Spain (a) in October

28 minutes ago, PSJ.84 said:

And there’s the first kettle, as expected. Watch out for Spanish polis. 

Been to some shiteholes in Europe but none scream out brutality like the Spanish.

Literally went for a pish and came put to see my dad and brother diving out the way of police throwing batons at every c**t.

Nasty rats only interested in violence. 

27 minutes ago, latapythelegend said:

Been to some shiteholes in Europe but none scream out brutality like the Spanish.

Literally went for a pish and came put to see my dad and brother diving out the way of police throwing batons at every c**t.

Just back to my gaff from the square where everyone was on it 

Never seen a single bit of bother

45 minutes ago, latapythelegend said:

Was on the walk back to the hotel there, Spanish police in full riot gear (One of those stun gun shotguns aswell) just get out the wagon, go in formation then chase a bunch of Scotland fans playing with a ball with some locals. 

I've a mate who can get by on Spanish and a local told him the local authorities weren't happy with Rangers fans? Or something like that so they're on edge. It's just bizarre. 

Went to the same stadium in 2021 for Spain v Sweden, they had tanks outside the stadium and soldiers everywhere. They definitely take the precautionary principle re crowd trouble, but then it was probably more about enforcing Covid rules than preventing a re-enactment of Ranger v Moscow Dynamo. Probably better off not waving about 50/50 Scotland/Catalan scarves though.

20 hours ago, Desp said:

I do wonder if Clarke will be tempted to start with Dykes as the lone striker. He was superb in the home game against Spain and it could be a case again for telling him to run himself into the ground for an hour, rattling as many Spaniards as possible along the way, before Adams (or A.N Other) comes on for the last part of the game.

Aye, be great to see LD start. Dykes is well suited to this type of game cos he can turn a 60/40 or even 70/30 ball in the opposition's favour in to his. He's an absolute monster to play against when it comes to balls played up to him. Exactly what we need in a game like this to relieve some of that pressure. 

Just now, deadasdillinger said:

Aye, be great to see LD start. Dykes is well suited to this type of game cos he can turn a 60/40 or even 70/30 ball in the opposition's favour in to his. He's an absolute monster to play against when it comes to balls played up to him. Exactly what we need in a game like this to relieve some of that pressure. 

I probably prefer Adams in these games as he's generally a more reliable out-ball whereas Dykes prefers the rough and tumble which can be very useful but isn't always helpful. They're both capable of being brilliant or terrible tonight, though, and I reckon Clarke will try and go with as close as possible to the team that beat them in March so Dykes will get the nod imo.

Gunn

Porteous Hendry Cooper

Hickey McTominay McGregor Robertson

McGinn Dykes Christie

can all these c***s predicting a hiding try and remember this is not the Spain squad of 2010 nor is it the Scotland squad of 2010 either. We actually have fuckin quality players now, Yes Spain are ranked higher than us but they don't have any right to beat us at home. For the 100th time, Enough of this fuckin stinking losers mentality