piss off by gerrymandering now.

12 minutes ago, The Skelpit Lug said:

One the one hand, Johnson getting the 100 votes and dominating the media outlets given his track record is absolutely hilarious but on the other hand 

malcolm-tucker-fucking-fuck-me.gif.c969bb3e498b33494a594ee03ad7ed90.gif

It's entirely this.

Obviously, this is comical, but it's also dreadful.

The contempt being displayed is breathtaking.

1 minute ago, Granny Danger said:

If the men in the grey suits had wanted to disallow Johnson they would have done so when they set the election rules this time around.

If there are 100 MPs willing to back Johnson then that would be a lot of folk to piss off by gerrymandering now.

I’m not talking about gerrymandering per se, if Johnson goes to the membership, he’s a shoe-in, what I’m speculating about is, a harsh warning that if he does anything to f**k it up or makes any ridiculous policy decisions like Truss, the 22 committee will act swiftly & decisively, remove him as leader, maybe expel him from the party etc. 
I know it’s the Tories & anything is possible, but the one thing they all have in common is that being in power benefits them & their mates, I mean some polls were showing they’d not even be in opposition - not going to happen but worrying nonetheless for them.  I’m just spitballing. 

He's not been seen in HoC or his constituency for ages, he was on his third holiday since getting punted and decides to fly home early just as this is breaking. I'm going for him being absolutely serious in wanting the job. Let the fun begin.

Definitely a feeling that the entire 'bring back Boris/Boris has popular support' narrative has been pushed for no other reason than to try and create a bandwagon that actually coalesces into material support, rather than it being indicative of huge support to begin with.

3 minutes ago, Michael W said:

The difference between actual declarations and 100 is about 50. It's either bollocks or 50 cowards are too scared to out themselves in public. 

Both scenarios seem plausible tbh. 

Conservatives being ashamed of their voting history. Fancy.