Your record at Ibrox & Parkhead

Haven't been to either ground for a game v Motherwell in over a decade now.  Most of the reasons are covered by @Div earlier in the thread.

Have never seen Motherwell win at either ground.  Last time I watched Motherwell at Celtic Park, it was a 4-0 drubbing around 2010 when Robbie Keane scored and James Forrest got his first Celtic goal.  My last one for Motherwell at Ibrox was a 0-0 draw in what turned out to be the final home for the old Rangers.

Have been to both grounds since for Scotland games.

Our record against Rangers is comedically bad, so it's been the occasional draw at Ibrox over the past couple of decades and that's it - the playoff win pays for all though. What? You want to see Ainsworth's goal to make it 3-0 again? OK.

Parkhead only marginally better since we've actually managed a couple of wins in living memory.

Overall - garbage - and I'm genuinely amazed that even die-hards turn up for these.

ETA - personally witnessed a good few wins in the late 80's and 90's at both grounds - gave up going completely by 2000, save for the playoff game, a single Scottish cup game at Ibrox where we blew it after Moult put us a goal up with 20 to go and a single league cup game where Rangers were in the 4th tier, we were 2nd in the league and they pumped us - literally the angriest I've been after a football game.

Edited by Swello

3 hours ago, ICTChris said:

Parkhead

P - 24

W - 2

D - 2

L - 20

Ibrox

P - 14

W - 3

D - 4

L - 7

I opened the thread thinking we had a much better record against Celtic. Must’ve erased all the 4+ goal drubbings from my memory. 

Have never actually seen us play either OF at their stadium, refuse to sit behind a barrier at Parkhead and don’t fancy getting pelted with coins & lighters at Ibrox. 

3 minutes ago, Central Belt Caley said:

I opened the thread thinking we had a much better record against Celtic. Must’ve erased all the 4+ goal drubbings from my memory. 

Have never actually seen us play either OF at their stadium, refuse to sit behind a barrier at Parkhead and don’t fancy getting pelted with coins & lighters at Ibrox. 

Yeah, we have taken quite a few hammerings there, three 5-0 and three 6-0 defeats over the years.

1 hour ago, Swello said:

ETA - personally witnessed a good few wins in the late 80's and 90's at both grounds - gave up going completely by 2000, save for the playoff game, a single Scottish cup game at Ibrox where we blew it after Moult put us a goal up with 20 to go and a single league cup game where Rangers were in the 4th tier, we were 2nd in the league and they pumped us - literally the angriest I've been after a football game.

Worse than that. We were actually top of the league.

554967003_Screenshot2023-01-05at18_20_02.thumb.png.20be50f8e8d52fba29315ba0e84105fa.png
1080325367_Screenshot2023-01-05at18_19_34.thumb.png.6e92ca9e9b0b3c7019eb878ab76c3162.png

United's record at Ibrox is better than Celtic Park although not exactly  great.

I have seen us win/draw a few games since the 80s.

Unfortunately  our record against Celtic could be best described  as utter dugshite.

I will happily leave it somebody else to provide the gim stats as too painful to go look them up.

Our record against the OF at Hampden is ever worse.  Although that win in 94...what a day!!!

In the whole time i have been watching Raith, i think we have only won once in a scottish cup tie at ibrox, 1957 our last win before that. unless you are counting the 94 final which was drawn after 120 minutes. I certainly haven’t seen us win at parkhead. 1961 the last time we won there in any competition.

For any happiness here, I have to go with my initial personal record. My first four Ibrox matches were at the start of the 70s and heralded two wins and two draws, including one watched by a loyal crowd of 16,000. Celtic Park in the same period not as good with a win and a draw for my first two visits and both crowds in excess of 60,000.

50 minutes ago, Sugar_Army said:

United's record at Ibrox is better than Celtic Park although not exactly  great.

I have seen us win/draw a few games since the 80s.

Unfortunately  our record against Celtic could be best described  as utter dugshite.

I will happily leave it somebody else to provide the gim stats as too painful to go look them up.

Our record against the OF at Hampden is ever worse.  Although that win in 94...what a day!!!

The admin game and the neutral venue semi at Ibrox both immediately spring to mind, but I think our last league win there was 2011?

IIRC we now haven’t won at Celtic Park for over 30 years, including the 2014 cup final against St Johnstone

My proud personal record at Ibrox with ICT is P7, W3, D3, L1. If I had stayed away on Xmas eve 2016, the season we were relegated, I would have an unbeaten record.
Parkhead, only won once, the famous ballistic game in 2000.

2 hours ago, Mark Connolly said:

The admin game and the neutral venue semi at Ibrox both immediately spring to mind, but I think our last league win there was 2011?

IIRC we now haven’t won at Celtic Park for over 30 years, including the 2014 cup final against St Johnstone

Our last win at Celtic Park was Boxing Day 1992. Duncan Ferguson got the winner.

4 hours ago, Mark Connolly said:

It just goes to show my attempts to erase that final from my memory is paying dividends as I could have sworn it was at Hampden.

It's strange that some teams have better records against either cheek.

We, Aberdeen and Hibs are better against Rangers* and it feels like Hearts, Motherwell and St Mirren do better against Celtic.