Your record at Ibrox & Parkhead

11 hours ago, morrison said:

Yeah, not won at either ground. Grim.

County were the 'away' team in the 2010 Scottish Cup semi at Hampden, but that's it.

I've only been to each once in the league, and was at Celtic for the Scottish Cup game there as a lower league club. No interest in returning to either venue.

Did we no best them 2-0 in the League Cup there? Iacovutti header?

• 7 months later...

I knew I had a topic on here about records vs the Old Firm, but forgot it was at their grounds. Anyway, it still seems the best place to ask / think out loud. 

I wonder if any team in the league boasts a better record against the arse cheeks than us in the last 5-10 years?

I'd also be interested to know if our results in the 5 year period since we stopped giving them both ends have been better than the results in the 5 year period that preceded that, but not sufficiently enough to actually check. 

13 minutes ago, deadasdillinger said:

I knew I had a topic on here about records vs the Old Firm, but forgot it was at their grounds. Anyway, it still seems the best place to ask / think out loud. 

I wonder if any team in the league boasts a better record against the arse cheeks than us in the last 5-10 years?

I'd also be interested to know if our results in the 5 year period since we stopped giving them both ends have been better than the results in the 5 year period that preceded that, but not sufficiently enough to actually check. 

We missed a season with relegation that you would need to take into account but I would hazard a guess at yes. We beat them twice under SC when they still had both ends, possibly even 4 times I can’t remember when we made the change? Was it just for the final game for 3rd place in 2019?

If so then I count it as 5 wins on since we made the change (2-1 last day, 2-1 vs Rangers with Dyer and then the 3 games this season) with 4 wins under Clarke when they had 2 ends (Rangers, Celtic, Rangers, Celtic in that order). Under Clarke I think I am right in saying we won 5 home games against them in a row or possibly 5 out of 6.

So the question is did we beat either of them in the couple of years before Clarke? Not sure we did. I think when we last beat Celtic at home before Clarke it the Chris Maguire game? And Rangers of course died in 2012 and it was 2016 before the reincarnation appeared and I don’t think we won at all until SSC came in.

If all of the above facts turn out to be correct then without using google I will be delighted.

Edited by Sortmeout

Our record at Parkhead is dogshit. We did the Ibrox double in successive seasons though, once in the Championship and once in the Premier with a Scottish Cup final win sandwiched between them.

2 personal favourites I attended though were the Ivan Sproule hat trick game and a 3 -0 Scottish Cup swording where (a pre cocaine and alcohol bloat)Gary O'connor absolutely ragdolled their centre halves.

Whenever this topic comes up special mention must be made of the wonderful Aberdeen 1970 side. Won at Parkhead twice (April & December). Won at Ibrox (October) and won at Hampden (April) , swatting aside Celtic in the Scottish Cup Final.  And remember this was when Celtic were light years ahead in quality of any Celtic side of the last 40 years.

Edited by kennie makevin

I’ve seen us win 3 times at Celtic park, 2 Scottish cup ties (mackie & pawlett) and the 1-0 considine game. Also saw Scotland beat Ireland 1-0 there and obviously the league cup final in 2014. Seen several defeats too but given aberdeens absolutely shocking record there I’ve done not too bad. 

I’ve seen us win once at ibrox against rangers and several defeats, the worst probably coming against st Johnstone to be honest. 

First visit to Parkhead was the 1980 Cup Semi Final and a 1-0 defeat against Rangers.  Then the draw with St Mirren in 82.  From the 83-84 season I went to most of Aberdeens games against Celtic there until I moved to London in 87.  As a result I have seen many a win and loses. The last visit was to see the Dons win the league cup win against ICT.

First visit to Ibrox was in the early 80s before there was any segregation of visiting fans and though my dad and his pals hadn’t worn any colours, it was still obvious to those sitting next to use that we weren’t one of them. The game finished 0-0 though Leighton saved a penalty right in front of us. 

Similarly as the 80s went on I went to most of the Dons games there and  probably saw more wins there than at Parkhead.  I particularly remember on 3-0 win when the home fans turned on their manager and all time great John Greig. The guy I sat next to at School was a regular at Ibrox and he said it seemed like every time we went forward we were going to score a goal. 
My last visit for a Rangers-Aberdeen game was when Gazza scored a hatrick to win the league.

Since then I have only been at that game against St Johnstone.

I have no great desire to visit those grounds these days unless they were being used for Cup games or international. I certainly wouldn’t want to see games involving their host clubs as the atmosphere seems much more toxic than I remember back in the day. 

8 hours ago, kennie makevin said:

Whenever this topic comes up special mention must be made of the wonderful Aberdeen 1970 side. Won at Parkhead twice (April & December). Won at Ibrox (October) and won at Hampden (April) , swatting aside Celtic in the Scottish Cup Final.  And remember this was when Celtic were light years ahead in quality of any Celtic side of the last 40 years.

The HMFC sides of the 50s too. Dominated them. Sadly the game has moved on.

Hearts record in Glasgow...

200.gif?cid=ff874017l9e36wldqyxwvcp1jtpf

What matters though is at Easter Road we've beaten Hibs more at their own patch than they have us. Such is glory from 3rd biggest down.

Edited by Crùbag

3 hours ago, Kyle Reese said:

The HMFC sides of the 50s too. Dominated them. Sadly the game has moved on.

I was at every match against Celtic and Rangers in Glasgow in 1970. A bit more recent than the Hearts spell in the 50s. I'm presuming you weren't at any of these Hearts matches?

5 hours ago, Kyle Reese said:

Beyond shite. Like actually just utterly fucking embarrassing.

It's beyond appalling, but I cheat this by rarely ever bothering to go these days.

Overall, I think I've seen us beat Rangers at Ibrox four times and Celtic at Parkhead five times (as well as beating them at Hampden when that was their home ground), but none of those wins have been since 2014. The overall record was actually reasonable until it suddenly fell off a cliff. Especially at Parkhead. We used to take the odd pasting, but I've seen plenty of wins and draws there, and a decent number of defeats by the odd goal or after a good showing. Through the nineties we picked up results at Ibrox fairly regularly too. One win, but a decent number of draws too. These days it's just pointless.

April 98 win over Falkirk at Ibrox and then the Glorious 16th of May at Celtic Park as well.

So, despite us having a terrible recent record, I've got lots of good memories.

Edited by VincentGuerin