Raith Rovers vs Queen's Park

6 minutes ago, bridgeofweirdo said:

Toothless performance. How many stray passes?. Didn't look like we wanted to win. Not the same team of a few weeks ago.

It’s strange, a good press and lots of good competition in the middle third, but the Raith defence was solid and Queen’s couldn’t seem to find any real threat. If the penalty had been scored, it would have been interesting to see if that generated something else from Queen’s, but they looked like Raith on Sunday, just never gonna score.

Genuinely no idea what the Queens left back was doing for the Rovers second goal, just stood watching as the ball went over his head. For a team top of the league, they were pretty poor overall. Savoury looks decent, tidy on the ball. 

Scott Brown was immense. I lost count of the interceptions and tackles he made, fantastic signing.

Really enjoyable afternoon. You could feel a bit of a flatter atmosphere after last week but that’s only natural.

Tidy & simple today.

10 minutes ago, Stuntiethumper said:

Well beat. Just not at the races today. Seemed frightened to have a go. I think the pen was our only shot on target!  Hey ho.

5 games to go and still top, pretty sure that's a lot more than you would have hoped for. Tough game for you guys on Friday but get through that and the last game of the season will be tasty. Good luck guys 👍

52 minutes ago, Stuntiethumper said:

Well beat. Just not at the races today. Seemed frightened to have a go. I think the pen was our only shot on target!  Hey ho.

And the rebound, which MacDonald said he just threw his face at it in order to block it.

If Rovers turn to shite when the clocks go back, we come alive when the clocks go forward. Should have won that even more comfortably.

Shame for QP but they’re still top for now. Ditch the red strips. I prefer to see the traditional ones when there isn’t a clash. 

Hopefully we can keep it going against Accies midweek and see if we can push for the play offs.

Edited by Scary Bear