Aberdeen v 'Rangers' - Tues 20/12 - 8pm

4 hours ago, Hendo said:

Sadly as a Saints fan i've seen this many times from Goodwin teams. He was a good manager for us, but his inability to get his side to see out wins was his biggest downfall.

We almost came to expect losing late goals - general routine of taking off your best players and most attacking threats, replacing with lesser more defensive players, hitting the ball anywhere and leaving no-one up to hit on the counter.

To be fair, when he was with us he used to do that against the likes of County and St Johnstone, so I suppose its progress if he's now just doing it against the old firm.

Having said that, the defending from Roos at the second goal and Stewart at the third were laughably bad.

No he wasn't  his football overall was torture, and sore on the eyes,  and tonight was Motherwell top 6 game last all over again 

4 hours ago, Jute said:

As others have said that was all on Goodwin and the substitutions. Individual errors from usual suspects at all the goals but Goodwin shitting the bed and making the changes he did far too early in the game were main reason we lost the game. St Mirren on Saturday a massive game now.

Not for us it isn't 

1 hour ago, Portmahomack Saint said:

No he wasn't  his football overall was torture, and sore on the eyes,  and tonight was Motherwell top 6 game last all over again 

It was pretty brutal but as a cup winning captain he had a lot of good will in the bank but looking back he shat the bed more than Spud.

3 hours ago, Portmahomack Saint said:

He took over a bit of a basket case, and assembled a decent squad. We got to two cup semi finals and had our highest league finish since the 80s under him. 

You might think he should've played differently or got us a bit further in a cup and/or the league. But by any measure he was a good manager for us.

6 hours ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

We were playing a far poorer team than Saturday and we've still managed to defend our way to defeat so it's infinitely worse for me

The outcome was infinitely worse, yes. But the performance up to a certain point was better, which was my point. 

It was infinitely worse to regress onto 6 yard line to defend once again against a) a far inferior side and b) after the lesson of Saturday that defending like that sees you relying on the luck of missed opportunities. 

26 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

The outcome was infinitely worse, yes. But the performance up to a certain point was better, which was my point. 

It was infinitely worse to regress onto 6 yard line to defend once again against a) a far inferior side and b) after the lesson of Saturday that defending like that sees you relying on the luck of missed opportunities. 

Having watched both games on TV their appeared to be a much bigger crowd there last night than on Saturday - was that the case or was it just the TV camera angles ?

1 hour ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Having watched both games on TV their appeared to be a much bigger crowd there last night than on Saturday - was that the case or was it just the TV camera angles ?

The game was originally arranged for September with tickets still valid. Would’ve been a bigger crowd for a game in September than one just before Christmas.

Rangers are a poorer opponent as well (which means you get ten more minutes before they score the winner).

25 minutes ago, lubo_blaha said:

The game was originally arranged for September with tickets still valid. Would’ve been a bigger crowd for a game in September than one just before Christmas.

I heard them saying that on Sky last night - what was the reason it was postponed? Can't remember!

10 hours ago, BucksburnDandy said:

Goodwin utterly shat the bed with his triple substitution and the defending was unforgivable.

I hate supporting this club at times, I really do.

For the first time in years a result annoyed me so much I could barely sleep.

From the 70th minute onwards I knew we were going to lose 3-2, but even I could barely believe we achieved that despite leading 2-1 with only 2 minutes to go.

2 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

Some Dons fans slagging off the subs there by Goodwin - fair enough, but Stewart and Roos were the major culprits in conceding those last 2 goals.

Not sure that the manager can take the full rap for such pathetic defending.

Richardson (who we reportedly paid £300k for) was outpaced by an old man over 10 yards despite a 2 yard start for the second and headed a cross down, into his own six yard box, straight to a Rangers player for the third. Don't leave him out please.