The Pie and Bovril Dead Pool 2023

29 minutes ago, Tony Ferrino said:

Freinds was and is shite. Loved by vacuous Pringle eating air heads who couldn't understand Cheers or Frasier.

I was too young for Cheers but loved Frasier. Friends was good too. I'd love to join in with the bashing of it, but there's too many times where I've referenced it for that to hold water.

In the age of streaming and multiple options Friends wouldn't have survived, but it was great in its day.

2 hours ago, velo army said:

I was too young for Cheers but loved Frasier. Friends was good too. I'd love to join in with the bashing of it, but there's too many times where I've referenced it for that to hold water.

In the age of streaming and multiple options Friends wouldn't have survived, but it was great in its day.

How did you reference it? How ya doin?

6 hours ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

Happened a couple of weeks ago but don't think mentioned on here, Mark Goddard.

https://www.latimes.com/entertainment-arts/tv/story/2023-10-14/mark-goddard-dead

In the 1998 film "Lost in Space" his character was played by Matt Le Blanc in a similar role to Joey in Friends.

14 hours ago, throbber said:

Chandler was my favourite character in friends - there was a discussion on here a while back when a few of us agreed that Phoebe was a truly awful character and shouldn’t have been involved at all.

I think it was a great show considering how basic a concept it all was. 

Any Friends episode after chandler and Monica got together was unwatchable. 

9 hours ago, Tony Ferrino said:

Freinds was and is shite. Loved by vacuous Pringle eating air heads who couldn't understand Cheers or Frasier.

I'm in a real quandary here. I love Cheers and Frasier, and like Friends and Pringles. Am I unique? 

7 hours ago, Tony Ferrino said:

How did you reference it? How ya doin?

A lot of the comedy of Friends was in its set pieces. Occurrences would call to mind a similar happening in an episode of Friends so I'd use that as a comparison.

Fair enough you don't like it. There are many legitimate criticisms (Joey's character's stupidity stretched credulity and Phoebe's character was obviously unlikeable), and a lot of illegitimate ones (judging past comedy by today's standards is a PTTGOMN incidentally).

Finally, Texas BBQ Pringles are up there with the best of crisps and I will die on that hill 😎.

Back in the 90s when they were first on, Channel 4 on a Friday night was excellent. Friends, Frasier and ER. 

Friends (especially) and Frasier have been repeated to death. And all 3 shows went on far too long, well past when they were good.