Gary Lineker

13 minutes ago, ScotiaNostra said:

I cant forgive Linekar for being a diving c**t and putting Cameroon out of the World Cup in 90. A horrible bit of cheating by a colonial country against an African team who looked like they were going on to win that game. His blatant cheating not only knocked Camerron out but took the momentun out of the rise of African Football at the time. A semi-final appearance and maybe more would have given a massive boost and self belief, who knows how football in Africa after that would have gone. It certainly took the wind out of its sails and it never managed to recover until Morocco in 2022

Hes never even apologised for it which makes it even worse as he clearly knew what he was doing, hes a c**t. The fact its glossed over by England and Linekar ever since makes it even worse.

Cameroon can have absolutely no complaints about anyone else cheating in that World Cup.  

There is a bit of "shoot the messenger" going on here.  Same tactics as the UK government.

If Alistair Campbell had said it, you would be saying "What about Iraq?"  
If Nicola Sturgeon said it, somebody would say "what about the ferries?"

As far as his message is concerned, I totally agree with him.

1 hour ago, dirty dingus said:

Tory HQ will be on the phone to the Mail, Express and Telegraph asking them to rake through his bins and call up every big titted big haired wannabe from the 80s to try find some dirt on him. Can't be letting him get away with telling the truth.

This. The right-wing press will use Lineker as a 'dead cat' to divert attention from the usual tsunami of cronyism & kleptocratic shite from the Tories.

e.g. Johnson has just nominated Paul Dacre for a knighthood.

2 hours ago, Benjamin_Nevis said:

I'm surprised no one's pulled up Lucy Frazer for her blatantly using her grandparents in the row either. She stated they'd fled Nazi Germany to come to the UK so Lineker's comparison was insulting. A year ago when writing a submission for International Women's Day she'd stated they'd fled Russia. These hopeless fuckers can't even get lies about their own families straight. 

She might have 2 grandmothers.

2 hours ago, Big Fifer said:

And for someone as preachy as Neville is to take that cash is for me the difference between him and the rest. He was torn to shreds on HIGNFY.

He was also out batting for Mason Greenwood a couple of weeks ago. A total p***k of a man whose 'principles' can be very quick to disappear where his bank balance or Man Utd are concerned. 

Anyway, to Linekar - he's done the Twitter thing that happens thousands of times a day and mentioned the Nazis when making a point, which has blown up because he's not a blank-profile-pic shitposter. If the that bit wasn't there I doubt this would've gotten any traction. The predictable outrage has already gotten well out of order. 

I expect he'll be fine. 

29 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Cameroon can have absolutely no complaints about anyone else cheating in that World Cup.  

I do not view honestly and openly kicking f**k out of the opposition as being anywhere near as disgraceful as trying to deceive the referee and cheat your opponent. The former is a much missed black art, the over-abundance of the latter a huge part of the reason why I have totally lost interest in 'elite' level club football.

4 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

I know about Right Said Fred, but is Matt Le Tissier a right wing, conspiracy theory loonball too?

Yes he's a fucking bampot. Anti vax, conspiracy lunatic.

1 minute ago, Michael W said:

He was also out batting for Mason Greenwood a couple of weeks ago. A total p***k of a man whose 'principles' can be very quick to disappear where his bank balance or Man Utd are concerned. 

Anyway, to Linekar - he's done the Twitter thing that happens thousands of times a day and mentioned the Nazis when making a point, which has blown up because he's not a blank-profile-pic shitposter. If the that bit wasn't there I doubt this would've gotten any traction. The predictable outrage has already gotten well out of order. 

I expect he'll be fine. 

Actually, he didn't.    He mentioned Germany in the 1930's.  What is clearly being referred to is where right wing* governments tend to lead.

He kind of laid the bait, and it was taken.

*and hard left too.

1 minute ago, beefybake said:

Actually, he didn't.    He mentioned Germany in the 1930's.  What is clearly being referred to is where right wing* governments tend to lead.

He kind of laid the bait, and it was taken.

*and hard left too.

The implications of the phrase '1930s Germany' are obvious. 

53 minutes ago, ScotiaNostra said:

I cant forgive Linekar for being a diving c**t and putting Cameroon out of the World Cup in 90. A horrible bit of cheating by a colonial country against an African team who looked like they were going on to win that game. His blatant cheating not only knocked Camerron out but took the momentun out of the rise of African Football at the time. A semi-final appearance and maybe more would have given a massive boost and self belief, who knows how football in Africa after that would have gone. It certainly took the wind out of its sails and it never managed to recover until Morocco in 2022

Hes never even apologised for it which makes it even worse as he clearly knew what he was doing, hes a c**t. The fact its glossed over by England and Linekar ever since makes it even worse.

I mean, this is the real issue here. 

5 minutes ago, Michael W said:

Thing is tho, Lineker isn’t saying anything new, he’s saying almost word for word what the lady who had to flee Belgium as a child told Braverman to her face about 6 weeks back. Even GBeebies are smart enough to realise that going after a Holocaust survivor to whip up the morons is somewhat of a bad look so Lineker gets it instead. 

6 minutes ago, Michael W said:

Yes but it does not imply the Tories are Nazis. 

It implies they are dangerously creating the environment in which the far right thrives.