Next temporary leader of the Conservative Party PM

Granny Danger

Next Temporary Leader of the Conservative Party PM  

84 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 hours ago, doulikefish said:

It's mad that the guy who took money from poor areas to give to rich areas and boasted about it is the one I'm assuming we would like to see made pm because we ain't getting a general election for 2 years 

They just voted for Trickle-Down Liz, so that should be no surprise.

If somebody wants to undercut Rishi, they'll need to suggest enforced sterilisation of people on long-term benefits and/or revoking their citizenship, with deportation to Rwanda for the worst "offenders". Savings have to be made somewhere to increase profits for the wealthy, after all.

48 minutes ago, btb said:

Might be off-topic but would the new PM be bound to honour Truss's U-Turn on the Pension Triple Lock or would that be back on the table?

Tories! Bound to honour agreements!

laughing-hysterically-laugh.gif

3 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Are there posters on here who think Sunak is more morally sound than Johnson?  I certainly don’t.

I bet he promised to put Suella (dreaming of asylum seekers on planes to Rwanda) Braverman back in the Home Office to get her and other right wingers votes.

15 minutes ago, Father Ted said:

It's not the first time. In the last race to the bottom before Truss won.

Some rep from Conservative Home was on GMS on radio Scotland and stated that the membership wouldn't vote for a person of colour to lead them.

I couldn't believe what I was hearing. Needless to say they buried it after that and was never aired again.

If Rishi Sunak wins the role then a lot of Tory members will resign from the party because it is no longer the party it used to be.

16 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Are there posters on here who think Sunak is more morally sound than Johnson?  I certainly don’t.

He definitely isn't more morally sound than Johnson.....there was too much about the 'family' contracts to set up asylum detention centres in Rwanda, (to rake in a tidy profit), before the 'policy' was announced, that went unanswered. He is pretty much as bad as Johnson.

Edited by Jedi

10 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

I bet he promised to put Suella (dreaming of asylum seekers on planes to Rwanda) Braverman back in the Home Office to get her and other right wingers votes.

Total aside but on HIGNFY on Friday (which was shit considering the material they had to play with) some Spectator journalist said Braverman was referred to by colleagues as Nutella.

2 hours ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

I caught a bit of him on the telly. He said that the SNP swapped leaders during a government when Salmond was replaced by Sturgeon so that made it okay now too.

It's the same interview.  That programme is broadcast simultaneously on Radio and TV.

That Hoy guy was indeed laughable.  To pretend there's any kind of parallel between that succession and this farce is bloody insulting.

3 hours ago, Sugar_Army said:

Craig Hoy (Chairman of the Scottish Conservatives) was on Radio Scotland this morning.  While he sat on the fence with regards to the next PM he was happy to say that the Conservatives stood for stability.

This will be the same Conservative party that due to infighting gave a vote on Brexit that lead to us ripping up EU membership, despite only two of the four nations involved in voting saying "No".  This after telling Scotland during the Independence referendum that the only way to staying in the EU was to vote No.

The same Conservative party that David Cameron resigned from on the back of this, giving us a "Strong and Stable" PM in Theresa May that only  Conservatives got to vote for.

The same Conservative party that due to infighting could not only not get Brexit sorted in a grown up way, but got rid of Theresa May by yet another vote which most of the country was excluded from.

The same Conservative party that gave us a PM in Boris Johnston who not only broke a law his party made, but who constantly used doublespeak to avoid telling the truth and who had almost 60 members of his party leave office due to how he was governing the country.

The same Conservatie party that gave us a PM who once again only those in the club got to vote for and who only lasted a mere 44 days in which she crashed and trashed everything she allegedly stood for.

The same Conservative party that is now having an election to vote for yet another PM which again could end up in the hands of the party faithful where the two front runners could be the person they felt was inferior (not as white) than Liz Truss or a former PM that was kicked out of office by his own MPs and who could potentially be suspended for misleading parliament!

Stability?  Yer having a laugh.

That shite they keep painting to cover it up, will always be a shite 

These little Englanders must be denser than a neutron star.

Thank f**k ilive in a nation where the majority sees through this constant whitewash.

Johnson isn't running because he doesn't have the numbers. Another lie, then. 

You'd feel like an absolute plum if you set out your stick publicly, wouldn't you? 

Like this guy: 

Edited by Michael W