Raith Rovers v Motherwell (Scottish Cup Round 5)

roverthemoon

3 hours ago, Paco said:

And Scott Brown our captain is definitely suspended, which leaves us with no holding midfielders given the club captain Ross Matthews is the other holding midfielder and he’s almost definitely out for the season. 

Turns out Brown isn't suspended because we entered at round 3 stage.

Flashbacks to one of the posters on here, possibly @Yoss, who alerted the club that Grant Murray wasn't suspended for our Scottish Cup quarter final match up against Dundee despite what had been said in the media. Murray played abd subsequently put in a phenomenal performance.

Very much looking forward to this one. An absolute free hit and a good chance to see where we're at. 

24 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

The 3-3 match would have been the 93-94 season and it was the penultimate match. Peter Hetherston scored the freekick. We went to Tannadice in the last match and beat Dundee United the week before they won the Scottish Cup. Of course, we had been relegated a few weeks beforehand so it was all too little too late.

Motherwell had an excellent team back then.

Arguably our best team of the modern era - Tommy McLean then handed it over to Alex McLeish to wreck.

The next season, we played Dortmund in Europe and despite playing brilliantly in the Westfalenstadion, Coyne missed a sitter so we never got our "Bayern 0 Raith Rovers 1" moment :)

2 hours ago, Alyn Stevenson said:

Unless I’ve misread or misunderstood this but it looks to me that Brown should be able to play on Saturday, we entered in R3 so have only played 2 games so far.

234A3145-C2F9-4FA8-A149-7DE7FB2A5FA9.jpeg

You and @Roy Raith are correct, I misread the rules as two yellows if entering Round 3 or after…mea culpa. Brown IS eligible.

An article in the Courier saying that Gullan and Vaughan will both miss tomorrow but haven't been ruled out of the weekend yet, though Gullan is thought the more likely to be fit.

If we can get through tomorrow night without any new injury or suspension issues and end up with Brown and Gullan starting on Saturday then we at least have half a chance.

Edited by Ro Sham Bo

On 05/02/2023 at 14:55, TxRover said:

RaithTV will be broadcasting (barring blackout inside UK for UEFA regs) it at https://www.raith.tv, but right now it’s the Dundee audio stream that’s being offered. Should come available about Thursday afternoon, probably at £12 if they can give domestic video, less for audio only.

Edit: Just looked at the schedule, and it looks like it will have to be audio only for UK fans, barring a VPN and a dodgy stream.

Asked Raith TV about this as I might be working abroad. Seems they are not allowed to sell individual match PPV so it needs to be a monthly or annual "abroad" subscription.

Utterly ridiculous state of play club TV find themselves in. Means folk are stuck with awful pixelot feeds sourced "illegally" Motherwell fans in particular miss out here while we have a really good TV service that is limited for providing a great service to both sets of fans.

ETA £19.99 for an overseas monthly pass, will likely just buy that to get decent coverage. 

Edited by The Tiel Burn

Any news on ticket sales yet ?

Just mentioned on the Motherwell thread I reckon our lamentable form since the last round will likely knock off 500-750 from those that turned up v Arbroath. Still expect over 1000 but could have been double that and more had we just been above average.

Strangely enough I think many Well fans have low expectations so both teams seem to be in the same boat. But I also read somewhere you were unbeaten in your last 10 games and only 1 defeat in 11 in Kirkcaldy. If so I am surprised you are not more upbeat 🤷‍♂️

44 minutes ago, welldaft said:

Any news on ticket sales yet ?

Just mentioned on the Motherwell thread I reckon our lamentable form since the last round will likely knock off 500-750 from those that turned up v Arbroath. Still expect over 1000 but could have been double that and more had we just been above average.

Strangely enough I think many Well fans have low expectations so both teams seem to be in the same boat. But I also read somewhere you were unbeaten in your last 10 games and only 1 defeat in 11 in Kirkcaldy. If so I am surprised you are not more upbeat 🤷‍♂️

It's probably the fact that a large chunk of those matches have been draws. Our 10 game run includes two league wins against the bottom two sides in the division, challenge cup wins against Morton (on penalties) and Queens Park and a Scottish cup win against Linlithgow. The rest of the the matches have been draws. Of those wins, only the Morton challenge cup win was actually at home.

16 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

I like that boy Nolan's story.
I mind reading about him years ago but didn't know he was at raith.
How is he?

Absolutely what you'd expect from a defender with a solid grounding, but who has played fewer than 50 games. Solid for the most part, benefits from having someone talk him through a fame, makes the odd critical error. Doesn't look out of place in the Championship, and will improve with more game time.