Relegation Scrap

Arbroath are slowly getting better and their key players such as McKenna are now starting to find their form.

if they can start scoring goals they have a decent chance

I don’t think Arbroath will lose many goals in the final run in - but they won’t score many either.

Too close to call and could go to last game of the season.

12 hours ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

I wouldn't write off the 9th place team in the play offs. I wouldn't put it past whichever one of Falkirk or Dunfermline ends up 2nd to make a hash of them. The pressure and expectation on that 2nd place team will be enormous. 

There’s also the chance the title battle in League One could go down to the wire, so you could have a situation where, like us in 17/18, a team loses the title on the last day of the season and then can’t pick themselves back up from that disappointment for the play off tie a few days later.

9 minutes ago, R.R.FC said:

There’s also the chance the title battle in League One could go down to the wire, so you could have a situation where, like us in 17/18, a team loses the title on the last day of the season and then can’t pick themselves back up from that disappointment for the play off tie a few days later.

It would be such a shame if that happened again. You'd hate to see it....

If Cove and Arbroath go down and Falkirk and Dunfermline come up then it would mean every team next season is full time. Any ideas when the last time all 10 sides were FT? Would be a few years ago now I suspect? 

Think we’re just too far away now to be dragged back into it. Much prefer the setup of these playoffs rather than the nonsense set up of the Premiership playoff 

24 minutes ago, Central Belt Caley said:

If Cove and Arbroath go down and Falkirk and Dunfermline come up then it would mean every team next season is full time. Any ideas when the last time all 10 sides were FT? Would be a few years ago now I suspect? 

Think we’re just too far away now to be dragged back into it. Much prefer the setup of these playoffs rather than the nonsense set up of the Premiership playoff 

11/12 I think. County, Dundee, Falkirk, Accies, Livi, Thistle, Raith, Morton, Ayr, QotS.

Although I’m not sure Ayr were FT at that point like they are now, so possibly even longer ago than that.

5 hours ago, Juanjo Nostalgia said:

Why?

We’ll gift you our usual 3 points so that’s 1/9 you don’t need to worry about.  

I’d have said Accies looked certain for safety after their two wins against Inverness but they then failed to beat a 10 man Arbroath which puts them right back in the mix. Can’t see ourselves or Inverness being dragged into it as we’re far enough ahead and Raith also play all the bottom 3 at home. Cove seem to be in reverse gear and have to play both Accies and Arbroath away so they’ve probably got the hardest run in. 

Hoping either Arbroath or Cove pull away and make 8th place their own. Heading down to hospitality for the Arbroath cove game on the 22nd of April.  Really don’t want this shifted to the Friday night game for the Beeb. Queen’s Park v Ayr same round of fixtures so hopefully run with that being a title game 🤞

4 hours ago, R.R.FC said:

#roaringback

Good times.

56 minutes ago, Moorie said:

Hoping either Arbroath or Cove pull away and make 8th place their own. Heading down to hospitality for the Arbroath cove game on the 22nd of April.  Really don’t want this shifted to the Friday night game for the Beeb. Queen’s Park v Ayr same round of fixtures so hopefully run with that being a title game 🤞

Unless it's changed this season the BBC can only show a maximum of 2 Championship games per ground and Gayfield's games will already be used up by then so you should be fine.

Looking at the fixtures I think these are the ones that were / are scheduled to be televised , plus there are 3 QP games where they were the only team to play on a Friday and I can't remember watching any of them but I think only the second Ayr game was on TV and the rest were clashes with Stenny / Syngenta home games

image.png.1a24b9c7d1e1f8cfca62473baaf7b94d.png

That would leave Ayr, Dundee and QP with home games still to go which would presumably be played out as follows

21/4 Ayr vs QP

28/4 Dundee vs Cove OR 14/4 Dundee vs Morton - suspect they'd go for the former though in case Dundee in position to win league at that point.

4/5 QP vs Dundee 

So to make it relevant to this thread only potentially Cove would have another game moved.

Corrections welcomed.

Edited by Fuctifano

4 hours ago, Pie Of The Month said:

Unless it's changed this season the BBC can only show a maximum of 2 Championship games per ground and Gayfield's games will already be used up by then so you should be fine.

4 hours ago, Fuctifano said:

Looking at the fixtures I think these are the ones that were / are scheduled to be televised , plus there are 3 QP games where they were the only team to play on a Friday and I can't remember watching any of them but I think only the second Ayr game was on TV and the rest were clashes with Stenny / Syngenta home games

image.png.1a24b9c7d1e1f8cfca62473baaf7b94d.png

That would leave Ayr, Dundee and QP with home games still to go which would presumably be played out as follows

21/4 Ayr vs QP

28/4 Dundee vs Cove OR 14/4 Dundee vs Morton - suspect they'd go for the former though in case Dundee in position to win league at that point.

4/5 QP vs Dundee 

So to make it relevant to this thread only potentially Cove would have another game moved.

Corrections welcomed.

Thanks for the update. QP v Ayr if there is still a tittle challenge/winner come the weekend of the 21st hopefully gets the pick