Next permanent Scotland manager

Richey Edwards

253 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

48 minutes ago, Wingman said:

Interesting to see how correct Campbell of WOS has been regarding the SNP.

He’s banged on for years about the missing £600k with forensic analysis of their Accounts, he’s questioned the number of party members and he’s been on relentlessly about the shenanigans within the Sturgeon cabal.

I know he’s a bit iffy but his journalism is spot on.

Just a pity the Scottish media has been asleep at the wheel.

He's not "iffy", he's a creepy wee homophobic, transphobic bigot whose weirdo opinions can be safely launched into the nearest bin. 

1 hour ago, renton said:

Like what?

Membership numbers showing significant decline and not growth. The civil service providing assistance to one of the candidates. A continuity candidate being proposed and losing a few key members of the top team in a week. Membership numbers and ballots that don't appear to tally. Apart from that not much else to see here  

24 minutes ago, AyrExile said:

Membership numbers showing significant decline and not growth. The civil service providing assistance to one of the candidates. A continuity candidate being proposed and losing a few key members of the top team in a week. Membership numbers and ballots that don't appear to tally. Apart from that not much else to see here  

The first bit and third bit doesn't have any impact on the running of the election, and while continuity candidate may imply trying to maintain convergence with policy from the previous regime I don't think anyone voting Yousaf did so because they thought Liz Lloyd or Peter Murrell would be hanging around. The second and fourth parts are unfounded speculation.

I thought it was common knowledge that there had been a big drop in membership by the middle of last year? I don't get what Murrell had to gain by denying it, they were going to come out on Monday anyway. I can only think he said the Mail story was bollocks because the drop was attributed solely to GRR, and Murray Foote took it to mean that it was the numbers that were wrong. 

Edited by welshbairn

1 hour ago, ScotiaNostra said:

Do you think theres anything else is going to come out in the next few weeks/months in regards the SNP?  There just seems a certain distancing going on suddenly and you wonder is that just related to whats already happened or is there more. 

NS to unveil she actually is 'wee jimmy krankie'.

1 hour ago, Benjamin_Nevis said:

He's not "iffy", he's a creepy wee homophobic, transphobic bigot whose weirdo opinions can be safely launched into the nearest bin. 

He is right when it comes to the internal workings of the corrupt SNP.

53 minutes ago, Jeff Venom said:

Am I missing something with this whole membership numbers thing? Who tf cares? 

The candidates for first minister who brought it up?

The media gadgie and Murrell who resigned over it?

3 hours ago, welshbairn said:

I thought it was common knowledge that there had been a big drop in membership by the middle of last year? I don't get what Murrell had to gain by denying it, they were going to come out on Monday anyway. I can only think he said the Mail story was bollocks because the drop was attributed solely to GRR, and Murray Foote took it to mean that it was the numbers that were wrong. 

I think that's a very naive interpretation.

4 hours ago, Benjamin_Nevis said:

Add “overt racist” to that as well.

5 minutes ago, Jeff Venom said:

That certainly answers the second part of my post. Perhaps I should've asked why should/does anyone care? 

It's quite clear it would be the subject of extensive debate. Any members organisation that lost so many members should really be working out why they lost them. Mike Russell, the SNP President (now interim CEO) didn't even know the figures! I find that remarkable.

How can you debate the leadership of an organisation and not know the state of the finances or the grass routes (ie. members)?

The number of people doing a Mhairi Hunter and giving it "I don't care" is because they'd rather bury their heads in the sand than accept the abject leadership of the party that they were complicit in. Those who were challenging Murrell and the cabal around Sturgeon on transparency have been proven right. As hard is that is to accept.

3 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

It's quite clear it would be the subject of extensive debate. Any members organisation that lost so many members should really be working out why they lost them. Mike Russell, the SNP President (now interim CEO) didn't even know the figures! I find that remarkable.

How can you debate the leadership of an organisation and not know the state of the finances or the grass routes (ie. members)?

The number of people doing a Mhairi Hunter and giving it "I don't care" is because they'd rather bury their heads in the sand than accept the abject leadership of the party that they were complicit in. Those who were challenging Murrell and the cabal around Sturgeon on transparency have been proven right. As hard is that is to accept.

Fair enough - I'm not, nor have ever been, a member of a party. I didn't care when Labour hemorrhaged members post-Corbyn (the sleeper cells, rite?) and it doesn't seem to bother enough people that a tiny proportion of the population (Tory party members) get to choose the latest conveyor-belted in PM. I know we like to hold the Scottish gov to a higher standard and that's fine, I just didn't quite get the furore around it.

10 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

Generally the same people who would have said it deosnt matter having a husband and wife in the top 2 roles

30 minutes ago, Jeff Venom said:

That certainly answers the second part of my post. Perhaps I should've asked why should/does anyone care? 

I thought it was the lying/being wrong/providing alternative facts that was the issue here rather than the numbers themselves? 

I still naively expect some basic level of integrity out of political types and for them to put some effort into obfuscation and providing a misleading impression of the facts without actually lying. A dying art. 

4 hours ago, renton said:

The first bit and third bit doesn't have any impact on the running of the election, and while continuity candidate may imply trying to maintain convergence with policy from the previous regime I don't think anyone voting Yousaf did so because they thought Liz Lloyd or Peter Murrell would be hanging around. The second and fourth parts are unfounded speculation.

A large swing in members either way would surely have a bearing in choosing a continuity candidate or a fresh face. I've yet to meet many people that rate Humza and he's now looking at a rebuild than carrying on a successful model

Liz Lloyd leaving abruptly would suggest there is truth in the story. Point 4 i will agree on though the innocent until proven guilty rule should switch here due to lack of transparency