The P45 showdown. Hibs v Aberdeen.

1 hour ago, Lofarl said:

Has there ever been a case where an opposing manager has been sacked at an away ground so suddenly?  There’s been countless times a manager has in effect lost their job at an away ground.  But it’s normally formalised many hours later or over the next few days.  It was about 30 mins was it not?

Was McNamara not sacked by United at McDiarmid ?

17 minutes ago, AJF said:

That’s kind of my point. When you have pretty much every other fan base saying that (some, not all) Hearts fans have turned into complete melts recently, then I think that tells you it’s maybe an issue with them rather than the rest of us. I think an inward look is required here.

There are quite a few decent Hearts posters on here.

I think that even the best of us can - on occasion - turn Jekyl and Hyde now and then, sometimes if drink has been taken. I will hold my hands up to that particular one................😬

Also, we all like to take the piss, which is fair game - but, there is a small subsection of that support who are displaying levels of Hubris that are probably unknown outside of the 10 IAR threads. 

We will soon see pictures of the trophy cabinet being polished up to accept that Third Place Cup they are on track to win..........................

10 minutes ago, Stylish Kid said:

I don't understand why he didn't go out like the dressing room door or something? I know nothing of the geography of ER, perhaps it's a quicker way out? Is it closer to the train station/his car? I feel it raises many questions 

Its euphemistically called the players car park. Some officials park in front of the West, some players and managers park there.

In reality its a bit of waste ground that will no doubt be monetised by uncle Ron fairly soon...................

Edited by Leith Green

2 hours ago, Lofarl said:

Has there ever been a case where an opposing manager has been sacked at an away ground so suddenly?  There’s been countless times a manager has in effect lost their job at an away ground.  But it’s normally formalised many hours later or over the next few days.  It was about 30 mins was it not?

Fairly certain it didn't take Jack Ross long to get sacked after the Livingston result, possibly within an hour or two. 

4 minutes ago, Chefki Kuqi said:

Fairly certain it didn't take Jack Ross long to get sacked after the Livingston result, possibly within an hour or two. 

He may have been fired that day, but the announcement was the day afterward. The time difference between the final whistle and the announcement of Goodwin's sacking was just the time required for Dave Cormack's PA to ask someone for the wifi password at Easter Road and hit send.

1 hour ago, Stylish Kid said:

I don't understand why he didn't go out like the dressing room door or something? I know nothing of the geography of ER, perhaps it's a quicker way out? Is it closer to the train station/his car? I feel it raises many questions 

Probably because he would be hounded by the media going out the front entrance.

There is a car park is by the front entrance but there is another at the back.

1A406BDD-FD94-4939-8029-BB9964127D6F.thumb.jpeg.895955b2fa0e5b0d828fccb41948053d.jpeg

Jim Goodwin was a fierce competitor on the pitch.

There is no doubt that he over stepped the mark at times during his playing career with certain challenges. 

When I have met him he came across as a thoroughly decent human being. 

He will have done his best to bring success at Aberdeen but ultimately circumstances and results proved all too much. 

I honestly believe he has been let down by these modern day journeymen footballers who are often only with clubs on a short term basis. 

I sincerely hope he recovers from this situation and takes some lessons. 

There will be many critics in the media and on social media ripping him to shreds. 

But at least he had the conviction as a player and a manager to stand up and try to do his best for every club he was employed by.

Many of those dishing out insults don’t have the courage or the mental strength to take on the challenges that he has faced in his career.

I wish him all the success in what he plans to do next. 

Btw I’d have preferred if the Dons had kept him until after midweek game against St Mirren as I fear the dreaded bounce that those players will ultimately have a point to prove to the next manager.

13 hours ago, AJF said:

What on earth was Shinnie doing for Campbell’s second goal, the header from the corner?

Absolute dreadful, just stood there and made no effort to cut the ball out or make it difficult for him. Just gave him a free run at it.

Ball watching.

Just now, Insaintee said:

Not really 

Is it not? Getting all bent out of shape over football results and calling people misogynistic de facto rapists? I would say it’s a massive leap. To each their own though, I suppose. I have read AFC Chat and was surprised at the content. 😄

1 hour ago, Kyle Reese said:

Is it not? Getting all bent out of shape over football results and calling people misogynistic de facto rapists? I would say it’s a massive leap. To each their own though, I suppose. I have read AFC Chat and was surprised at the content. 😄

Proof. If proof be need be. 

2 hours ago, Kyle Reese said:

Why, 24hrs later, are you still doing this to yourself?

7 hours ago, AJF said:

That’s kind of my point. When you have pretty much every other fan base saying that (some, not all) Hearts fans have turned into complete melts recently, then I think that tells you it’s maybe an issue with them rather than the rest of us. I think an inward look is required here.

So no, it’s not surprising is it.

😀

Hearts are flying and Hibs and Aberdeen are floundering. Hearts fans take the piss, Hibs and Aberdeen fans take the petted lip and amazingly agree that Hearts fans are bellends.

f**k me, whodhavethunk it. 😀

It's fitba. We all have times when we get to dish it out and we all have times when we need to take it on the chin. Claims that gloating fans are embarrassing themselves are just a defence mechanism for those with absolutely nothing left, and the joyous, stone-cold fact that Hearts have reamed these two 'teams' 11-0 in recent weeks means this is all they have left.

Great thread. 😎

Edited by VincentGuerin

13 hours ago, bennett said:

Even I'm feeling sorry for Jim here.

Agreed.

He obviously totally needed sacked and it should have happened at the start of last week.

However, on a human level, the poor sod entered yesterday knowing it was going to be an incredibly stressful day.  We've all felt that way at work, but we're not usually on the brink of being sacked, and it's not usually in any kind of public glare.

His day must have begun nervously, and then proceeded to go more hideously wrong than he could have possibly feared.

It definitely had comical elements, but it's possible to both think his fate was fully deserved and to feel a degree of sympathy.

Edited by Monkey Tennis