Fairytale Killers v Alloa

9 minutes ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Also worth noting that it was never a free kick in a million years for Alloa and PJ had also just been fouled. I'm not saying 3 wrongs make a right but Alloa were never getting a penalty for that.

Given we've not had a single penalty all season I'm sure you can understand our collective dismissal for such a soft claim 

As for the idiot abusing Rice about gambling, weed him out and ban him. Absolutely no need for that kind of behaviour 

Rowe is the first to pull Scougall's shirt so an easily justifiable decision.

I agree with the foul on PJ. I thought it would have been given too but those aren't very well defined and referees being referees make inconsistent decisions on them.

McKay's penalty the other day hit him in the arm of his shirt - which isn't a handball - Oliver's just ticks all the boxes so you've had at least one decision even itself out.

6 hours ago, LeodhasXD said:

Wachowski's were quite apt designating the blue pill in the Matrix ... That's not anywhere on the anatomy that can be called a back

Staying up till midnight to post that absolutely nothing clip isn't the win you think it is mate

Its clear for all to see how much that one idiot has impacted him, I genuinely don’t get people who go to the football and think that it’s acceptable in any way shape or form to do that. It does seem like a small section of our support leave their brain cells at the door on the way in. I’m all for rivalry in football but that is not banter and hopefully the club identify and come out with a strong message and ban for this. I hope Brian realises that all real Falkirk fans don’t feel that way and want to see him doing well.

Edited by FFC1982

Fair play to Brian Rice for calling it out after the game in the way that he did.

Sadly, it’s not really surprising. Some of our (and I guess other clubs but can’t speak for them) fans seem to think that passing through a turnstile gives them license to act like a total c**t for two hours.

Not a penalty , but seen them given ,Ref's discretion and all that  but really its a joke that this is even discussed,

Get back to deliberate handball and ditch this stupid rule, the players will be coming out with thier arms strapped to the waist at this rate .

Just watched both highlights and in the first half there was at least 3 fouls mentioned by the Alloa commentators against Falkirk which were not given, not one against Alloa (unless I missed it). This does not even count Oliver having his shirt half off his back and the nonsense with the throw ins so based on the Alloa commentating I think we can feel a wee bit hard done by in terms of the refereeing.  "Egregious" is also a ridiculous exaggeration for the penalty shout, it hits his side and even if it does hit his arm it is hard from a few feet away, at speed and his arms are tight against his body. It was also immediately after a foul on PJ. 

Also can only agree with all of the comments about that idiot from the main stand shouting at Rice. Really shameful. 

1 hour ago, Vegetableman said:

Not a penalty , but seen them given ,Ref's discretion and all that  but really its a joke that this is even discussed,

Get back to deliberate handball and ditch this stupid rule, the players will be coming out with thier arms strapped to the waist at this rate .

Completely agree. The fact that players can get booked and even sent off when they have no idea that the ball was anywhere near their arm in the first place really gets on my tits!

Not a lot between the teams yesterday but Falkirk taking their chance, a common theme over the 3 games. 

An excellent strike from Morrison for the goal and I can’t really pin anything on Hogarth as he never had much of a chance to see it before it flew in to the back of the net. 

On a positive, nice to see the reaction on here from the Falkirk support to Rice’s interview, and the Steak & Haggis pie was a superb addition to the menu!

16 hours ago, ShaggerG said:

I'm afraid so, yes, because the lino was running in the other direction following the ball. Possible I suppose that the stand side guy could have given it but unlikely as he was on his way to the half way line and would have been looking through a lot of players.

I get that there will be over-reaction from fans, but that's based on the appalling standard of refereeing that we've endured already this season. Some decisions have been absolutely laughably bad. 

I'm sure that you could point to a good few bad decisions given against Alloa this season

Tbh I don't really dwell on bad decisions at all. It is what it is, refs are doing their best and I don't see the point of it. How Alloa play over the season will determine whether we are successful, not referees' decisions.

Edited by printer

9 hours ago, Kevchenko said:

Not a lot between the teams yesterday but Falkirk taking their chance, a common theme over the 3 games. 

An excellent strike from Morrison for the goal and I can’t really pin anything on Hogarth as he never had much of a chance to see it before it flew in to the back of the net. 

On a positive, nice to see the reaction on here from the Falkirk support to Rice’s interview, and the Steak & Haggis pie was a superb addition to the menu!

Agree with this, it was a cracking strike which us Alloa fans got a good view of and it was in the net before Jay, who continues to looks a very talented young keeper, could move.

I thought we played well again yesterday and could easily have taken something from the game. I'd like to see us be less direct, but that approach is probably the right one against Falkirk with the players we have available.

Was disappointed with Durnan's slackness a couple of times, especially needlessly conceding the corner from which the goal came. Also thought Doyley and Stanger could have been better in possession. It was nice to see George out-sprinting Morrison - reminiscent of his Dad on the rugby pitch.

I'd like to see Strachan start with Taggs at right wing back. He's a tidy player and his long throw looks a real weapon.

Falkirk look to be getting stronger with every game. We haven't allowed them to play, apart from brief spells, in the three recent games yet they've won two and drawn one - a reflection of the depth of quality they have in the squad now and, also, improved belief/determination.

Great to read their fans' support of Brian Rice too. Kudos for that.

Edited by printer

3 hours ago, Kevchenko said:

Hogarth said that himself after the game - I was in the Hogarth should have done better camp but if I'm honest after more looks I'm chalking it up to Miller Murray on the edge of the box not being alert enough. 

We had a scare from Morrison on 35 minutes and 10 minutes later in almost a carbon copy we concede the goal.

3 hours ago, printer said:

Tbh I don't really dwell on bad decisions at all. It is what it is, refs are doing their best and I don't see the point of it. How Alloa play over the season will determine whether we are successful, not referees' decisions.

Fair do's, but the debate was on the standard of referees in this league and I was really asking if you had noticed if that was good bad or indifferent?

1 hour ago, ShaggerG said:

Fair do's, but the debate was on the standard of referees in this league and I was really asking if you had noticed if that was good bad or indifferent?

Generally I think it's been fine. About 90% of the time when there's a "controversial" or allegedly "horrific" decision, when I watch the highlights I think the ref has got it right, or at least I can see why he made the decision he did. ( I did the refs exam about twenty years ago for interest, so I've got a reasonable, if out of date knowledge of what the laws are. I didn’t actually ref any games as I certainly don't have the temperament for it - you may not be surprised to hear that. 😉 )

The refs we get in league one are FAR MORE qualified and experienced than your average fan.