Beale's Weasels 🇬🇧Vs Ian's Angels 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿- Rangers 🔵⚪️🔴Vs Thistle🟡🔴⚫️

jagfox

19 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Maybe, but in the context that that sort of thing happens every single week all over the world, then it’s a dick move by Tillman. And as I say, if the throw was to be contested, then we’d have set up totally differently, so that goal wouldn’t have happened - at least not in the way it did. 

Maybe now that Tillman has done it then more players will rightfully follow suit and we can drop the charade. 

Thought Thistle were very good first half and well worthy of their lead. Haven’t seen their penalty incident back but looked innocuous at the time.

A big improvement in the second half, fortunate enough we could call on a strong bench and we started to play better.

The big Tillman talking point: I can see why he challenged for the ball. It never looked convincing that Thistle were giving us the ball back, particularly given that Thistle pressed right up on our centre backs. Plus Tillman never seen us kick the ball out. That said, I think it was the right thing to do in letting them score though. Likelihood is they probably would’ve launched it up the park and pressed us up as much as they could so letting them score takes away any doubt.

Raskin looks like he will be very handy, albeit needs a bit more game time in his legs.

An entertaining cup tie (second half anyway). Thistle looked pretty good.

Edited by AJF

9 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Maybe now that Tillman has done it then more players will rightfully follow suit and we can drop the charade. 

I really think you are digging a hole for yourself unnecessarily. Sporting integrity, precedent suggests so too. You can have your opinions on both of those but you will be swimming against the tide.

If we played the first half Rangers 11 for the whole game we might have won, but it was obvious we would struggle to hold on once subs were made and they stepped it up.

Where in the name of f**k was the boy Cantwell signed from, and how much was paid for him? What a dud.

34 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Was McGregor not just having a bit of a laugh?  

Any reasonably objective observer would answer in the affirmative. Indeed I thought he was playing to type.

The fans that booed the procedure were certainly playing to type but I guess we'll never know just how many did so with humour in their hearts.

17 minutes ago, shizzlemanizzle said:

I really think you are digging a hole for yourself unnecessarily. Sporting integrity, precedent suggests so too. You can have your opinions on both of those but you will be swimming against the tide.

And what? I can’t say I’m overly bothered if people disagree with me. 

1 hour ago, GNU_Linux said:

Michael Bheale

Mick Bheale

1 hour ago, alta-pete said:

*awful. And I think you’ve got a gas leak…

Try highlighting the actual incorrectly spelled word if you want to act the smart arse. 

I don't think either were penalties, the hand ball rule is a joke and the Rangers penalty was outside the box. As for the Tillman incident, he was on the deck so I'm not convinced he knew who put the ball out.

Rangers fans slating Beale for giving them the goal is poor form but I'm all for a bit shit housery from Mcgregor on this occasion. 

In general though I think kicking the ball our giving it back etc should be fucked out the game! 

Thistle were excellent first half and deserved their lead, could have been 2 at HT.

I think we played too many similar players and it was easy to see that lots were either coming back from injury or not played regular football.

Between Tillman and Raskin for my MOTM.

Totally disagree with Beales decision regarding the 2nd Partick goal. A great cup tie.

Fair do’s to Thistle. I thought they would park the bus and try to get a goal on the counter but they tried to play Rangers at their own game which can go horribly wrong for teams at Ibrox. Rangers didn’t play at their best either but I wouldn’t say we were woeful.

Regarding our second goal, I think Tillman was rolling around on the floor and didn’t see that a Rangers player had put the ball out so he could get treatment. That misunderstanding then led to the goal. Absolutely the correct decision to allow them to score an equaliser and Greegsy obviously isn’t trying to stop the lad from scoring.

Great sportsmanship which made it an honourable win in the end. That said, it’s easy to allow a team an equaliser to make it 2-2. To play devils advocate, had Tillmans goal been in the last minute of the game and it was to level the score at 1-1 rather than 2-1 to Rangers, would any club let the opposition score again to dump you out of a tournament?…… I have my doubts, lol.

Still, well played Partick and their fans were excellent also.