Dundee Riots

ICTChris

2 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

A police officer in Edinburgh said that while most of the rioters were children, the trouble was orchestrated by older people.

Who the f**k are these older people?  This was just kids attacking the police for the sheer f**k of it - it's not a protest about anything, I can't see any tangible benefit to anyone from doing it, it's not organised criminal activity, no-one seems to be profiting from it.  Why are they doing it?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-67331166

'COS.. FÚCK THE POLICE.

48 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

Why are they doing it?

To many of those involved there are few if any repercussions as a result of this behaviour. 
The police in this country are faced with serious consequences if they come down hard on such behaviour. 
I first witnessed massive riots in the late 70s / early 80s that kicked off in a copy cat culture across the country. 
It can be an extremely exciting experience for those involved.

We don’t utilise water cannon in this country for some reason that perhaps @Inanimate Carbon Rod can explain why. It seems that the UK and Scottish governments prefer a softer approach to policing. 

They use that with huge success in other countries. Fcuk knows why it’s not used here. 

“Water cannon use outside Northern Ireland is not approved, and would require the statutory authorisation from the Home Secretary for use in England and Wales or the parliament of Scotland for use in Scotland.“

There seems little deterrent for the neds. In other countries the police would take appropriate action to disperse and discourage such behaviour. 

Charge and fine the cnuts. Back in my day the police would give you a kicking in the back of the transit van. 

5 minutes ago, Molotov said:

To many of those involved there are few if any repercussions as a result of this behaviour. 
The police in this country are faced with serious consequences if they come down hard on such behaviour. 
I first witnessed massive riots in the late 70s / early 80s that kicked off in a copy cat culture across the country. 

We don’t utilise water cannon in this country for some reason that perhaps @Inanimate Carbon Rod can explain why. It seems that the UK and Scottish governments prefer a softer approach to policing. 

They use that with huge success in other countries. Fcuk knows why it’s not used here. 

“Water cannon use outside Northern Ireland is not approved, and would require the statutory authorisation from the Home Secretary for use in England and Wales or the parliament of Scotland for use in Scotland.“

There seems little deterrent for the neds. In other countries the police would take appropriate action to disperse and discourage such behaviour. 

Charge and fine the cnuts. Back in my day the police would give you a kicking in the back of the transit van. 

If I wound up in a Transit van as a wee ned I'd take a kicking rather than the alternative.

1 hour ago, Derry Alli said:

'COS.. FÚCK THE POLICE.

Id rather you didnt…

24 minutes ago, Molotov said:

Wee dicks are gonna be wee dicks. Tbh i dont wanna have our police pelting folks with rubber bullets or water cannons. We’ve got armed police who can use baton rounds but the idea of indiscriminate fire into a crowd doesnt seem great especially if there are kids there. These arent non lethal options, they are less lethal. Genuinely think in terms of public order policing we get most things right over here, everything is policied and all decisions recorded properly and run through licensed tactical advisors etc. I get why the government wants to give people under 22 lenient sentencing to stop perpetuating offending cycles etc but i think without real action to eradicate poverty etc you’re not going to make any impact and people who are thugs or whatever have used it as a carte blanche to offend with impunity. 

1 hour ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

We’ve got armed police who can use baton rounds but the idea of indiscriminate fire into a crowd doesnt seem great especially if there are kids there.

Easily avoided by not hanging around in a crowd launching fireworks etc at the police tbf.

"f**k around, find out" springs to mind.

Edited by Todd_is_God

4 hours ago, ICTChris said:

A police officer in Edinburgh said that while most of the rioters were children, the trouble was orchestrated by older people.

Who the f**k are these older people?  This was just kids attacking the police for the sheer f**k of it - it's not a protest about anything, I can't see any tangible benefit to anyone from doing it, it's not organised criminal activity, no-one seems to be profiting from it.  Why are they doing it?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-67331166

Some are just anti-authority/grown-up neds. Some are local gang leaders, toughs and hardmen dispersing inflammable gifts so neighbourhood delinquents get a thrill... rewards their native ne-er-do-wells, attracts upcoming cohort, reminds locals who's boss, and G-I-R-U-Y to PC Plod.

There are wee bams from that area (among others) who are tearing round town on these electric "motorbikes", balaclavas on, causing bother.

I doubt they buy them for themselves - probably supplied by local businessmen to deliver "goods".

There were shots fired in Greendykes from a couple of them the other day.

Its worrying for the police officers involved, as if it's the same "kids" firing stuff at them they don't seem to have any fear.

Wee p***ks.