Spain (a) in October

Just now, Melanius Mullarkay said:

In what way?

No fucking way you will get an answer to that, not even convinced he touched him, let alone blocking a line of sight. This is a travesty of a decision, sheer incompetence or downright cheating. It stinks.

8 minutes ago, Fratelli said:

Also, I cannot wait for Spanish Football to get the Lance Armstrong treatment. Pep will be a joke figure.

Look up "operacion Puerto". A doping investigation in 2006 involving a Spanish doctor called Fuentes. It brought down a lot of major figures in cycling, but he said during the investigation that cyclists were a small fraction of his clientele. The judge ordered that only the cyclists be investigated despite Fuentes saying that Spain should give back their WC and Euros trophies (it went to court in, I think, 2012). It was pretty clear that the cyclists were being thrown to the wolves to cover for footballers and tennis players who were part of a systematic doping program.

Just now, Mr. Brightside said:

While we're arguing about it, was he even offside?

I think you can argue it was. I don’t think Simon was getting to it but you can still argue Hendry interferes with any attempt he could have made.

But it’s somewhat irrelevant when it wasn’t given for offside.

3 minutes ago, Ewanandmoreagain said:

What are the permutations for qualifying ?

No offence mate but what planet are you on ?

How could u not know what Scotland need to do to qualify unless you have been kidnapped and held captive for the past 6 months 😂

5 minutes ago, SweeperDee said:

But it wasn’t a foul, was it? There was no interference either. It should have stood.

Of course it wasn't a foul, but that's what they disallowed the goal for.

I'm simply countering this made-up narrative of "but it was offside", believed only because UEFA, in post, changed the reasoning.

4 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Is Alan Hutton contrarian for the sake of it too? Look at the replay. He stops Simon coming for it.

No he doesn't. The keeper is never, ever getting to the ball and didn't even attempt to save it. 

1 minute ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Is Alan Hutton contrarian for the sake of it too? Look at the replay. He stops Simon coming for it.

Hendry was waving his arm around. He was hardly hauling him to the ground. There’s no way that was enough to prevent him from getting to the ball.