Beale's Weasels 🇬🇧Vs Ian's Angels 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿- Rangers 🔵⚪️🔴Vs Thistle🟡🔴⚫️

jagfox

Thought we were excellent first half. Managed to contain Rangers, who had no real chances. I'd have been raging if that penalty was given against us. Rangers obviously better in the second half, another dubious penalty decision given it was outside the box but cracking save from Sneddon regardless brave for a keeper to stay in the middle. Credit to Beale for the sportsmanship shown after the Tillman goal,  bit disappointed with conceding from a set-piece late on however, pleasing that it didn't seem to stop us and we still fought until the end.

He's not deserved much if any credit for anything recently but McCall got his team and tactics spot on - it was good to see us have a go whilst not allowing Rangers to completely open us up (like had happened in the cup match v. Aberdeen). 

34 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

And what? I can’t say I’m overly bothered if people disagree with me. 

And nothing. I said what I thought in my previous post. You think you’re right and I think you’re wrong. To the letter of the law, the ball was in play and there to be played for. Precedence, not just in Scottish football, and sporting integrity has deemed my viewpoint to be right. Phone Michael Beale if you still don't agree.

Only watched at the pub as had the fear we'd get horsed. Knew at half time theyd make subs and look better 2nd half + we've had a few games this season where we'll play well for one half and be dire in the other. Tired out too, probably needed to be two up to cling on which was an awful lot to ask of us, but all in all went better than expected.

Bannigan outside the box for the penalty?? Also thought ours was harsh but we'd played well enough to that point that, harsh or not, we merited being 1-0 up.

Feel bad for mcavoy as did well for a young loanee thats not long joined us.

Take the money and run, didnt look ram packed but any £ towards fixing Lows mess is welcome.

4 minutes ago, shizzlemanizzle said:

And nothing. I said what I thought in my previous post. You think you’re right and I think you’re wrong. To the letter of the law, the ball was in play and there to be played for. Precedence, not just in Scottish football, and sporting integrity has deemed my viewpoint to be right. Phone Michael Beale if you still don't agree.

And that’s fine. My argument is the precedence is itself wrong and hopefully more players do stuff like what Tillman did. 

Fair play to Beale. The hand-wringing over fair play from footballers who throw themselves to the deck constantly is revolting, but today's was so blatant that I am pleased he instructed his team to concede immediately. Chapeau.

I've been fairly impressed with him when he speaks on occasion too. The last interview I actually listened to him, the BBC twat was serving up some bullshit questions about comparisons between our top flight and the Barclays and English Championship. Beale was very respectful, didn't take him up on the headlines he wanted, and praised the managers and clubs in general in the SPFL.

2 hours ago, bennett said:

Today gets crazier, I thought that you guys played well too.

Guessing that it's down to league form?

1 hour ago, jagfox said:

I would assume so. 

😟

first i heard it was jumping in this thread, ill go over to our main club thread but im guessing we let McCall, Archie and Scally prepare for this match either as a courtesy to them or, being purely cynical, that McCall has historically set us up pretty well in cup games against Rangers/so as not to disrupt preparation for the match. I guess the decision to get rid was made after the Hamilton and Cove defeats, but then it'd be weird to announce this had we clung on and snuck through on penalties?

I'm wondering if there is a bit more to it, our subs bench against Accies had no first team players in it and iirc it never got explained as an injury/illness crisis or anything at the time, just brushed over and we had a fuller bench the week after against Cove.

4 hours ago, shizzlemanizzle said:

Sorry Renfrewblue. Yeah. Sneaked. 3-2 mate. As in, 1 goal in it. What is Rangers annual turnover? I’m not expecting you to know Particks annual turnover but it’s considerably less than Rangers. I might add, none of particks turnover has been leveraged by sectarianism. 

image.gif.3eec5b7a30eed1dd255d66f8b74b60aa.gif

Money obviously matters but its not a guarantee of success, so your point on turnover is guff. Otherwise we'd have accountants comparing spreadsheets instead of football games. 

If you saw the game you'll know it was never in doubt at any point in the 2nd half. "Sneaked" is polishing the turd. 

And the sectarianism has absolutely heehaw to do with what happens on the pitch. I'd gladly see us drop revenue to ditch the bigots but they don't take to the pitch. 

9 hours ago, Savage Henry said:

Was McGregor not just having a bit of a laugh?  

indeed - McGregor the clown prince of goalies always looking for a bit of light hearted japery.  

7 hours ago, thepundit said:

Fair do’s to Thistle. I thought they would park the bus and try to get a goal on the counter but they tried to play Rangers at their own game which can go horribly wrong for teams at Ibrox.

Certainly did for Liverpool, Ajax and Napoli. 

8 hours ago, Albertlegend said:

I don't think either were penalties, the hand ball rule is a joke

Scottish refs interpretation of the handball rule is the shocker. Seems to be applied sensibly elsewhere - for some reason Scottish officials have gone with a blitzed approach. Maybe easier for them to take away any nuance or grey area. 

7 hours ago, GroundHoppingBear said:

I was there in the GF and at no point did I think McGregor was making a serious attempt to actually stop it. But of course that is just completely overlooked.

why didn't the regularly overly aggressive and incendiary McGregor not allow the Thistle player to roll the ball unchallenged into the net as pretty much every other goalkeeper would do? Having a "laugh", playing to the crowd, being a dick etc etc. You can pretty much picture perma-rage's reaction if it were vice versa; let's not overlook that. 

22 minutes ago, KingRocketman II said:

indeed - McGregor the clown prince of goalies always looking for a bit of light hearted japery.  

Certainly did for Liverpool, Ajax and Napoli. 

Scottish refs interpretation of the handball rule is the shocker. Seems to be applied sensibly elsewhere - for some reason Scottish officials have gone with a blitzed approach. Maybe easier for them to take away any nuance or grey area. 

why didn't the regularly overly aggressive and incendiary McGregor not allow the Thistle player to roll the ball unchallenged into the net as pretty much every other goalkeeper would do? Having a "laugh", playing to the crowd, being a dick etc etc. You can pretty much picture perma-rage's reaction if it were vice versa; let's not overlook that. 

Don’t really care tbh I’d have loved McGregor to have saved it.