Spain (a) in October

Morata is on fire at the moment and is the one I fear the most tonight. 

Sadly for him we don't concede from open play in qualifying so he might have to hope someone lets him take a pelanty. 

I have a knot in my stomach right now and don't see it relaxing until about 9.30 tonight.

I have a very small part of me insisting that we'll win. That instinct has been reliable so far this year, apart from Engerland, but friendlies don't count.

Missing KT could become a problem, he adds a lot to this side - we all know that.

If we have to go totally anti-football to scrape out a 0-0, so be it. But if we win, then I will forever listen to that small part of me.

Prediction; 1-0 Scotland.

2 hours ago, eez-eh said:

I wish the Rodri obsession would stop tbh. It’s all a bit “wee guy”.

I thought McGinn nailed this in his interview, players can say things in the heat of the moment that they don't really mean and none of the Scotland squad care even if he did mean it. For me I think it shows where the Spain squad is right now, almost in denial about the level their team are currently at. When they get beaten by smaller nations who are on the up it causes them to look outwards for excuses rather than at themselves. 

That said, I hope we hunt these arseholes down and leather them like a Spanish polis looking for a Scotland fan. 

6 hours ago, D.V.T. said:

Long shot but staying over in a hotel in Manchester Airport tonight. Does anyone know if there’s a bar before security that would show football? 

Unless they upgraded since March theres hee haw bar wise before security, best bets one of the hotels.

1 hour ago, the snudge said:

Stupid night to have parents evening. Got my daughter to have a sly chat with the teacher to make sure it didn't clash with the game. 

Anyway, I'm also swinging between getting a complete an utter pasting and optimistically shitefesting a draw. I do think they are there to be wound up if we're clever about it. They seem to be a bit hot headed. 

1-1. Job done and on to Lille for the reserves to get a run out.

Rodri had his Keven Keagan moment at hampden, they won't like it if it's not going their way

1 hour ago, lau03143 said:

Definitely got to be Dykes up front for me... I think the ball sticks better with him, and we'll need an "out ball". 

I actually think Dykes is hopeless at making the ball stick, Adams has far better close control, passing and works space for himself better. However, Spain will presumably be looking to build play a lot from the back and Rodri and Dykes is more of a "presence" in those phases of play and disrupted them at Hampden very successfully.

4 minutes ago, MarkoRaj said:

That's his main attribute. Genuinely don't think he'd be near the Scotland squad if he couldn't hold it up

The joys of football. Dykes couldn't trap a bag of cement and struggles to bring others into play in tight situations.

He's in the squad because he's tremendous at attacking the ball in the box, he's an absolute beast of an athlete, makes life very difficult for centre halves and is defensively very responsible (as is Adams to be fair).

6 minutes ago, Virtual Insanity said:

The joys of football. Dykes couldn't trap a bag of cement and struggles to bring others into play in tight situations.

I just can't even comprehend how someone can watch him and think that

He's only started 3 games this campaign and he's had 2 absolutely brilliant assists

Not to mention his excellent link up play against Spain

14 minutes ago, Virtual Insanity said:

He's in the squad because he's tremendous at attacking the ball in the box, he's an absolute beast of an athlete, makes life very difficult for centre halves and is defensively very responsible (as is Adams to be fair).

That's a feat.

You've strawman you're own point.

4 hours ago, Empty It said:

Hope this is one of the worst games of football we could ever hope to watch and we get a win from a scrappy goal for maximum Spanish seethe.

PnB seethe in some quarters more like judging by some seemingly wishful predictions on here....

4 hours ago, Alan Twelve said:

I don't know. I reckon that right now there's probably six players who will always start if fit with the other five places up for grabs depending on form and tactics. I think Gilmour will probably make that seven by the time the Euros roll around, but I wouldn't be entirely shocked if he starts on the bench tonight. I hope he plays, mind.

Those six:

Gunn, Robertson, Tierney, Hickey, McGregor, McGinn

Yeah, not sure about this at all.

Robertson, Tierney, McGregor and McGinn for sure.

Grant Hanley is more of an automatic pick at this stage than Hickey is, and definitely more of an automatic pick than Gilmour is. Did you just forget about him because he's been out a while? I don't think Clarke's ever not picked him when fit. Hickey has made the right wing back slot his own in the last year with Patterson's injury problems but it's far from certain it won't swing back the other way.

And until we know how good Craig Gordon will be on his return to fitness I'm not sure we're yet at a stage of saying Gunn's an automatic pick, though I'd accept he's done so well he maybe would be anyway, given Gordon's age. I'd imagine if Gordon doesn't think he'll be first pick for Scotland at this stage he'll retire internationally rather than trail across the continent to sit on the bench.

4 hours ago, MarkoRaj said:

A flat 5 at the back without Tierney's energy to push into midfield is just inviting pressure

You need guys that can push up and win the ball back high up otherwise it's backs to the walls and could be a pumping

4 atb also allows us to play all of our midfielders plus Christie, who I think has to play when we are without the ball for long periods. No one presses like him

Christie in for Tierney, Ferguson in for Gilmour. No sitting in waiting to get beat and no lightweights today, ta.