Beale's Weasels 🇬🇧Vs Ian's Angels 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿- Rangers 🔵⚪️🔴Vs Thistle🟡🔴⚫️

jagfox

1 minute ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

By the letter of the law aye, but there’s no way that one tackle would have him clean through on goal from that situation if we weren’t about to launch the ball back to them.

Maybe we should all stop pretending that it’s sporting to punt the ball back up the pitch and just resume play after stoppages in play? 

1 minute ago, Stylish Kid said:

I can see why Tilman made the mistake. Unfortunately the reply of the previous incident covered what happened. But clearly Thistle were not set for a quick press and noone on the Rangers team pressed, even was gesturing for the ball to be played up to the Rangers half. Even once Tillman won the ball, they ambled forward.

TL:DR: Tillman totally misread the situation and came out of it rightly looking like an idoit 

Not sure how he looked like an idiot. People going on about sportsmanship look more like idiots fwiw. 

10 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Haven’t been following the game that much but having caught up on what happened I can’t see what Tillman did wrong. If Kevin Holt had managed to actually control the ball then it wouldn’t have happened. The ball was in play and Tillman won it back high up the pitch.

I’m with you.  I don’t think Tillman did anything wrong.  That said, the Rangers fans’ reaction was as hilarious as it was unsurprising.  

10 minutes ago, Uncle Psychosis said:

Its the hope that kills you. 🙄

I get you, and yes I agree. However, console yourself that Rangers just  sneaked through on a budget that dewarfs Patrick’s. A budget that has been gained by leveraging sectarianism as a money making mechanism at the expense of the wider societal expense. The moral victory does not get a trophy but it’s yours.

5 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Not sure how he looked like an idiot. 

Aye right enough Football managers regularly order their teams to concede a goal after their own players behave totally reasonably. 

Tilman, Mcgregor, and most of ibrox (judging by the boos) coming across as total clowns in those few minutes. 

Edited by Uncle Psychosis

2 minutes ago, Uncle Psychosis said:

Aye right enough Football managers regularly order their teams to concede a goal after their own players behave totally reasonably. 

Tilman, Mcgregor, and most of ibrox (judging by the boos) coming across as total clowns in those few minutes. 

Was McGregor not just having a bit of a laugh?  

3 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

Would they have been as sporting if it had happened against another of the Glasgow clubs?

Or if it was in the actual final? Or if it was in the last five minutes of the game? 

1 minute ago, Savage Henry said:

I’m with you.  I don’t think Tillman did anything wrong.  That said, the Rangers fans’ reaction was as hilarious as it was unsurprising.  

The **** being spewing at anything is funny tbh but I feel like even I’d be spewing if Bullen pulled a stunt like that. 

1 minute ago, Uncle Psychosis said:

Football managers regularly order their teams to concede a goal after their own players make a c**t of something. 

How regularly? In recent times I can recall one other manager doing it and it was Bielsa when Leeds played Villa a few years ago. 

8 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Maybe we should all stop pretending that it’s sporting to punt the ball back up the pitch and just resume play after stoppages in play?

Maybe, but in the context that that sort of thing happens every single week all over the world, then it’s a dick move by Tillman. And as I say, if the throw was to be contested, then we’d have set up totally differently, so that goal wouldn’t have happened - at least not in the way it did. 

3 minutes ago, Uncle Psychosis said:

Football managers regularly order their teams to concede a goal after their own players make a c**t of something. 

Tillman had been on the deck and wasn't aware of what was going on. If the Thistle player could trap a bag of cement, nothing would have happened. 

Neither penalty was valid. 

Thistle, despite being gifted 2 goals were well beaten. 

Crowd were what every crowd everywhere would be like. To pretend otherwise is pathetic. 

6 minutes ago, shizzlemanizzle said:

I get you, and yes I agree. However, console yourself that Rangers just  sneaked through on a budget that dewarfs Patrick’s. A budget that has been gained by leveraging sectarianism as a money making mechanism at the expense of the wider societal expense. The moral victory does not get a trophy but it’s yours.

Sneaked? Thistle given 2 goals and were still well beaten. Not to mention half the team in the first half had barely kicked a ball for us this season so far. 

Absolutely pathetic attempt at a dig for no reason other than Rangers won. 

8 minutes ago, Renfrewblue said:

Tillman had been on the deck and wasn't aware of what was going on. If the Thistle player could trap a bag of cement, nothing would have happened. 

Neither penalty was valid. 

Thistle, despite being gifted 2 goals were well beaten. 

Crowd were what every crowd everywhere would be like. To pretend otherwise is pathetic. 

Using your logic Rangers we’re gifted all 3 goals 

Rangers were pish. I'm actually quite pissed off with the winning goal. 

The home side offered nothing from open play but Tiffoney managed to run half the length of the park to grab an equaliser, with no Rangers defender near him. 

What a team...

1 hour ago, Judy Murray said:

To the throbber wearing a Union Jack shirt in the lychee oriental. Get it up ye

That's unsurprisingly staunch of Throbber, fair play. 

Just now, Jinky67 said:

Using your logic Rangers we’re gifted all 3 goals 

So close to maximum banter for you tonight,  luckily we scraped our way clear.

3 minutes ago, Renfrewblue said:

Sneaked? Thistle given 2 goals and were still well beaten. Not to mention half the team in the first half had barely kicked a ball for us this season so far. 

Absolutely pathetic attempt at a dig for no reason other than Rangers won. 

Sorry Renfrewblue. Yeah. Sneaked. 3-2 mate. As in, 1 goal in it. What is Rangers annual turnover? I’m not expecting you to know Particks annual turnover but it’s considerably less than Rangers. I might add, none of particks turnover has been leveraged by sectarianism. 

image.gif.3eec5b7a30eed1dd255d66f8b74b60aa.gif

I don't know where to start with this game, it's been a while since we've had a crazy game like this.

Without sounding patronising I thought that Thistle were right in about this and gave everything,  we certainly took it lightly and nearly paid the price. 

I've a feeling that once things calm down and common sense returns most bears will agree that Beale did the right thing,  passions, emotions and act first, think later.

A nice comment from Ian McCall,   Ian McCall: I don’t think Tillman realised what he was doing at the goal. I don’t bear him any ill-will. A bit of class has gone out of football in general lately but Michael Beale showed it today. It reflects very well on this football club and him as a man.