Motherwell vs Hearts: Fir Park 2023-02-19 12:00

20 minutes ago, StellarHibee said:

Penalty FC have been mince all season. Consistently riding their luck and scoring against the balance of play. It's all falling apart for them now.
Best thing about it all will be the end of the media wankfest over an utterly substandard team.

I'll bet you actually believe that as well.

2 hours ago, capt_oats said:

giphy.gif

Twice in one week? Oh, you do spoil us so

Still laughing at the Hertz boy walking the length of the Hunter stand and getting pelters (rightly so) only to find out he wasn't one of the subs going off at that time. Sometimes it just isn't your day guys.

Alley alley alley oh...

1 hour ago, Crawford Bridge said:

What has Stellar said that's wrong?

Hearts are as mediocre as any team in the division. 

We aren't as mediocre as any other team though are we? It's our 2nd defeat in 12, we are in the cup QF's and since the break where we've not had Europe to compete with we have went from 5th place and 5 points behind to 3rd and 5 clear. We might not be great,  but we are obviously not as poor as the rest behind and much more consistent. One defeat doesn't really change that.

The penalty and "riding their luck" chat is comfort blanket pish.

A genuinely wonderful day at the football. Wednesday night was great because we dug in, held out well and grabbed the three points. Today? It could have been four or five. In Hearts' faces everytime they got the ball, won every second ball and actually played some decent stuff when we got the chance. 

Calum Butcher & Dan Casey have made a monumental difference at the back and the two young full backs are growing in stature with every game they play (it's a real shame Max will be offski in the summer). I wasn't too keen on Obika on Wednesday but thought he was excellent today. Kept it simple, held the ball up well and passed it to a boy wearing the same shirt as him. Van Veen also looks like he's enjoying someone alongside him doing their share of the ditty work. 

Hearts? Quite comfortably the third best team in the country but they were miles off it today. Absolutely dug shit. When you're losing out in a 50/50 to a paper cup, it's not your day.

29 minutes ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

Haven't enjoyed a game like that since we beat Hearts during peak Alexander ball. 2-0 and Moore got a red card.

Staring at the clock from 46 minutes on took the edge off it for me.  0-0 to 80 minutes then a late winner makes for a more relaxed day out.

5 minutes ago, Tony Wonder said:

We aren't as mediocre as any other team though are we? It's our 2nd defeat in 12, we are in the cup QF's and since the break where we've not had Europe to compete with we have went from 5th place and 5 points behind to 3rd and 5 clear. We might not be great,  but we are obviously not as poor as the rest behind and much more consistent. One defeat doesn't really change that.

The penalty and "riding their luck" chat is comfort blanket pish.

It's Hearts 2nd defeat in 3 mate. Celtic, Rangers and Hibs are the only 3 teams to be unbeaten in the last 6 games.

For all of the chronic chit chat of Hearts being well ahead of the rest outwith the OF. They've only won a single game more than Hibs this season, which would have been ZERO if the Ross County goal against us was correctly chalked off.

Your luck has ran out.

1 hour ago, pozbaird said:

Any more results like this and I’ll need to dig out the posts from uppity Jambos telling me they will finish 3rd by a significant margin, after my assertion that there really isn’t much between all of us* on any given matchday.

*Outwith the two disproportionally large kunts with all the money and VAR in their back pockets obviously.

I'll save you the bother, we'll finish 3rd by a significant margin because we're a step above the rest yet again. Losing a game away to Motherwell isn't the end of the world, it can happen to anyone (except Celtic) this season.

7 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

I think Walker and Crocker didn't spot just how good it was in real time.

I'll be honest, it took me a couple of replays to realise he got something on it. Was a very good header, thought he was done. Great save.

2 minutes ago, StellarHibee said:

It's Hearts 2nd defeat in 3 mate. Celtic, Rangers and Hibs are the only 3 teams to be unbeaten in the last 6 games.

For all of the chronic chit chat of Hearts being well ahead of the rest outwith the OF. They've only won a single game more than Hibs this season, which would have been ZERO if the Ross County goal against us was correctly chalked off.

Your luck has ran out.

We're going for 10IAR against Hibs so I'll go out on a limb and say we'll finish ahead of you get again.