Euro 2024 - Qualification Thread

jagfox

I just noticed that Austria didn't qualify for a European Championship until 2016. They hosted in 2008 without needing to.

It used to be a more difficult tournament to get to than the World Cup, but still surprised me a little.

Israel have had a weird few days catching up from last month. Beaten in Kosovo then sneaked a late equaliser to the Swiss tonight.

Need 6 points from their final two games. Must beat Romania on Saturday in Hungary to stand a chance. However if they do, it opens up half a chance as they have Andorra on the final day while Romania play Switzerland.

39 minutes ago, AMMjag said:

I'd assumed Sweden were playing their under 17s tonight since they're already out, but no, they really are just rancid at the moment.

Ooooooft. Haven't seen them play since the last Euros, but that's the worst qualifying performance I can remember them having.

9 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

Luxembourg beating Bosnia.

Iceland ahead in Slovakia.

22 hours ago, BucksburnDandy said:

Israel have had a weird few days catching up from last month. Beaten in Kosovo then sneaked a late equaliser to the Swiss tonight.

Need 6 points from their final two games. Must beat Romania on Saturday in Hungary to stand a chance. However if they do, it opens up half a chance as they have Andorra on the final day while Romania play Switzerland.

UEFA will be praying that they don't win on Saturday. 

42 minutes ago, Autistisches Nilpferd said:

Luxembourg in the playoffs?

Nobody to blame but themselves - they really should've taken more than a point off Slovakia.

Looking like they'll need to get past two from Georgia, Greece, and Kazakhstan in League C at the moment, which...good luck to them. The two sides directly below them, Iceland and Bosnia, might be taking part in the League B play-offs, which seems bizarre, but that's the Nations League for you.

9 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

You'd definitely want to be in Pot 3 if that was how the seedings fell!

Best draw: Germany, Slovenia, Israel.
Worst draw: France, Switzerland, Croatia.