The Very Meh Humza Yousaf Thread.

Ludo*1

7 minutes ago, StellarHibee said:

John Crace's carefully crafted narrative.

3 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

I usually enjoy his work. Refering to Boris as the convict when he was PM was some of his better work.

Hes bright, but I find him a bit of a difficult read sometimes - maybe I am not clever enough...........

5 minutes ago, Crùbag said:

Didn't see that coming. Yousaf poll bounce for the SNP. It's been wall-to-wall negativity from the Yoon press so far so good going despite that.

https://www.thenational.scot/news/23427240.new-poll-gives-snp-bounce-humza-yousaf-elected-leader/

Wait, that can’t be right!  Yousaf is a meh/continuity/poor person’s Sturgeon FM.

I’m sure the  P&B “I used to be an SNP member/supporter and still believe in Independence but will never vote for a pro-Independence party” brigade will be along shortly to point out the flaw in this poll.

7 minutes ago, Crùbag said:

Didn't see that coming. Yousaf poll bounce for the SNP. It's been wall-to-wall negativity from the Yoon press so far so good going despite that.

https://www.thenational.scot/news/23427240.new-poll-gives-snp-bounce-humza-yousaf-elected-leader/

I can't click on your link but ballot box Scotland has a huge swing from SNP to Labour and indy still below 50%.

With indy under fifty, there's no mandate and I'm afraid to say that now is not the time is as coherent as it is uncomfortable.

Oh and having read @Granny Danger's sarcasm, i guess it's just how you spin it.

4 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Wait, that can’t be right!  Yousaf is a meh/continuity/poor person’s Sturgeon FM.

I’m sure the  P&B “I used to be an SNP member/supporter and still believe in Independence but will never vote for a pro-Independence party” brigade will be along shortly to point out the flaw in this poll.

It certainly wouldn't appear to fit the "it's the end" narrative predicted by some. 

Incredible though it may seem, a change in leadership of the SNP has had no effect on my desire for independence. 

11 hours ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

This is a perfect example the type of person Murdo Fraser appeals to. Click on his bio for the full Rangers Da bingo.

As far as I know Rishi was born in Southampton. He's not foreign.

The last PM must be the one he's on about. Boris is American. 

Got to love this continual nonsense of folk sticking up polls from various outlets.

That should not trump the elected Parliament that people in Scotland actually went out and voted for.

If you went on polls today, the Tories would be out of office and hanging would be back in fashion.

Give it a rest until unionists can actually win an election.

22 minutes ago, Suspect Device said:

As far as I know Rishi was born in Southampton. He's not foreign.

The last PM must be the one he's on about. Boris is American. 

Not any more, he renounced his citizenship when Uncle Sam wanted tax money off him. 

48 minutes ago, Crùbag said:

GB News poll as well of all things. Delicious.

I love when posters on here cherry pick a solitary poll and use it as vindication. Stuart Campbell levels of delusion in my view. Just one step off creating your own line graph!

Edited by Trogdor

11 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

I love when posters on here cherry pick a solitary poll and use it as vindication. Stuart Campbell levels of delusion in my view.

I know what you mean but as more polls appear they will form a pattern of sorts. That shouldn't stop folk commenting on an early one carried out since the leadership change though, especially given the suggestions that the new FM wouldn't be popular across the voting public. 

Maybe if Forbes had won the 'bounce' would have been bigger. Don't suppose we'll ever know. 

13 minutes ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

I know what you mean but as more polls appear they will form a pattern of sorts. That shouldn't stop folk commenting on an early one carried out since the leadership change though, especially given the suggestions that the new FM wouldn't be popular across the voting public. 

Maybe if Forbes had won the 'bounce' would have been bigger. Don't suppose we'll ever know. 

It's not the only poll that's recent though, I could maybe forgive it, if it were. Hence my point on the cherry picking. Here's a savanta poll carried out this week.

Screenshot_20230331_205150_Chrome.thumb.jpg.4bc522477472cc9236f0f9c925ee0c08.jpg

Is there really a 'bounce'? One poll doesn't constitute a 'bounce' which is precisely the point.

Commenting on an individual poll to support a particular view point is nonsense and should be called out. I've just done it too! 🤦‍♂️

Edit - Just noticed Sophia made the same point. Great minds, fools seldom differ...

Edited by Trogdor

On 29/03/2023 at 21:17, renton said:

Genuinely interested if Kincardine Sidles up to punters in the Fox & Racist c**t  or whatever his local in Bucks is called, during an England game and bores the shit off them telling them they aren't really English at all, cos, y'know, 300 years of history... tail wagging the dog.... etc, etc.

Bloody beaker people, coming over here, with their hand made containers to hold liquids in. Bloody beaker people, tssss.

The immediate briefing, seeking to do Kate Forbes down, is interesting to me.

Glen Campbell, summoning up his very best Laura Kuenssberg, was very happy to share with the nation that as a Highland female MSP, Kate was more comfortable with an easier job. Setting aside the obvious red flag tropes, whether this is actually the case or not will be between Kate, Humza and the spin.

Me, I'm not at all happy that there is a focus away from tourism and this doesn't augur well for a one nation leader 

5 hours ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

It certainly wouldn't appear to fit the "it's the end" narrative predicted by some. 

Incredible though it may seem, a change in leadership of the SNP has had no effect on my desire for independence. 

No way, you haven't changed your mind because the government of the day is changing. I've said it before, but changing your view on independence based on an individual or a personality is wild.

However, it would seem many folk will continue to vote for the SNP, irrespective of their politicians, as what would appear to be the only route to independence at the moment. That'll be me as well. Oh well.