Next permanent Scotland manager

Richey Edwards

253 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, coprolite said:

Empire building and colonialism was started by the English government /state through private enterprises, but it was still pretty much nascent and mainly a New World (except a scattering of small colonies) concern before the Act of Union. 

Most of the bad stuff that we know about happened after. 

Describing Scots as passengers (willing or otherwise) in an endeavour driven exclusively by "London" is as much wishful thinking as the trolling you replied to. 

I wish that Scots and Scotland hadn't been a major part of it too, but we were. 

I don't think there's anything factually incorrect in my post tbh. England was baw deep in the game in their attempt to rival the Iberian peninsula before the Union and that this was (and continued too be) led  by corporations based in London, often with Royal assent.

Nor was it an attempt to downplay Scotland's role, happy to change passengers to partners, our hands are as bloody as anyone's and there's no doubt it escalated massively once Scotland's intellectual and material resources were added after 1707. 

It was as you alluded to, a response to the (once again) disingenuous framing of the OP.

f**k me, I just switched the Angus Robertson thread to the Kate Forbes thread a couple of hours ago and she's shat the bed already?!

FS.

Yousaf is the best we have?

Nicola Sturgeon What GIF by The SNP

Edited by Ludo*1

Well that's bye bye Kate from me, all she had to say was they were going continue to challenge the right of Westminster to overrule legislation passed by 2/3rds of MSPs on a devolved matter, as a point of principle going forward. I really hope another candidate comes forward before Friday.

Forbes is too inexperienced Westminster and the spivs that work there will run rings round her. Yusef to a lesser extent as well but he'll lose the heid whi h will have potential for laughs. 

There's a real dearth of choices so far with all the experienced heads seeing Nicola as untouchable and don't want to burn their reputation even trying to follow her. 

I fear we may be approaching the SNP banter years. 

It's not exactly an inspiring choice.

Regan is clearly the outsider and there for the Cherry vote.

Yousaf has the anti-Midas touch - everything he does turns to shit.

Forbes - today's comments won't endear her to harder nationalists - and there's still the lingering doubts caused by her religious affiliations.

Still think Forbes will win it but almost because she isn’t the other two.

41 minutes ago, 101 said:

I guess this will see it challenged you can't have a new leader come in and completely destroy the government coalition.

What a shame it would be to lose Lorna Slater and their batshit mental ideas in the middle of a cost of living crisis. 

The best thing that a new leader can do is to put clear blue water between themselves and the past few years. Keeping the ball in Westminster's court to sort out transgender issues is absolutely a political win for the SNP. It is an obvious trap to pursue it through the courts, for a policy that is not a priority for the vast majority of people who aren't fighting each other on Twitter. 

Today news with Angus Robertson is a blow and I don't know who to vote for.

Don't know that much about Ash Regan apart from she voted against Gender Recognition Reform and is supported by Joanna Cherry so that is a massive negative. Humza Yousaf I don't rate too highly and Kate Forbes doesn't have much experience with horrible views against Gender Recognition Reform.

I can't see anyone from Westminster being first minister so unfortunately that will rule out Mhairi Black.

Edited by betting competition