Signs you are getting old…

TxRover

26 minutes ago, bennett said:

Don't know if it's been mentioned but thinking that folk like the polis and doctors look awfy young to be doing that job.

Yeah, you look at some of the Bobbies (had to take care writing that!) nowadays and I think, there's no way you would be able to stop me if I was committing a crime and wanted away.

On 05/02/2023 at 15:18, Ross. said:

Was at my brothers wedding last week. I didn’t know a single lyric to most of the music they had playing at the reception.

Yip seen some of that brit awards on tv last night and basically went "who are they or who's that " 

My missus was talking to her family just before lunch there. Asked me to back her up on something or other about some woman we know. I asked what woman she was talking about, she provided more detail, I replied “You mean that young lassie that…”. I’m one step away from thinking my GP is too young to be a qualified doctor.

Edited by Ross.

5 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

I must have been old before my time as I felt this way decades ago

I mean, I don’t usually watch it. I just find myself increasingly getting infuriated at the whole culture of celebrity. It’s absolutely pathetic. 

I have no issue with celebrating supremely talented people in their field and enjoying their work but the celeb stuff is so nauseating. They’re all smug c***s. 

But even worse than them is the sycophantic public that facilitate this nonsense. It’s why the tv is crammed full of ‘reality’ shows of celebrities making an arse of themselves in the most unentertaining ways because you’ve got these lifeless idiots fawning over every word that comes out their mouth. f**k them. 

Rant over, maybe. 

3 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

I mean, I don’t usually watch it. I just find myself increasingly getting infuriated at the whole culture of celebrity. It’s absolutely pathetic. 

I have no issue with celebrating supremely talented people in their field and enjoying their work but the celeb stuff is so nauseating. They’re all smug c***s. 

But even worse than them is the sycophantic public that facilitate this nonsense. It’s why the tv is crammed full of ‘reality’ shows of celebrities making an arse of themselves in the most unentertaining ways because you’ve got these lifeless idiots fawning over every word that comes out their mouth. f**k them. 

Rant over, maybe. 

Panem et circenses

Except the panem is not very affordable these days.

On 05/02/2023 at 11:37, johnnydun said:

Yeah, you look at some of the Bobbies (had to take care writing that!) nowadays and I think, there's no way you would be able to stop me if I was committing a crime and wanted away.

You'd probably get your baws tazered

On 23/01/2023 at 17:52, Shadow Play said:

I’ve had a total hip replacement 3 months ago.  Despite my surgeon saying I’m young to be getting the operation the whole thing has made me feel really old.  

I had my right done when I was 43 (11 years ago), too much sport my surgeon reckoned. It took about a year to be 100% for range of motion, but has been brilliant ever since.

Both knees and the other hip are now "showing signs" but I really dont want another op so concentrating on muscle exercises round the joints.

Good luck, keep doing the theraband exercises to build it up.

Not something I do, but a few mates say they "sit down" to have a pee as its more comfy.

I was gobsmacked when this was mentioned by one mate in the pub about 3 years ago, and almost fell off the chair when 3 others said "aye, me too" !!

28 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

I had my right done when I was 43 (11 years ago), too much sport my surgeon reckoned. It took about a year to be 100% for range of motion, but has been brilliant ever since

I was skimming through this thread, saw the previous post before this one, and thought you were taking about yer baws! :lol:

1 hour ago, Leith Green said:

Not something I do, but a few mates say they "sit down" to have a pee as its more comfy.

I was gobsmacked when this was mentioned by one mate in the pub about 3 years ago, and almost fell off the chair when 3 others said "aye, me too" !!

What kind of pub was this in?