Non 'Rangers' or Celtic players to have scored in a euros or world cup

14 hours ago, 10menwent2mow said:

Sorry if I didn't make this clear but I was meaning Scottish clubs. 

You made it pretty obvious, otherwise it would have been a game of "name the clubs that Scotland players were with when they scored in a major finals."

Fan Zhiyi scored in a World Cup qualifier 2 weeks before signing for Dundee, so doesn't count.

Temuri Ketsbia scored twice against Israel, but it was a friendly, so that doesn't count.

Mickael Antoine Curier scored 6 for Guadeloupe in the Caribbean Cup, whilst with us, don't think that counts either.

Marcus Haber scored in a friendly against Mauritania, when with us.

Morten Wieghorst scored in a friendly against Finland when he was at Dundee.

I will keep digging!

Edited by johnnydun

Glen Kamara scored his only goal for Finland against Greece in the Nations League.

Alan Gilzean only managed goals in the home nations league against England and NI, and 2 in a friendly against Germany, whilst at Dundee.

Similar with Billy Steel, 4 goals in one game against Ireland in the Home Nations and 1 v Denmark in a friendly.

That's about it really.

Adrian Madaschi scored twice in the 2004 OFC Nations cup while playing for Thistle. That’s as good as I can get for us. 

Had thought that Quinton Jacobs might’ve scored at the AFCON whilst with Thistle, but seems not. Someone I’ve never ever heard of named Eliphas Shivute seemed to get a couple in the 1998 AFCON while playing for Motherwell though. 

18 hours ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Adrian Madaschi scored twice in the 2004 OFC Nations cup while playing for Thistle. That’s as good as I can get for us. 

Had thought that Quinton Jacobs might’ve scored at the AFCON whilst with Thistle, but seems not. Someone I’ve never ever heard of named Eliphas Shivute seemed to get a couple in the 1998 AFCON while playing for Motherwell though. 

@eliphas will be outraged.

11 hours ago, invergowrie arab said:

I'm throughly enjoying the half dozen different interpretations of the question in the answers given.

Yep...the question is pretty clear.  The correct answer would be every player who hasn't played for either of the OF who has scored in the euros or world cup.  It would be a lengthy list though.  

Haud the bus though - how about someone who played for QPR?  Or any other team with 'Celtic' or 'Rangers" in their name?  

3 hours ago, hk blues said:

Yep...the question is pretty clear.  The correct answer would be every player who hasn't played for either of the OF who has scored in the euros or world cup.  It would be a lengthy list though.  

Haud the bus though - how about someone who played for QPR?  Or any other team with 'Celtic' or 'Rangers" in their name?  

With all due respect to the good people of Staleybridge, Berwick and Cove that's unlikely to be an issue

5 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Celtic's  Tommy Boyd scored a late winner for Brazil in 1998

Yeah I don’t need reminded of that thanks but was wondering if any players of other Scottish clubs had done so. Thats not even the worse thing Boyd has done if you ever have the misfortune to Celtic TV.