Partick thistle vs Queens park

Win here and I think we’re just about there for securing the playoff spot, which is nice. 52 points got us fourth last season, and that’s have us on 51 with four still to play, including against two of the bottom three.

It would also throw the cat amongst the pigeons for the title, with us only three behind Queen’s Park and Dundee still to play that weekend. I don’t think we’ll actually win the league, obviously, but we could still play our part in totally spoiling Owen Coyle’s season, which would be nearly as nice tbh. Every team has had a wobble at some point this season, and it looks like Queens might be hitting there’s at the worst possible time.

Having said all that, I don’t want to get carried away on the back of beating a fucking terrible Cove side, and Queens have pumped us rotten three times already this season. We also have essentially no defenders left just now so I’m not expecting the above to happen.

21 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Win here and I think we’re just about there for securing the playoff spot, which is nice. 52 points got us fourth last season, and that’s have us on 51 with four still to play, including against two of the bottom three.

It would also throw the cat amongst the pigeons for the title, with us only three behind Queen’s Park and Dundee still to play that weekend. I don’t think we’ll actually win the league, obviously, but we could still play our part in totally spoiling Owen Coyle’s season, which would be nearly as nice tbh. Every team has had a wobble at some point this season, and it looks like Queens might be hitting there’s at the worst possible time.

Having said all that, I don’t want to get carried away on the back of beating a fucking terrible Cove side, and Queens have pumped us rotten three times already this season. We also have essentially no defenders left just now so I’m not expecting the above to happen.

Probably the best time for you to play as we have been misfiring for a few weeks now.  If you can't beat us on Friday then you will truly be the fourth team in Glasgow😉.  

Looking forward to a game in Glasgow for a change. Easter Friday, derby match, a few pints and some scran in the west end before, then on to watch two teams that try to play football the right way. What's not to like?  Should be a good day out.

The feeling that Dundee are probably going to win their upcoming games to go top might shift our mentality a wee bit. We have to go from protecting top spot back to a chasing mentality on that assumption.

Been a disappointing couple of weeks, but we know we have the talent in there and the manager to get them playing. For all the talk of “QP Gretna” I think Longridge might be the only one in our squad who has ever actually been promoted out of this league and Kilday might be the only other one who has ever been in the fight for it. The show of nerves isn’t altogether surprising. Hopefully get back to passing the ball the way we can and see where it takes us.

Reckon this might be the single outing for that third kit. “Spirit of Glasgow” and all that. Can’t see any other fixture where we could use it. 

21 minutes ago, jagfox said:

I'm looking forward to giving the Larbert Gretna a shoeing, off and on the park. 7pm up the Nolly, I will even allow you a weapon each. 

Thank you.

What exactly would constitute violence from a Thistle fan? A withering pun? 

8 minutes ago, an86 said:

What exactly would constitute violence from a Thistle fan? A withering pun? 

A kick in the stones.

No puns, or gouging. The usual rules...

Edited by jagfox

7 minutes ago, bridgeofweirdo said:

Hope you can swim...

I hope you have left very specific instructions for your next of kin. 

You may want to bring a pre bout snack. 

Thank you.

Can't wait for the day out.

First time this season I'm actually not looking forward to the football itself. We've absolutely bottled the last two weeks and I can't see it changing any time soon. Will take top 4 now given what we did last year in the playoffs. 

5 minutes ago, Dave said:

Can't wait for the day out.

First time this season I'm actually not looking forward to the football itself. We've absolutely bottled the last two weeks and I can't see it changing any time soon. Will take top 4 now given what we did last year in the playoffs. 

Would have grabbed your hand for top four at the beginning of the season.

24 minutes ago, R&Y99 said:

The club are doing a bring a friend for a tenner programme for this game for season ticket holders - if anyone is thinking of bringing someone to the game. 

https://ptfc.co.uk/ptfc-news/season-ticket-holders-can-bring-a-friend-to-queens-park-fixture-for-just-10/

Can I go with jagfox please 😘