Nicola Sturgeon Arrested, Peter Murrell Charged

Lex

4 hours ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

We’re no closer, and potentially further away from Indy than we were in 2014.

The best part of 10 years lost and not a glove laid on the Yoons. 

Many reasons for that. And we won't change people's minds by othering them as 'Yoons'.

Ash Regan and a few others calling for Nicola Sturgeon to be suspended from the SNP.  Have they suspended the others who've been arrested? 

For all the talk of the press needing to be mindful of contempt of court, I've seen a few brainiac SNP MPs and MSPs make confident pronouncements on her guilt or innocence in this case.

35 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

Ash Regan and a few others calling for Nicola Sturgeon to be suspended from the SNP.  Have they suspended the others who've been arrested? 

No but they quite happily suspended Ferrier & Thomson long before plod had them in for questioning. McDonald and Grady suspended on allegations. McGarry a different case, she resigned the SNP whip meaning she suspended herself

What's so different about the most powerful couple in the SNP hmm 🤔

3 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

How many folk on here knew who Ash Regan was before her laughable leadership bid?  I had never heard of her.

Ditto.

Ash and her tartan jackets can get in the sea. She's a non entity.

5 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

How many folk on here knew who Ash Regan was before her laughable leadership bid?  I had never heard of her.

Angry Jo Swinson vibes.

Scotland's Next First Minister (ya c**t).

Only heard her when the leadership hustings began. I recall that at the first three meetings she would announce herself as "the only SNP minister to resign over GRR" or something with a pause for applause.

Applause that never came.

Knew she was sunk right then.

4 minutes ago, Zern said:

Only heard her when the leadership hustings began. I recall that at the first three meetings she would announce herself as "the only SNP minister to resign over GRR" or something with a pause for applause.

Applause that never came.

Knew she was sunk right then.

She dodged a bullet there to be fair.

6 hours ago, ICTChris said:

For all the talk of the press needing to be mindful of contempt of court, I've seen a few brainiac SNP MPs and MSPs make confident pronouncements on her guilt or innocence in this case.

Genuinely everyone should be quiet about this case. 

Suspension should only come into play if there are any charges.

No surprise either that the Scottish Tories are calling for suspension - you could take a fucking torch to DRoss's neck.

Edited by DeeTillEhDeh

1 hour ago, Herc said:

Regan is my MSP.

Not that I voted for her.

Who is the maddest MP or MSP that everyone has had?

Since I moved to Edinburgh my MPs have been

2005-2006 - Gavin Strang

2006-2007 - Alistair Darling

2007-2012 - Mark Lazarowicz

2012 - 2015 - Alistair Darling (again)

2015 - present - Joanna Cherry

I'm not sure I can be bothered going back and checking who all my MSPs are.  One of the Tories for my area put a leaflet out against new 5G towers but sadly it was on the grounds that they look ugly rather than her thinking they put microchips in your brain.

One of my brothers had George Galloway as an MP back in the 1990s.

5 hours ago, orfc said:

No but they quite happily suspended Ferrier & Thomson long before plod had them in for questioning. McDonald and Grady suspended on allegations. McGarry a different case, she resigned the SNP whip meaning she suspended herself

What's so different about the most powerful couple in the SNP hmm 🤔

Ferrier was suspended after admitting she had broken Covid  rules - she denied initially and they were prepared to defend her but then the truth came out.  

McDonald admitted his behaviour was inappropriate but then missed out key information and so was suspended at that point.

I'm surprised you used Grady to back up your argument - if anything the party were guilty of being way too slow to suspend him - and even allegedly threatening the staffer who made the complaint. The likes of Blackford should be ashamed of their conduct in the Grady case.

BTW - I'm not defending Sturgeon (or others) - if there are charges those charged should be suspended immediately.

Edited by DeeTillEhDeh

59 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

Who is the maddest MP or MSP that everyone has had?

Since I moved to Edinburgh my MPs have been

2005-2006 - Gavin Strang

2006-2007 - Alistair Darling

2007-2012 - Mark Lazarowicz

2012 - 2015 - Alistair Darling (again)

2015 - present - Joanna Cherry

I'm not sure I can be bothered going back and checking who all my MSPs are.  One of the Tories for my area put a leaflet out against new 5G towers but sadly it was on the grounds that they look ugly rather than her thinking they put microchips in your brain.

One of my brothers had George Galloway as an MP back in the 1990s.

Since I became old enough to vote, my MPs have been the following:

John Lyons of Labour (nope, me neither), Jo Swinson of the Lib Dems, Ann McKechin of Labour, and Patrick Grady, usually of the SNP :whistle.

MSPs - Sam Galbraith, Brian Fitzpatrick (both Labour), Jean Turner (Ind), David Whitton (Labour), Pauline McNeill (Labour), Sandra White and Kaukab Stewart (both SNP).

Mainly nobodies and no-hopers apart from Swinson, Grady and Galbraith, but they have certainly all had some press scrutiny for negative reasons.