Your record at Ibrox & Parkhead

4 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

It's all about the day out though, football is the shite bit. Hope your face paint didn't run.

JS36858641.jpg.fe58f747325ad5417979ff06c86e702a.jpg.709f2f56214301b33e921b1481b68ba5.jpg

It was a shite day for us, but on the other hand, I was there when a club won its first major trophy, so a little bit of history.

It was certainly the least bitter I’ve ever been losing a cup final

12 hours ago, Mark Connolly said:

It was a shite day for us, but on the other hand, I was there when a club won its first major trophy, so a little bit of history.

It was certainly the least bitter I’ve ever been losing a cup final

I would agree with that

Never fun losing a cup final and God knows I have seen us lose a few.

Whether that was down our opponents outfoxing us (as they had done a few times that season), players underperforming or not getting the rub of the green at big moments, it all came down to St Johnston being deserved winners on the day.

I remember my mate commenting that he could understand the joy they Saints fans were feeling due to having experienced it personally in 79 (first major trophy) and 94(first Scottish in 7 attempts.

There are a few times at Hampden I have left thinking "How did we lose that?"  But far less so at Ibrox or Celtic Park.

Edited by Sugar_Army

Last win for Thistle at either ground was 26 September 1992. A 2-1 win with Geordie Shaw scoring both either side of an Andy Payton goal for the Hoops.

Last win at Ibrox was during our relegation season from the Premier League. A 2-0 win over the Origi-gers. George Clark and Super Mo Johnston with the goals.

TL:DR Utter shite 

Larry David Reaction GIF

• 3 months later...

I have managed to miss the vast majority of our few and far between victories at Celtic park and ibrox.  You go through spells of watching your team get hammered, barely get out their own half and have to sit surrounded by their fans celebrating another goal as if it’s the most unlikely incredible performance imaginable, so you decide ‘I’ll not bother with this one’ then hear that you’ve won through a Danny Swanson wonder volley or the like.

I have seen us win the 2014 Scottish Cup semi final at ibrox and final at Celtic park, which is far better than my record of watching us play semi finals at Hampden!

I’ve sat through two 7-0 defeats at Celtic park and a 5-0, and I’ve sat through a 6-0 defeat at Ibrox amongst others. The best I’ve seen us do is draw twice at Celtic park in a Brendan Rogers season which looking back was a very good achievement.

I’ve seen us beat rangers just the once at Ibrox.  A struggling mid-table Saints side fell behind then out of nowhere won 3-1 thanks to goals by Blair Alston, Denny Johnstone and Graham Cummins. It still feels surreal typing that even now!

Randomly, I’ve also seen us draw once and lose 3 times to Rangers at Celtic park in SC semi finals and a LC Final in the late 1980’s and 1990’s.

I've seen 6 wins at Ibrox and numerous draws. 

Saw 1 win, few close misses and several draws at Parkhead. 

Can't be arsed counting the games but must have been at both stadiums 40+ times each plus 3 when Celtic played at Hampden. 

Our record at Parkhead is absolutely howling - couldn't even win there when we were league champions and runners up 4 times in the 60s.

Edited by Squirrelhumper

Since 2000 our record at Ibrox has not been too bad relatively speaking. A number of memorable wins especially in the 2014-2017 period.

Conversely with Celtic being the much stronger side over the last 23 years,  Parkhead has seen a miserable 2 wins  for Hibs (Tony Mowbray's young team going full tilt winning 3-1 in 2005 and a late Danny Galbraith winner 2-1 in 2010(??) I think. Strangely two of the most enjoyable games I witnessed were draws. A John McGinn double  getting us a 2-2 draw in 2017 and much further back a 1-1 draw thanks to a late Marc Libbra equaliser with Martin O'Neill's Celtic team which was the first points they had dropped all season. That was also the game where I was called an "orange b" by an angry Celtic fan afterwards as I made my way back to the car. I must have said said something controversial like "'Mon the Hibs!"

Edited by AndyM

On 05/01/2023 at 13:18, VincentGuerin said:

I've seen Hearts win at Ibrox (against Rangers, we also beat Falkirk there in 98) four times, the first being in 1996. In that period, we haven't won any games there that I haven't gone to. Our previous win there was in 1988 I think, so we're at an absolutely shite four wins in the last 35 years.

At Parkhead I'm a bit better, even glorious 98 Cup Final aside. I missed our League Cup win there in 2007, but I've still seen us win away at Celtic six times since 1992. One of those was in their season at Hampden, and the first one, the 2-1 win in '92, I sat in the home end with a neighbour who had a spare Celtic ticket as I wasn't allowed to go and stand with my uncles etc. Applying the same 35-year timescale as Ibrox, we're at 7 wins in three and a half decades.

I was at one of those victories – 2-1 against Rangers at Ibrox after they'd gone into administration. I also saw us snatch a draw there with a late, late Robbo penalty around 1993.

