Dundee Riots

ICTChris

Just now, Venti said:

Back when I was a wee rascal we used to bolt away fae the polis.

Not chuck petrol bombs at them.

But the police back then would give you a truncheon to the face for being a dick. Now they'd get sacked for that.

7 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

But the police back then would give you a truncheon to the face for being a dick. Now they'd get sacked for that.

When I actually got pinched & they asked for your details, I'd give them WWE names. Nothing blatantly obvious like Rey Mysterio.

Needed to be said with a deadpan face.

1 hour ago, ICTChris said:

Bonfire Night rioting again in Niddrie.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-67331166

This happened last year as well.  Pretty serious footage there of petrol bombs being thrown at the police.  

It might be a bit of a stretch but I sometimes wonder why chucking a blazing bottle of petrol at another person doesn't result in a charge of attempted murder.

1 hour ago, jamamafegan said:

These wee shites should be getting doused with water cannons IMO. Send them home to their parents cold, soaking wet and miserable.

No water cannons in the UK as far as I know.

Plastic bullets are apparently possible though.

Parenting skills of the highest scheme calibre (presumably the parents had to buy wee Johnny the Petrol and bangers).

Police have been saying for months there would be loads of them in Niddrie on Bonfire Night. It gave neds plenty of opportunity to organise themselves to chuck fireworks at them. Doesn't look like the neds were fighting amongst themselves.

Less overt policing next year would probably help.

4 hours ago, sparky88 said:

Police have been saying for months there would be loads of them in Niddrie on Bonfire Night. It gave neds plenty of opportunity to organise themselves to chuck fireworks at them. Doesn't look like the neds were fighting amongst themselves.

Less overt policing next year would probably help.

If no Polis had been in attendance what do you believe those civilised children would have done with their scud missiles ?

8 hours ago, 101 said:

Some bottle from the polis don't flich when a firework goes off at their feet.

Anyone who can afford a petrol bomb please let me know as I have an alternative use for your petrol purchasing.

The public order outfits are fireproof, they do confidence testing of the equipment at the training for it. 

48 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

Ban fireworks and the likes. Completely.

What difference would that make: do you think they bought their fireworks... plus bricks, flashbangs and molotov cocktails... and bought legally in local hardware shops or convenience stores?!

1 hour ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

The public order outfits are fireproof, they do confidence testing of the equipment at the training for it. 

That’s good to hear, are they also sharp proof, if so to what force? Can’t imagine a petrol bomb going off is not going to result in a few sharp bits of glass spraying around.  

Also, just cos the suits are fireproof doesn’t mean heat doesn’t go through, there’s been f1 drivers stating if a car catching fire even in their suits it’s hot as f**k.

Either way it takes a bit of bottle to hold your line their