Your record at Ibrox & Parkhead

Just been to get tickets for Killie at Parkhead on Saturday and was explaining to the boy how poor our chances are of winning and how massive it would be if we did. 

One win in 67 years, which I'm assuming has to be about the poorest record of the top flight teams there. 

Ibrox has been a far happier hunting ground in my 30 years watching us. I could rhyme off a handful of victories there off the top of my head and still be missing some. 

How is your team's record at both grounds?

Dundee's Ibrox record isn't totally awful, largely due to Rangers being total gubbins in the early 1980s. Off the top of my head we won a couple of league games there between 80-85 and also two cup ties. We also won 2-1 there in the season before the Bonetti era with an injury time Gavin Rae goal, then strolled to a 2-0 midweek win with Caniggia central to it all. We were also responsible for one of Rangers' biggest ever league home hidings with a 5-1 win there in Nov 1961 en-route to our only title. 

Different story at Parkhead, i think the only wins there in my lifetime were a 3-2 away in 1988 (we were 2-0 down in 15 mins, 3-2 up by half time) and a 2-0 win in 2000ish with the glorious Fabian Caballero scoring both, despite being down to 10 men for more than half the game. 

I've seen Hearts win at Ibrox (against Rangers, we also beat Falkirk there in 98) four times, the first being in 1996. In that period, we haven't won any games there that I haven't gone to. Our previous win there was in 1988 I think, so we're at an absolutely shite four wins in the last 35 years.

At Parkhead I'm a bit better, even glorious 98 Cup Final aside. I missed our League Cup win there in 2007, but I've still seen us win away at Celtic six times since 1992. One of those was in their season at Hampden, and the first one, the 2-1 win in '92, I sat in the home end with a neighbour who had a spare Celtic ticket as I wasn't allowed to go and stand with my uncles etc. Applying the same 35-year timescale as Ibrox, we're at 7 wins in three and a half decades.

Edited by VincentGuerin

Saints were the last team to visit Parkhead on League duty and leave with all three points 🙂

Our record at Celtic Park seems to be a bit better than it is at Ibrox. I've not seen us win in Govan since the late 80s.

I do find Celtic a far less intimidating place to visit as an away fan. Ibrox is just absolutely horrible and there always seems to be a scuffle or two on the way in and the way out.

Both are excellent stadiums but neither are great as a regular visiting fan for lots of different reasons. Price, restricted view at Celtic, getting pelted with all sorts at Ibrox, and usually getting humped into the bargain. I hardly bother going to either now to be honest with you.

Three wins at Celtic Park since 1998, but also since 1971.

It was 1-0 on each occasion, Nick Dasovic in 1998, Dave Mackay in 2011 and Danny Swanson in 2015. That was the last midweek home match that Celtic lost in the league.

Four wins at Ibrox since 2006, three of them in cup competitions. Like above, same number of wins if you stretch it back to 1971 though.

Beat them 2-0 in League Cup QF in 2006 as a First Division side (Steven Milne double), 3-1 a round earlier when they were a Championship side in 2015 (Davidson, Lappin, O'Halloran) and then in the Scottish Cup QF a couple of years ago when they forgot to mark Zander Clark at a corner in stoppage time.

A league win just before Xmas in 2017 which came from nowhere. Even Denny Johnstone scored.

Been fortunate enough to be at all the games other than, obviously, the one without a crowd.

4 minutes ago, Radford said:

Three wins at Celtic Park since 1998, but also since 1971.

It was 1-0 on each occasion, Nick Dasovic in 1998, Dave Mackay in 2011 and Danny Swanson in 2015. That was the last midweek home match that Celtic lost in the league.

Four wins at Ibrox since 2006, three of them in cup competitions. Like above, same number of wins if you stretch it back to 1971 though.

Beat them 2-0 in League Cup QF in 2006 as a First Division side (Steven Milne double), 3-1 a round earlier when they were a Championship side in 2015 (Davidson, Lappin, O'Halloran) and then in the Scottish Cup QF a couple of years ago when they forgot to mark Zander Clark at a corner in stoppage time.

A league win just before Xmas in 2017 which came from nowhere. Even Denny Johnstone scored.

Been fortunate enough to be at all the games other than, obviously, the one without a crowd.

Still grinds my gears that goal wasn't given to Clark. Regardless of who actually touched it last.

Parkhead

P - 24

W - 2

D - 2

L - 20

Wins were there the John Barnes Super Caley Go Ballistic game and we also won 1-0 in 2012 under Terry Butcher.

Draws were both 2-2 - in 2010 we came from 2-0 down to draw in the game where the refs went on strike.  We drew 2-2 early in the 2013/14 season after going 2-0 up in the first half.

I have attended every game Caley haven't lost at Celtic Park.

Ibrox

P - 14

W - 3

D - 4

L - 7

Wins were in 2006 when Graham Bayne scored a winner against the Le Guen Rangers side, 2009 when Ian Black socred a last minute penalty for a win in our first relegation season and in 2012 when we won 3-0 in the League cup on Halloween in an absolutely glorious tanking, which should've been more than three.

Draws in 2005, 2007 and 2010, I remember Craig Dargo scoring a belter from 25 yards in one of them.  Surprised how decent a record we have at Ibrox actually.

Never played ay Parkhead but lost 3-0 to Celtic at Hampden when they were based there. Scudded 4-0 at Ibrox but drew 1-1 with Rangers at Tynecastle - McCoist equalised with five minutes to go and he was bloody offside.