One draw is the best I can muster from Celtic Park in the 2005/06 season.

Haven't really been to either ground that often tbf. Almost 30 years old and I've been to Parkhead 4 times and Ibrox 3 times.

vs Celtic I've seen us lose 5-0, 4-0, 1-0 and draw 0-0.

vs Rangers I've seen us lose 1-0, win 2-1 and draw 1-1.

Only 1 loss in 3 at Ibrox is not a bad record for me personally. Still waiting to see my first Hearts goal at Parkhead.

Only wins i've seen at ibrox was Killie vs Falkirk Scottish cup final and Scotland Georgia. Any vs rangers 1 loss in the cup and 1 in the league.

Only visit to parkhead a 0-0 draw against Rodgers Invincibles. Apparently 11 firemen would've done a similar job to killie that day.

On 05/01/2023 at 18:20, capt_oats said:

Worse than that. We were actually top of the league.

554967003_Screenshot2023-01-05at18_20_02.thumb.png.20be50f8e8d52fba29315ba0e84105fa.png
1080325367_Screenshot2023-01-05at18_19_34.thumb.png.6e92ca9e9b0b3c7019eb878ab76c3162.png

AFC's league record there screams out "Managed by Craig Brown, CBE'.  Who was the parsimonious Ross County manager at that point?

I have a diabolical record at both grounds. Never seen a victory of any kind in league matches there, or even as a neutral venue at Ibrox (LC semi defeat versus Celtic in 1994 and more recent SC semi defeat to St J).  AFC did record some very creditable draws there in the mid 90s, but Paul Kane's wondergoal in 1993 was as good as it ever got.

Parkhead only marginally better, with the LC final and Scotland 2 Austria 0 in 1997.  Low point was probably a 6-0 defeat in December 2000 where even that diddy Ramon Vega scored twice.  

On 05/01/2023 at 13:07, deadasdillinger said:

Just been to get tickets for Killie at Parkhead on Saturday and was explaining to the boy how poor our chances are of winning and how massive it would be if we did. 

One win in 67 years, which I'm assuming has to be about the poorest record of the top flight teams there. 

Pretty sure the Rangers have only won twice at Celtic park in their entire existence, we've done better than them. 

Parkhead
Was at the George Shaw game in 1992, then the following Tuesday in the Celtic end to see Celtic pull back a 2-0 loss in the 1st leg against Cologne by winning 3-0 (Uefa Cup).

Next time there was 2014 for the Sean Maloney 1-0 game for Scotland against RoI. 
Thereafter have been twice, one a late Leigh Griffiths winner against Thistle in 2016. The other a random game (brother had won tickets in a raffle), as Celtic beat Hearts, also in 2016. 

Ibrox

1st one was a U16/Schoolboys game some time early 80‘s. Can‘t remember much apart from it p!shed with rain and a certain promising youngster called Paul McStay was playing.

Next was 1997 for the Dundee United 0-3 Celtic league cup final, was just before I moved to Australia and last chance for a day out with my United supporting brother.

Damon Gray cup game in 2008 plus the 1-0 against Georgia in 2014.

Seems to be a variation on this thread on whether it's the team in general, or individuals' own visits to these cesspits.

My first visit to both was in 1990.

Celtic 0-3 Aberdeen  (Mason, Connor, Gillhaus) - fairly routine victory in those days

The now defunct Rangers 2-2 Aberdeen

(McCoist and Bett with 2 goals each - sweet as we were 2 down and equalised in the last minute - sadly my second visit there that season the following May wasn't quite so enjoyable as the forces of darkness ensured we were never winning that one, with assaults on young goalkeepers and blatant offside goals ignored).

5 hours ago, Comrie said:

County at Ibrox? I think we got some draws, once.

County at Parkhead? We only win the cups.

Yeah, not won at either ground. Grim.

County were the 'away' team in the 2010 Scottish Cup semi at Hampden, but that's it.

I've only been to each once in the league, and was at Celtic for the Scottish Cup game there as a lower league club. No interest in returning to either venue.

Since 1970, Morton have won 3 games at Ibrox, the most recent being a 1-0 win in 1980. All three were league games, the others being end-of-season games in 1970 and 1972.

In the same time, we've won 2 games at Celtic Park, the most recent being #27corners night in the League Cup in 2013, when we gave the whole of P&B a good laugh. The other was a League Cup group stage game in 1971.

We have never won a cup tie at Ibrox or a Scottish Cup tie at Celtic Park.

Highest wins were a 5-1 win at Ibrox in 1910 and a 4-2 win at Celtic Park in 1969 (their "show off our three trophies" celebration day - Per Bartram scored a first half hat-trick).

Both are dreadful places to watch football. Our recent cup game at Celtic made me appreciate Cappielow all the more.